What's new

Who's everyone maining of the confirmed characters?

Gonna go ahead and not try to front here, I forget Shang Tsung in this poll, but I wasn't trying to forget about him or anything, I swear!

https://www.strawpoll.me/17824114

I'm gonna be honest, I can't usually narrow down mains, but I ended up doing so with Tekken 7 and it ended up working wonders for my fundamentals game, so I'm gonna be trying to lab here and there a little more and actually commit to spending time deliberating on what kind of character fits my playstyle: Kollector, for example. I'm not terrible at setup games, but I'm not great at it either: back in X my caltrop game with Erron Black was so weak I can't even say. But it's a fine line, because I'm also still gonna try real hard to do what I always do and pick a main based on who I like, not who might necessarily be the optimal choice: my dudes Ermac and Reptile are out, so I'm on the hunt right now and I've kind of got it narrowed down a bit to Jax, Cassie or Kitana, but I was wondering since there were some omissions this time around if anyone else had any longtime mains or new characters they're looking forward to trying more of in 11

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Not settled on anyone yet, gonna have to play the game.

Right now, the three I'm most interested in are: Kitana, Erron Black, and Kotal Kahn.
I enjoyed playing Jade in the beta and could probably play her if I don't end up liking anyone else more.
Johnny Cage, Sub Zero, Scorpion (if he's sufficiently changed from beta), Liu Kang, and Noob are a tier below the top 3, the interest is there, just not quite as much currently. Will definitely give them a try.
Frost is a big unknown, I can't count her in or out yet.

The rest are pretty unlikely.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I've already settled on Skarlet from the beta, but I'll also be trying Noob, Erron Black, Kollector, Jacqui, and D'Vorah on day 1.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Jade is my first pick, but Skarlet's ponytail has brought me back in. Gonna give her a better shot. Also interested in Noob, Kitana, Shao Kahn, Kollector, Cetrion, and probably a whole bunch more.

Really hard to tell. Voted Baraka because he's one of my favorite characters and I really haven't played him since deception. But I gotta try Geras, Jax, and Kano and see who fits me best so I can grapple bois like John Cena. Also super hype for Noob and Shao Kahn. Also Raiden and Scorpion look cooler than ever, so I gotta try them. And last also, since I'm a little fighting game hipster bitch I can't play a character that literally EVERYONE plays (not to mention mirrors are super boring) so I gotta find my lil overlooked character niche. Baraka might be that.

Overall I still dunno who I'll end up with. Might try a totally new character I haven't played in past games this go around.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Really hard to tell. Voted Baraka because he's one of my favorite characters and I really haven't played him since deception. But I gotta try Geras, Jax, and Kano and see who fits me best so I can grapple bois like John Cena. Also super hype for Noob and Shao Kahn. Also Raiden and Scorpion look cooler than ever, so I gotta try them. And last also, since I'm a little fighting game hipster bitch I can't play a character that literally EVERYONE plays (not to mention mirrors are super boring) so I gotta find my lil overlooked character niche. Baraka might be that.

Overall I still dunno who I'll end up with. Might try a totally new character I haven't played in past games this go around.
Pick the Kollector! He looks awesome but I don't think a lot of people will be playing him. Or if you want to go super hipster, you can always pick Cetrion or Jacqui - voted the least favorites here, along with Sonya.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
How stoked are you for Shang?
Honestly, NRS has given me everything I wanted. I couldn’t be more stoked for the game in general. I have played it and it felt great, it’s more my pace than mkx was. It looks fantastic and a krypt guided by movie Shang? And Shao Kahn playable day one complete with point and ridicule? It’s already my favorite mk and I can’t see much fucking that up. The worst thing is the tournament builds but I’m not a tourney player. I probably won’t even play ranked until the customs are allowed. So the negatives don’t even apply, I’m stokedAF :D

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Shao Kahn, Kollector, Shang Tsung.

I am also interested in Kotal Kahn but he takes back seat to the ones I listed above, well minus Shang since we have to wait for him to come out first. I also enjoyed Baraka a lot in the beta too.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Shao Kahn, Kollector, Shang Tsung.

I am also interested in Kotal Kahn but he takes back seat to the ones I listed above, well minus Shang since we have to wait for him to come out first. I also enjoyed Baraka a lot in the beta too.
Yeah Baraka was great and Johnny cage looks fun too. Shao Kahn though lol.