What's new

Who would you choose to have as a special appearance in MKX?

Jason Voorhees and Spawn.

Because why not have the better versions of the last two guest characters?

(I chalk this up as Jason winning)

Maasik

Noob
Deathstroke. Here's why:

- Badass.
- Already ninja-esque style that can be tweaked to fit MK.
- Uses swords (or a staff).
- Enhanced strength, agility, reaction times, and thought power to keep up with MK's roster.
- Willing to kill.. in fact he loves the job.
- WB owns him.
- His button 4 is already useless so we might as well map it to more attacks and give him a block button.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Deathstroke.
As long as it's Arkham Origins grade of Deathstroke or something similar.
That said, you guys seem to be really into DC now after IGAU. Coming along, I'd say that someone like Copperhead as was seen in aforementioned AO could maybe be interesting too (bonus point for not being overused and not appearing in IGAU already).

But honestly, I have no bloody idea. I don't even really understand what makes good guest fighter. I would never expect to see Freddy in MK9, yeh he's there, kicking and being awesome.

Or let's take Soul Calibur. Ezio Auditore was looking completely naturally fitting into SC universe, but then there also was Starkiller and Link, of all people.

Guest characters, how do they work?..

No guest.
MK doesn't need them.
too late to rebel. maybe it was just a one time thing in mk9 and injustice but i dont think so. as much as freddy was unnecessary in mk9, i felt like scorpion was put into injustice just to have a (popular) guest character. there were so many dc characters that deserved to be in injustice before scorpion.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Spawn would be great
Spawn has made guest appearances...he's not that cool.

RYU HAYABUSA from Ninja Gaiden is a beyond obvious choice - he's hardcore, kills people all day long with multiple weapons, and has the fucking dragon sword (and could be implemented as the demon-version from NG2...not demon, but the one where he's slowly turning into a monster and turns blue. I forget the name).

EGGXI

Scary Bat
TBH I can't actually think of anyone who would immediately fit as a guest star.
Horror genre stuff is always a pretty good bet I guess. Hopefully no console exclusive stuff like GoW or Infamous or Halo etc.

Like there is no one who immediately springs to mind a being 100% a perfect fit, or needs to be in.
I guess someone from DC wouldn't be terrible, but there are no obvious choices for an MK game.

...Harry Potter!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
K I'm not one of those purist that feels guest characters are stupid. I think they can be fun and can help bring in some unlikely players in to our community.
SO here it goes, I have 4 that I would absolutely love to see even though they will never happen since WB doesn't own the rights to any of them.

Ash : Evil Dead & Army of Darkness
Xenomorph : Aliens
Predator
Jason Vorhees (Not sure WB still has this guy I think I read somewhere a different studio owns the character rights now)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
While I love Jason and think he will be in as DLC with the new movie coming out.

I gotta give my vote to Victor Crowley from Hatchet. He just fits in Mk IMO