What's new

Who's Worse to Play Against, Cyrax in MK9 or Quan Chi in MKX?

Who's more "broken"?

• Cyrax in MK9

Votes: 158 80.2%
  • Quan Chi in MKX

Votes: 39 19.8%

• Total voters

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I think Kabal should also be an option to select in the poll. Btw, how many major tournaments were won with Cyrax?

My opinion may be biased of course because I went from playing Cyrax to Jacqui, and fighting against Quan is just a big spoonful of NOPE.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I don't really complain about the brokenness and tiers in this game because I went through MK9 and it just can't compare. Cyrax had unblockable crap, even if you broken you were still screwed.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Cyrax.

You get hit once and you die. You don't get put into a guessing situation where you have a chance to get out, you die. 80% combo.

Cyrax hits you once, you eat 80% damage at least. I say at least, because even by the end of the MK9 days, Cyrax players STILL weren't using the double net restand after a reset. If you landed the net restand into command grab, you would get a further 17% or so, making it basically a 100% combo for a single bar.

You knock quan down, you can probably win. You knock Cyrax down and he had really good wakeup attacks that got him out of basically any trouble.

Cyrax was a swiss army knife, a tool for every situation, but instead of a little survival knife, it was a fucking machete.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
Cyrax and it's not even close. At least Quan's stuff is blockable and he doesn't have a good wake up. Against a top tier Cyrax player... You were pretty much dead with one hit. Even if Cyrax didn't have resets, he still got around 50-60% with one bar and a command grab which lead to a free mixup. I hate fighting Quan chi, but I will fight him any day of the week than that broken yellow submarine.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Of both games overall, Neither. I'd go KL and Kabal all day every day.

But just out of these two hmmm you know it's close to me because both have resets that cause crazy easy damage. Though from recent patches I'd probably lean Cyrax a little more here since he was never fixed like at all...

I do hope Tri-borg's Cyrax variation isn't nearly as broken or OP...

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Of both games overall, Neither. I'd go KL and Kabal all day every day.

But just out of these two hmmm you know it's close to me because both have resets that cause crazy easy damage. Though from recent patches I'd probably lean Cyrax a little more here since he was never fixed like at all...

I do hope Tri-borg's Cyrax variation isn't nearly as broken or OP...
earthrealm girl eh?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I think Kabal should also be an option to select in the poll. Btw, how many major tournaments were won with Cyrax?

My opinion may be biased of course because I went from playing Cyrax to Jacqui, and fighting against Quan is just a big spoonful of NOPE.
@YOMI DJT won EVO with Cyrax. Beat @YOMI REO in a great set.

Broken as all hell, but a great set.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
MKX has no bullshit that compares to MK9 bullshit.
/thread.

it isn't even close.

in MKX, the most full of shit characters/variations all exclusively revolve around the same four words: guess high or low.

at least in MK9, the psychosis you had to endure to combat the top tier weren't almost identical from character to character.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's funny to think that 6-7 months ago, Erron Black probably would've been the one compared to Cyrax. I guess everyone remembered what an actual bullshit command grab metagame was like. :DOGE

Remember that. Cyrax still has losing matchups
You're obviously trying to imply something with this. Come on, don't be shy.