What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

KCJ506

Noob
The only one I have no issue with is the Triborg concept. Bo Rai Cho? I never did care for him that much. Considering how disliked he is, I can't believe Boon actually went with him over some other post trilogy characters. Like Fujin. He's been shafted so many times. Only been playable in one game that wasn't Armageddon. With this game's variation system, there were so many cool and interesting things that could have been done with wind. Such wasted potential.

As for the two guests, it's like I said a few days ago in another thread, adding more guests is basically admitting that MK can't stand on it's own without having to resort to other cashing in on other franchises to draw attention.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
bo's projectile will be a rice wine molotov
armoured overhead belly flops for a pop up
i cant wait to see what they do with him !!

"Tri-Borg" is a dumb name, but I like the character in general. Leatherface is fucking stupid. Why are there no female characters in this pack??? Can we at least assume that the Tarkatan Xenomorph is female or transexual?? Ughhhhhhh.
Well Xenomorphs work as a hive mind. Many hive mind insects such as bees and ants have more females than males, with the males existing for the purpose of mating with the queen. The queen releases pheromones that can speed up or even slow down their growth of the hive populace, this is so there are not too many queens all at once.

When a Xenomorph queen or Empress dies, she releases pheromones that speed the growth of the next in line to become queen/empress in some works of fiction.

So if you want you can pretend it's a young queen, but personally I think it's just another drone/worker/farmer/warrior Alien.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Well Xenomorphs work as a hive mind. Many hive mind insects such as bees and ants have more females than males, with the males existing for the purpose of mating with the queen. The queen releases pheromones that can speed up or even slow down their growth of the hive populace, this is so there are not too many queens all at once.

When a Xenomorph queen or Empress dies, she releases pheromones that speed the growth of the next in line to become queen/empress in some works of fiction.

So if you want you can pretend it's a young queen, but personally I think it's just another drone/worker/farmer/warrior Alien.
And I bet they'll give him a farmer skin before giving Jacqui any new skins :p

Gamer68

Fujin!
Street Fighter V is looking more and more enticing
The first 6 DLC characters that will be coming to SFV (of course, more will be announced and added later):
  • Balrog
  • Guile
  • Urien
  • Ibuki
  • Juri
  • Alex
Notice how all of these are fan favorites, and Urien, Juri, and Alex are actually the most requested characters for SFV. So all of these are great choices. You can also earn DLC by playing, and NONE of these a Pre-Order bonuses.

The 9 DLC characters MKX has/will be getting:
  • Goro
  • Jason
  • Tanya
  • Predator
  • Tremor
  • Leatherface
  • Triborg
  • Bo' Rai Cho
  • Xenomorph x Baraka
Notice how 4 of these are guest characters that are in to just promote other franchises and generate hype across the casual fanbase to cash-in. 3 of these are characters people seem to like but weren't begging for (Tanya, Bo' Rai Cho, Triborg). There was only 2 fan favorites/highly requested characters (Tremor, Goro). Goro was also a Pre-Order bonus to try to generate hype and more money. Yeah...

I appreciate NetherRealm Studios for adding in more characters, but they have to REALLY start listing to their fans. I'm sure that they aren't completely in control and that Warner Bros. is probably making a lot of the DLC/Microtransaction decisions, but seriously. They need to start picking characters people actually want to see, they need to start taking online seriously, and they need to cut the Microtransaction and Pre-Order stuff. I'm crossing my fingers that they will fix and learn from their mistakes in Injustice: Gods Among Us 2. If not, then I give up and I'm just moving on to other titles and will take a break from NRS for a while. I'm really tired of buying games with bad online and a crap-ton of DLC. I love Mortal Kombat (been playing all the games since forever), but everyone has their point to stop. Mine is when the devs start making really bad anti-consumer decisions.

Don't get me wrong though, I still be trying out these new DLC characters. If they get a Premier Tower, then I will try them. If I like them, then maybe I will actually buy the Kombat Pack. If I don't like them, then I won't buy them. At the end of the day, we don't HAVE to buy the DLC, but I would still like NRS to pick characters people actually want and cut out any shenanigans with the Microtransactions, Pre-Order bonuses, multiple season passes (which doesn't even include everything in that season), etc. Anyway, if I don't buy the Kombat Pack then I will still probably buy Triborg because I actually really like that character. Other than that, I will just have to wait and see about the other characters.