What's new

Why ain't we had a female Guest?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Buffy is absolutely more 'relevant' than the likes of RoboCop or Spawn to anyone that isn't pushing 40 and balding.
I was gonna argue but I guess the fact that I know who Buffy is despite not knowing a single thing about her show means you're right about her being relevant. Idk about her being more relevant than those two chars tho

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
If they are going the DC route they could have Circe/Cheetah/Catwoman/Harley Quinn/Grail.

I've heard this before but games/toys largely don't have female characters that sell well. I mean, they could have Ghostface from Scream 2 where Jacki from Roseanne was the killer. Or Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct. I think a lot of it is they don't have fancy outfits. Red Sonja seems to fit the most. or the villian that was in that Conan Reboot movie that Rose McGowan played would be awesome.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I just want Buffy.

If they are going the DC route they could have Circe/Cheetah/Catwoman/Harley Quinn/Grail.

I've heard this before but games/toys largely don't have female characters that sell well. I mean, they could have Ghostface from Scream 2 where Jacki from Roseanne was the killer. Or Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct. I think a lot of it is they don't have fancy outfits. Red Sonja seems to fit the most. or the villian that was in that Conan Reboot movie that Rose McGowan played would be awesome.
In the US maybe, but in Japan female characters are VERY popular. It’s just strange how in the west it’s the opposite. I feel like even in games like MK, there are just a lot of dude bros that think female characters are for the girls and gays.
It’s unfortunate since a lot of female characters are badass.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I just want Buffy.

In the US maybe, but in Japan female characters are VERY popular. It’s just strange how in the west it’s the opposite. I feel like even in games like MK, there are just a lot of dude bros that think female characters are for the girls and gays.
I'm straight and I love playing female characters. Typically, in games that have a character creator I will select the female gender 90% of the time. Plus, I like looking at girl butts. ;)

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I just want Buffy.

Well...it's like action figures. They always said the female characters would not sell, then they would go to like a convention exlusive or something become crazy expensive. I mean, I know very few women IRL who are into video games and if they are they still gravitate towards the male characters. For example, I probably know just as many if not more who LOVE Robocop, Rambo, Terminator, Freddy, Jason etc. And honestly, in terms of fighting games it seems people just pick whoever is OP, where it is male or female. Buffy would be good, they could also get a skin/voice/likeness of not just sarah michelle gellar but the one in the movie it was loosely based off of. I kinda wasn't into those or didn't see those shows at that time on that network. i was getting older and they were all on the network with Charmed, Felicity (who had no problems but everything was a problem), and Dawson's Creek (where kids were not that smart or confident). But I digress.

I would prefer Buffy way before Ash Williams. It seems like she would fit.

Onryoki

I'm straight and I love playing female characters. Typically, in games that have a character creator I will select the female gender 90% of the time. Plus, I like looking at girl butts. ;)
It’s funny since I’m gay and like playing male characters more. Unless I feel like the female characters are designed better or when there are more of them.
For example in Dead Or Alive I prefer the female characters since they’re usually designed better.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
It’s funny since I’m gay and like playing male characters more. Unless I feel like the female characters are designed better or when there are more of them.
For example in Dead Or Alive I prefer the female characters since they’re usually designed better.
DoA just wants to show off all the jigglies though. They need to give the guys some dong physics lol.

Onryoki

DoA just wants to show off all the jigglies though. They need to give the guys some dong physics lol.
UGHH I wish 19100
I wanted to rebuttle your statement that they only care about jiggles but unfortunately that’s what Team Ninja chose despite the competitive community’s wishes. A lot of people wanted a fleshed out fighter with regular DLC.

Last edited:
It's very odd how the creators haven't done anything with Buffy after all these years not even a dbd chapter or fornite skin

There's also Xena who's less iconic but would still be great to see

I don't think Tarantino would allow any of his properties in a video game sadly

Ed did mention Ripley and Sarah Connor but both ended up being skins and are a bit too shooty for me, I'd prefer Ripley

R rated Lady Gaga Harley Quinn?
And don't Warner own GOT? Maybe Gwendoline Christies character

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't think Tarantino would allow any of his properties in a video game sadly
It probably wouldn't be up to him, it'd be up to the studio. I think that's typically who owns the rights. Unless a character has been adapted from novel or some other work of art, in which case the rights remain with the creator. Hannibal Lector, for example would be owned by Thomas Harris.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
We have female characters in the MAIN ROSTER, why does it matter if we dont get female GUEST characters?
Because there are plenty of female guest characters who could make interesting guest characters. And it's also kind of strange that there have been so many guest characters, but all past guests have been exclusively male. It's 2023, time for some gender equality.

Him

Noob
Because there are plenty of female guest characters who could make interesting guest characters. And it's also kind of strange that there have been so many guest characters, but all past guests have been exclusively male. It's 2023, time for some gender equality.
None of this is a good reason as why not having female GUEST characters would matter. And the bolded is just a horrible take. Political stances like this need stay out the fucking thread. It opens the door for other "sensitive" topics, as it is 3rd rail entrapment. It speaks volumes of the modship if nothing is done about this.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
None of this is a good reason as why not having female GUEST characters would matter. And the bolded is just a horrible take. Political stances like this need stay out the fucking thread. It opens the door for other "sensitive" topics, as it is 3rd rail entrapment. It speaks volumes of the modship if nothing is done about this.
lol chill out bro, triggered much?

KCJ506

Noob
How badly was the game selling? It only had 2 guest characters, one of which wasn't even multiformat, so on PC and Xbox you only had one guest, and (irrespective of voice actor) his likeness was based on that critically mauled reboot of A Nightmare on Elm Street?
Not to mention Kratos wasn't even DLC and MK tends to sell really well because of its impact on the industry and because one of most casual-friendly fighting game franchises. So I have a hard time believing that MK9 wasn't selling well before Freddy was revealed. Hell I'm certain a lot of people had already purchased the Kombat Pack before Freddy was revealed to be the last character.

Him

Noob
We have male characters in the base roster, why do we need male guest characters?
:coffee:
Since NRS inception (which was over 12 years ago), we've had over 15 male guest characters, its too late to ask this dumbass question.

And why are you asking me, anyway? Im not clamoring for guest characters. Try again.