What's new

Who would you want to be the ruler of Outworld by the end of MK11?Options inside

Who would you want to be the ruler of Outworld by the end of MK11?

• Kotal Kahn (continuity is what our politicians would say)

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Shao Kahn (again?)

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Daegon, preparing the way for Onaga (Daegon as per Luiz Mictian's new MK comic vision)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kitana (redemption arc and ruling a Edenia-Outworld united realm)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mileena (revenge arc)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Reiko (brought up as Shao Kahn's rightful heir?)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Rain (goes full Demi-god and unites Edenia and Outworld)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • A shokan (Goro, Sheeva etc. Maybe time of the shokans?)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ferra/Torr :D (cause why not? Sometimes you need the simplest mind to do good)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Skarlet (Queen Skarlet sounds nice?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mattteo

Noob
With characters coming back from the dead, like Baraka, nothing is impossible. I don't think Baraka or Reptile have the capacity or the followers to rule Outworld, but the above on the list I could actually see as possibilities.

Please comment and say why you made the choice: from the perspective of Earthrealm and a safer world with possibility of a kinder Outworld ruler, (though I think alliances could also be made with someone evil but moderate such as Reiko) OR from the perspective of Outworld and you took into consideration to improve ITS power in the Universe even if it would mean a harsher Emperor.

I for one would really enjoy seeing a story where Outworld is in the hands of a character we haven't seen as ruler before and he/she actually does some great things there and subdues other realms, like Daegon or Reiko or Rain or Skarlet. I would be interested in those possible timelines in which they're Emperors/Queen.

Even Ferra/Torr would be interesting as a compromise chosen ruler like Jon Snow chosen to lead the Night's Watch. What would Outworld look like wih them? We've seen it with Shao Kahn, Mileena and Kotal Kahn.

Lokheit

Noob
You didn't list Shang Tsung and he is a more realistic option than most of the listed ones and isn't there. He managed to usurp the throne before and he's been plotting his return in the shadows.

But overal I have to say Shao Kahn, it just fits to have him as emperor and tyrant of Outworld.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Dark Raiden has nothing to do whatsoever with Outworld, no ties.
Liu Kang and Kitana had no ties to the Netherrealm throne, yet here we are.
I just like the idea of Dark Raiden having lost his right as the protector god of Earthrealm and having been banished due to the corruption in him, maybe even losing his godhood. And he's powerful enough to grab the throne of Outworld for himself, shaping the realm he so despised for millennia into a nation he sees fit. Maybe he wants revenge on the Elder Gods for casting him out, maybe he wants Earthrealm back... maybe pick up where Shao Kahn left off. Would be an ironic turn of events.

mattteo

Noob
I just like the idea of Dark Raiden having lost his right as the protector god of Earthrealm and having been banished due to the corruption in him, maybe even losing his godhood. And he's powerful enough to grab the throne of Outworld for himself, shaping the realm he so despised
Ok, it could work, but it's not a logical option for the poll. It's like saying "Kung Lao"

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It'll probably be Shao Kahn, let's be honest. I just hope (especially if Kotal isn't playable) he actually has some interesting lore along the way to reclaiming the throne and doesn't just steamroll everyone/everything.
I voted Reiko just because I think it would be funny :).
Also, I absolutely hate Kotal Kahn and I think a lot of that has to do with him getting smashed by Kung Jin in mkx.
I mean, Kotal losing to Kung Jin is hardly the first instance of the whole 'supreme ruler loses to fairly ordinary martial artist' arc in any fighting game story lol.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Ok, it could work, but it's not a logical option for the poll. It's like saying "Kung Lao"
Not at all, as Kung Lao has no real beef with Outworld. He just wanted to prove he was just as worthy as Liu Kang, because he's the descendant to the Great Kung Lao.

Raiden, however, has some incentive, especially now more than ever.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd like to see Kotal in some sort of heroic role this time around. He wasn't all that bad in MKX. I just don't want someone stupid like Cassie being the hero and defeating another Elder God. It's absurd.

I wouldn't mind my man Shao Kahn taking back his throne, though. He is THE king of bosses in all fighting games.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Of the given options Kitana, but my pick would be Shang Tsung: he was Shao Khan's second in my command after all, and he's both very powerful and ambitious in the lore.

He's my favorite character though, so I'm bias.

Colares

Noob
Raiden. Dark Raiden. Having killed Kotal Kahn for his transgressions against Earthrealm, but himself being cast out of Earthrealm and replaced by Fujin.
And we can have Shang Tsung as his second in command for a spin on the Deadly Alliance.

mattteo

Noob
And we can have Shang Tsung as his second in command for a spin on the Deadly Alliance.
Raiden's second in command? Or Fujin's?

Cause I think they're moving with Shang Tsung's story in the anti-hero direction and away from the plotting of Outworld.

Alec

Noob
Shang should definitely be in the poll, you thinking that they're going a different direction with him is not a good enough reason to not have him there. It's subjective, the endings are not always canon, and there are people in the poll with way less indication that they are going to go that route as well.

As for the actual poll, I think the answer has to be Shao Kahn. He's not even my favorite character among those, (I would like to see Reiko rule Outworld for example) but I can't imagine Shao Kahn being alive and not being the ruler of Outworld.
I think having him as anything less than a ruler, kind of undermines the character. I could only see him not being so if maybe Onaga was alive... wait, WHERE IS ONAGA?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet needs someone to restrain her, she has a thrist for blood, pretty sure she can't be queen.

Kitana if she managed to turn good, it wouldn't hurt to see her as empress, but it would generate another war.
Only Shao Kahn can make those guys respect him.