What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Again, Leather Face should be boycotted. Seriously, I can't even comprehend how anyone could think this was a good decision when we already have Jason. Jason vs Leather Face is not even a thing lol, holy shit NRS. I can't see it as being a financial decision since it's not like he would sell any more than any half decent Mortal Kombat character would, so I'm guessing Ed Boon is just a really big fan of TCM, but the fact that he either doesn't care that the game's fanbase would hate this decision, or he's just too dumb to see that they would is just unbelievable.
Don't you read comics? Jason vs Leatherface is a thing

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Technically speaking they have included 5 MK original characters to this KOMBAT PACK 2 the exception being baraka who is sorta merged. So technically people really shouldn't be getting so butt-hurt over leatherface even tho anyone else would have been way better. But Bo rai, sector, cyrax and smoke are still included so stop looking for excuses to be salty about everything.
Technically not. There are 5 MK characters represented but Cyrax, Baraka, Sektor and Robot Smoke are each only a fraction of a full character compared to the rest of the cast. No one is considering Jade and Noob included because of them being merged into Kitana and Johnny.

after sleeping on it, i'm still mildly annoyed yet not surprised. kp1 had two guest characters, so it's really not that much of a stretch that kp2 followed that as well. leatherface can be considered a waste of a character slot and 'ruined the hype' of kp2, but honestly how many people truly use and play ALL of the characters from kp1 frequently?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Technically not. There are 5 MK characters represented but Cyrax, Baraka, Sektor and Robot Smoke are each only a fraction of a full character compared to the rest of the cast. No one is considering Jade and Noob included because of them being merged into Kitana and Johnny.
Erm no not really because the concept of the character has been included as a variation. Most people main 1 variation anyway and you can only play 1 at any 1 time so ye technically 5 mk characters concepts and fighting styles have been included. I wouldn't really want jade as a separate character with 3 variations anyway. As for baraka what did you actually want them to do? have 3 variations 1 with his arm blades and 2 without? just doesn't make any sense

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I don't give a damn about guest characters

Although I'm sure they will sell better than 4 original characters from mk, 4 original characters would have peaked my interest in the game so much

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
well boo hoo, the game sold millions and millions of copies overall, tym has a few thousand members. this is not their demographic for all the unhappy people here.

The game sold millions of copies because there is "Mortal Kombat" on it. This is the basic main reason why this game still selling, along with the gore stuff.
So now lets use your own example aka "their demographic" ; you mean the people who buy this game is the random dude who go to wallmart and pic a game because of the box art and/or the name on it. Basically games like call of duty, tomb raider, fallout4 etc... all the big release who can offer some marketing. And you'll be right.

Now take the KP. There is no big marketing for DLC stuff, basically if you want to know what going on, you have to go to the psn/ xboxlive and search for them. In other word that mean you really want MORE of this game. That is a quick definition of what a FAN is.

DLC demographic target is fan. Not the random dude at wallmart.
And right now the fan are upset because KP2 looks like a scam.

Last edited:

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Leatherface has a terrible design look. Not scary at all. Also him running in the trailer made me laugh. Take him out of the pack, lower the price a little and maybe ill pay for it

TamedLizard

Buff George
It's sunk in a bit now.

BRC is my silver lining, but I'll get the cyborgs too. With two guest characters, might as well be grateful for the 2(4?) we got. I've always liked Sektor, Cyrax, and Smoke anyway but still would have preferred only one of them being a complete character with 3 variations.

I just can't understand why the hell Fujin missed this. And including Leatherface is flat out dumb.

Oh well. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay. Might make change my tune.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
People seem upset about the choices, but that's not my main issue.

I love you NRS, but you suck hard at balancing DLC characters:

This is another thing I am HIGHLY concerned about. But it's nothing new for NRS games to have top tier DLC. I can't really blame them, Capcom struggled with it and so has Arc Sys. SNK Playmore as well had it's DLC among the best in the roster for KOF XIII. They want people to buy the characters one way or another. *shrug*

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yes, it is pretty idiotic. No one is forcing you to purchase anything. If you don't like it, don't play it. The world is not gonna end. I'm not gonna slit my wrists and make a tantrum online because Con-air Nicolas Cage is not in a video game. I could give 2 shits if Reptile is in the game or not, I'll enjoy it anyway because I'm an adult with a normal functioning brain who is entertained when well-designed game mechanics come together. You seem to care too much about the made up stories of pixels in the screen that change colors when you press buttons.
For someone who consider himself an adult with "functional brain" you seem to care a lot about people opinions about the game, especially the negative ones coz otherwise why bother posting to them? Not to mention you seem to have some anger issues, calling almost anybody who thinks (unlike you) that the game is dead to them - stupid. Hardly an adult behavior.

E

Eldriken

People seem upset about the choices, but that's not my main issue.

I love you NRS, but you suck hard at balancing DLC characters:

NRS clearly has no love for serial killers. =( Leatherface will probably be worse than Jason. But watch Bo', Tri-borg and Barakomorph be OP.