What's new

Question Why aren't sweeps used much?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Most of the time B4 is slower than D4 for character and D4 keeping your opponent standing in hit advantage rather than being on the floor is a lot more exploitable for most.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Why dont characters that have no low starter use b4?
I feel johnny could get alot out of b4.
It can be used sparingly because it's fast and nobody blocks low often vs Cage, but it's pretty negative on block so...there is a risk.

In terms of risk/reward, d4 is better.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Lol wat malice uses cages sweep but u can get 7% off chip with cage anyway as well as more meter and possibly opening someone up. I see @EVB Alright RyRy use sweeps a lot but I'm not saying cuz he's mashing ex punch walk but I mean... Cuz he's uhhhhhhh using the tools of the game uhhhhhhh... Yea he utilizes giros uh tools...

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
It all just depends on character. I find the B4 option really slows down the pace of the match and makes it frustrating for the opponent to get their game going. Jason's D4 isn't too good, but his B4 is just really good for setting up an Overhead big leg or even baiting a wake-up.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
It all just depends on character. I find the B4 option really slows down the pace of the match and makes it frustrating for the opponent to get their game going. Jason's D4 isn't too good, but his B4 is just really good for setting up an Overhead big leg or even baiting a wake-up.
THOU SHALL NOT... I'll stop

gam224

The world's least hype player
it depends, I find that liu kang's sweep is an excellent tool but i don't use kotal's or kitana's

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Lol wat malice uses cages sweep but u can get 7% off chip with cage anyway as well as more meter and possibly opening someone up. I see @EVB Alright RyRy use sweeps a lot but I'm not saying cuz he's mashing ex punch walk but I mean... Cuz he's uhhhhhhh using the tools of the game uhhhhhhh... Yea he utilizes giros uh tools...
I love using Goros B4, very good range. Especially since a D4 from Goro only guarantees a F3 and it is a just frame link.

Also B4 maybe one of Goros best trip-guarding tools.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
I love using Goros B4, very good range. Especially since a D4 from Goro only guarantees a F3 and it is a just frame link.

Also B4 maybe one of Goros best trip-guarding tools.
>.> b4 is good for trip guards on everyone! Forgot to mention that ppls use sweep

Wigy

There it is...
@Wigy uses Cage's D4, I noticed. Pretty smart actually, when you think about. Despite the frame data lol, the reward is good when you have time to regain stamina and pressure your opponent on wakeup.
B4*

Its good in MU's where they have dodgy armour. Just gotta condition your opponent properly. But its high risk high reward especially after ur stamina is done.

Map the Soul

#nolivesmatter
many character's sweeps are actually good in function/use, but the main ones that come to mind at least for me are goro, kitana, jason, ermac, ferra/torr (both lackey and the other two)

Probably because most characters have low starters that combo into high damage. As someone mentioned above, some are safe so why get less reward when you can just use a different thing to possibly get 5x the amount of damage? This can also be a part of why footsies are really bad in this game.