What's new

Who would you want to be the ruler of Outworld by the end of MK11?Options inside

Who would you want to be the ruler of Outworld by the end of MK11?

• Kotal Kahn (continuity is what our politicians would say)

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Shao Kahn (again?)

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Daegon, preparing the way for Onaga (Daegon as per Luiz Mictian's new MK comic vision)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kitana (redemption arc and ruling a Edenia-Outworld united realm)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mileena (revenge arc)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Reiko (brought up as Shao Kahn's rightful heir?)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Rain (goes full Demi-god and unites Edenia and Outworld)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • A shokan (Goro, Sheeva etc. Maybe time of the shokans?)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ferra/Torr :D (cause why not? Sometimes you need the simplest mind to do good)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Skarlet (Queen Skarlet sounds nice?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just imagine though... if she became queen, she would have an endless supply of people to draw blood from. I can imagine her as an Elizabeth Bathory kinda queen. :p
She will kill the entire outworld civilization.
She has a strong thrist for blood maybe even worse than vampires.
She also has a bloo flask from vaeternus, which got me thinking, what happened to Nitara.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
My pick goes to Kotal, mostly cause he was my favorite newcomer in MKX. I'd prefer the more stoic warrior Kotal from the comics. I feel like a ruler who doesn't know how to rule but attempts to bring all of outworld together besides it awful history can make for a bit more interesting story threads than powerful guy forcing all realms to be his underlings cause he's powerful. I feel MKX dropped the ball on exploring this further than 1 chapter.

From the list-

Kotal, if only because i'd like them to actually SHOW ME why he's a badass not just tell me and then have him get his ass handed to him by a newbie. He deserves his moment of face wrecking.

Who i actually think will-

Raiden- I'm looking forward to him just completely snapping and becoming the main threat after killing everyone in his way.

mattteo

Noob
Holy moly! I've posted this poll in 3 places: reddit, here on TYM and on gamefaqs. The results are so tight that it's a lot like a savage showdown for who will rule from the Outworld throne!

So far, here on TYM we have:
Shao Kahn with 20%
Kotal Kahn and Mileena both with 16.7%
Rain with 13.3%
Kitana with 10%
Even Reiko with 7.6% would still have chances

But reddit is the place that brought the most voters (about 100 in just a few hours):

https://strawpoll.com/xd288wb6

Kotal Kahn has 16 votes
Kitana has 14
Rain and Skarlet have 12
Mileena has 11
Shao Kahn has 9
Reiko or the shokans have 7 each
Daegon has 5
Ferra/Torr doesn't seem to be taken seriously, has just 2 votes, long way from the others

And on gamefaqs, after about 65 votes:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77417655

Mileena has 17
Shao Kahn has 14
Kotal Kahn has 12
Kitana has 8
Rain, Reiko or a shokan have 4 each
Surprisingly, Skarlet, who has 12 votes on reddit has only 1 vote here.
Daegon also has 1 vote.
Ferra/Torr is not taken seriously it seems again.

Adding all the votes up, it seems like it's a very tight fight between Mileena, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn, Rain, Kitana and even Reiko and Skarlet.

I'd really like to see such a fight and schemeing in the game. They could make MK the next Game of Thrones if they focused on Outworld more.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
In the intro of Deception, when Onaga showed up, Raiden allied with the Deadly Alliance. It didn't last long, but it was super hype! You should definately check it out!
Oh, I remember that! Yeah, but I meant more along the lines of since Raiden is evil in this timeline, he could be part of the new Deadly Alliance as an evil member!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Oh, I remember that! Yeah, but I meant more along the lines of since Raiden is evil in this timeline, he could be part of the new Deadly Alliance as an evil member!
I wouldn't say Raiden is evil, just very ruthless. I see Shang ally himself with Raiden's ideology more than the other way around, as long as he gets something out of it obviously. And I'd say the throne of Outworld is a pretty good reason for someone like Shang! :)

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Shao Kahn, again and forever. Shang Tsung's sorcery, Skarlet's blood magic, Ermac himself, Sindel and a lot more.. just a little pieces of his art... Total badass and son of a bitch..

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I would actually be fine with Kotal Khan, since he seems to care about Outworld a lot and he would probably never think about invading Earthrealm (especially if he gets put in his place by Dark Raiden).

That way you could come up with something new for MK 12, since in MK 11 I do think that a lot of the story will again be about the battle between Earthrealm and Outworld / Netherrealm.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Shao Kahn because the whole habub with time this and time that started when he got rekt.
Apparently him being the ruler is how the balance of the universes adds up.

Kahn absorbs Onaga / Onaga's soul -> becomes 'uber Shao Kahn' -> sets sights on Elder gods...

It's what wet dreams are made of!

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I would really be happy if the Outworld arc is done. It has sort of been dragging on for a long time. Outworld deserves some (overall) piece. Sure there will be political squabbles going on behind the scenes, but having some real stability would be great.

I voted for Kitana "ruling" the realm. For the Edenians to take over. I think that would be best...until someone like Rain starts to fight for the throne.

mattteo

Noob
I would really be happy if the Outworld arc is done. It has sort of been dragging on for a long time.

Whaaat??? That's the only part of Mortal Kombat that feels like Mortal Kombat anymore. If you leave Outworld aside, what do you want to have? More SF drama and Cage family shenanigans?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Whaaat??? That's the only part of Mortal Kombat that feels like Mortal Kombat anymore. If you leave Outworld aside, what do you want to have? More SF drama and Cage family shenanigans?
IDK. MK to me has always been about some over arching threat to the stability of Earthrealm/the universe. That was what Shao Kahn represented; a seemingly unstoppable force bearing down on the heroes. If they can create that again, separate and apart from Outworld and Shao Kahn, I believe that would work. And of course they would still have to have all the characters going through there own trials and tribulations.

IMO Onaga only "worked" because he was connected to both Kahn and Outworld. Going forward, they could make Chaosrealm a threat, or make Orderrealm a threat. Orderrealm, after Armageddon, or whatever happens in MK11, could set make it a real goal to subjugate all realms. They could learn the secret of merging realms in the process, or maybe they are just be eradicating all those who don't fall in line. That could be a huge thing.

They could even create a Vampire threat...though that might be a bit derivative.

Again, IDK. They could go in SO MANY directions, as MK has so much potential .