What's new

Who's your counter pick?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Well all do it sometimes but who do you use as a counter pick for characters you hate fighting? I main lex so a couple of my counter picks

i counter:

Batman with shazam (i get beat bad for the first 3/4 the match but i end up coming back EVERYTIME)
aquaman with joker
scorpion with lex (i know lex is my main but still i make sure im him if i.fight scorpion hes really easy to fight as him)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can't counter pick a good player.
Adapt vs a good player.
Vs a bad player you will win anyway without any counterpick.

I've kounter picked good players before. How is this not possible?

Vs bad players I wouldn't lose to be put into that situation to be able to kounter pick...

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Up until tonight I use to pick KF vs Bane due to the parry issue, but hey guess time to stick with HG now.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I love posts like, "If you play a bad player you will always win, unless you suck". Really? What is the point of even posting?

I counter (or at least try to):

Bane w/ Doomsday
Grundy w/ Superman
Doomsday w/ Flash
Deathstroke w/Black Adam
Aquaman w/ Superman or Black Adam
Green Lantern w/ Superman or Raven
Hawkgirl w/ Raven

The greatest/lamest match I have ever had was Grundy vs Deathstroke. The guy did nothing but spam pistols, so I literally crouched and tickled his feet with corpse hands to chip through his block hahaha.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I don't counter pick in Injustice, and I didn't counter pick in MK9 where I used Sub-Zero. I try to learn the match up to the best of my ability and deal with it. I personally would rather lose with my main, then win a character I haven't put too much time in with do to a bad MU. That's just my opinion though. I'm nobody.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I just like to switch it up a bit. Superman is my main and is counter to all for me, but I guess the others are more unintentional counter picks that I've made a mental note about.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I have my second man Deathstroke ready for any time I have to go against an Aquaman. As a Batman mainer, I alway struggle against the King of Atlantis.

But, other than that, I use both of them as I see fit.

I used to use Superman but got sick of the numerous nerfs. I now use GL and Lobo as my two mains and occasionally I use Batman against Bane for the parry, but that won't work anymore. I'll main Zod when he comes out too because he is my favorite DC character of all and also for the parry.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I don't counter-pick. I play who I want to play as, even if it's a bad matchup. Don't be a scrub.
Throwing out dumb-ass jargon doesn't make you any cooler than the rest of us...Now if you're the ghost of Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopez, I apologize, but since you're not I'll assume you just want the almighty fighting game community to like you.

Sasuga

Noob
Batgirl. Because Harley tends to struggle vs heavy zoners. But! They either counterpick babs or leave immediately.

I only counterpick when Im on a losing streak. I can't stand it when they don't stick to their Deathstrokes and Supermans that they just won a couple of times with, just because I pick Babs.

MoldMan

Noob
I used to use Superman but got sick of the numerous nerfs. I now use GL and Lobo as my two mains and occasionally I use Batman against Bane for the parry, but that won't work anymore. I'll main Zod when he comes out too because he is my favorite DC character of all and also for the parry.
Not so serious

McNasty

Moist.
Can't counter pick a good player.
Adapt vs a good player.
Vs a bad player you will win anyway without any counterpick.
Very smart statement here anyone who is playing in tourney should have this as their main focus.

Certainly the oppertunity might arise that you for fact know that they do not have the recquired MU knowledge of your CP but its best to never leave it up to what ifs... Especially concerning your main.