What's new

Why are Injustice players so bad at whiff punishing?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like whiff punishing with Hawkgirl's back 2, 3 and other strings. Whiff punishing is a big part of my game, I also like using wing evade 3 to whiff punish etc.

I was whiff punishing in MK9 with almost 30 frame strings so doing it in this game never really bothered me that much it came somewhat easy I guess.
And you have a completely broken, advantage, safe special move to whiff punish with.

Hawk Girl players are the scum of the earth.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Zod can cancel whiffed strings? Or have to research punishes? If memory serves he's extremely negative on all his specials, his zod charge is a 40%whiff punish delivery service

Rude

Hawk Girl should be removed from this game in favor of a more interesting and fair character. Like Krypto.

Espio

Kokomo
And you have a completely broken, advantage, safe special move to whiff punish with.

Hawk Girl players are the scum of the earth.
Advantage if you use meter like most people's MB moves so lol <_<.

I don't complain about her though so I don't see your point and Batman players with tears for Hawkgirl..nothing new here:coffee:.

A year from now, Injustice players will be using a new tech that doesn't exist yet. I call that future tech "OS string evading". :16Bit

Rude

I don't complain about her though so I don't see your point and Batman players with tears for Hawkgirl..nothing new here:coffee:.
Hawk Girl is a waste of a character space. Krypto, The Super-Dog would have been a more fair and viable character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

you don't complain because you'd look like the scrub you are if you whined about HG not being good enough

you fraud :p

Espio

Kokomo
you don't complain because you'd look like the scrub you are if you whined about HG not being good enough

you fraud :p

Nope, I just know she's a solid character and have no relevant complaints about her at all. I happen to think she goes even with the so called best character in the game #holddat

It's a shame you lose to scrubs though :REO.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

It is advantage. Its +1

I just felt that the fact you can't cancel a dash, and slow walk speeds is the main culprit. In tekken, whiff punishing is hella easy, and most characters have a very easy go to string to punish a whiffed move. It doesn't feel that way for me in injustice (unless your using a character with a hella range string, or good movement).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
A lot of times I don't whiff punish because I don't trust my range (shitty KF normals... I should slide more lol). To be honest, the movement in Injustice fucking blows... MK9 movement is far superior and allowed better zoning, spacing, and footsies.

I think it's too early in the game's life. We will start to see much better whiff punishing as the game progresses and the level of play in tournaments inccreases.

Espio

Kokomo
Hawk girl - Batman is fucking terrible for Hawk girl. He has some of the best air control in the game. I hope you're not being serious.

It's like 6-4 Batman's favor. I will say that just because she can't fly doesn't mean she gets destroyed in a match up or even outright loses it, she does have some 5-5 where she doesn't use trait really at all or pretty much ever.

There's more to her truly bad match ups beyond merely not being able to fly. Her offense is incredibly good as is her forward walk speed and she can give Batman some trouble up close, but he obviously doesn't struggle versus her badly. Just my opinion though.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE AT THIS GAME SUCK?" The engine and mechanics are not conducive to punishing whiffs easily due to how large the fight area is and how poopy the startup is on many long-ranged attacks.

ROCKET SCIENCE

Rude

It's like 6-4 Batman's favor. I will say that just because she can't fly doesn't mean she gets destroyed in a match up or even outright loses it, she does have some 5-5 where she doesn't use trait really at all or pretty much ever.

There's more to her truly bad match ups beyond merely not being able to fly. Her offense is incredibly good as is her forward walk speed and she can give Batman some trouble up close, but he obviously doesn't struggle versus her badly. Just my opinion though.
You serial downplayer.

We know the TRUTH about scumbag Hawk Girl.

Rude

Because fluff has anything to do with what you can do to character's crunch.
k.
well....maybe this is an unheard of idea BUT...

A character's tools are kind of based on character concept. I mean....just think about it for a second.

Also, why would you ever take such a statement seriously. Read a book.

I gotta say, out of all the fighting games I've played, the spacing for injustice is one of the most toughest I've dealt with. The distance to be outside the range to whiff punish or bait something is pretty strict. This is mainly due to the long dashes, and slow walk speed that make getting into the sweet spot pretty difficult.

However, I do love the challenge. I never thought about it, but I probably just need to practice movement more, and figure out how to get into that "sweet spot" to whiff punish (in addition to walking in and out of an opponents attacks), as well as the range for all my characters moves (Bane). The movement in this game is a lot different compared to many fighting games, which means the footsie game is bound to be different as well.

Last edited: