What's new

Question Who would be #1 in a tier list for low tier character

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
NW sub is 6-4. that is only because of corner. On rooftop day its a solid 5-5...NW can out turtle Sub. but if he gets cornered its trouble.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Rain would be the best
dude rain is isnt a fish, he's the ocean. i can't believe people say he sucks these days when he has such good tools. i mean ermac is A tier, has no armor and can't combo off HI/LO mixups, he also doesn't have a safe port. rain has ALL this, and can match the mac daddy's damage. theres no way he is less than A tier, the lowest i see him going is high B.

dude rain is isnt a fish, he's the ocean. i can't believe people say he sucks these days when he has such good tools. i mean ermac is A tier, has no armor and can't combo off HI/LO mixups, he also doesn't have a safe port. rain has ALL this, and can match the mac daddy's damage. theres no way he is less than A tier, the lowest i see him going is high B.
Rain has nothing you just mentioned Ermac not having.

Illmatix

dude you serious? he combo's off of over head, his tele is a crap version of raiden, but his ex version is safe and has armor. this dude also has tech similiar to flash parry. how is he low tier? dude goes insane with meterless damage.... idk i just think people downplay him alot.
oh and bubbe drains meter and can act as a standing reset... wtf???? name a dude in the low tier who can blow this guy up in terms of tools.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lets see what Rain has over Ermac shall we?

- Safe 40-50% guess game from a long ranged quick special mid.
- Armour (these 2 things alone make him better).
- Whiff punisher anywhere on the screen.
- Meter drain
- Same damage

All Ermac has over Rain is a string that grants him a safe jump on a guess. But the same scenario for Rain would give him 40-50%.

Anyway, its not always about the number of things you can do, but the effectiveness of what you do have. Rains game is probably the most simple and still one of the most effective in the whole cast.

Even if you read his flash parry it doesnt matter, he's just walking or jumping around with armour anyway. Its a get out of jail card for 1 bar.
Teleport is always brought up in the argument... Why? Thats like looking at Cyrax and saying 'Cyrax sucks cause his teleport is punishable'

It has its time and place.

dude you serious? he combo's off of over head, his tele is a crap version of raiden, but his ex version is safe and has armor. this dude also has tech similiar to flash parry. how is he low tier? dude goes insane with meterless damage.... idk i just think people downplay him alot.
oh and bubbe drains meter and can act as a standing reset... wtf???? name a dude in the low tier who can blow this guy up in terms of tools.
He combos after a overhead that will never hit, "crap" being the important part of his tele, Ex version is not safe, his flash parry is baitable and avoidable.

Illmatix

Lets see what Rain has over Ermac shall we?

- Safe 40-50% guess game from a long ranged quick special mid.
- Armour (these 2 things alone make him better).
- Whiff punisher anywhere on the screen.
- Meter drain
- Same damage

All Ermac has over Rain is a string that grants him a safe jump on a guess. But the same scenario for Rain would give him 40-50%.
yea rain is beast and iv'e never thought he was low tier, he has so many tools.... i saw a vid where a guy used rh into lightning to punish a projectile, i mean.... thats insane! his shenanigans aren't available to alot of people, so maybe they're unaware. but i consider him to be close to ermac on the rier list if not higher. but you can't hate on the power of lift homie... this gives ermac a lot of options.

Illmatix

He combos after a overhead that will never hit, "crap" being the important part of his tele, Ex version is not safe, his flash parry is baitable and avoidable.
ok his over head will never it because it's slow, if i had a dime every time someone said that about u4 id be a millionaire. and his flash is baitable, but all it takes is for him to get inside your head with it and you'll be baiting for nothing the whole match. it's almost like ex cartwheel, and if that aint power, i don't what is.

ok his over head will never it because it's slow, if i had a dime every time someone said that about u4 id be a millionaire. and his flash is baitable, but all it takes is for him to get inside your head with it and you'll be baiting for nothing the whole match. it's almost like ex cartwheel, and if that aint power, i don't what is.
The difference is Ermac's U4 is one move. Your brain has more time to notice what's coming with the B2 preceding it.
And obviously you don't spend time baiting it in neutral space, much the same way as it would be dumb to just bust a bar of meter for a shot-in-the-dark read for it.
It's used to pressure escaping, counterpoking, shit like that.

Illmatix

The difference is Ermac's U4 is one move. Your brain has more time to notice what's coming with the B2 preceding it.
And obviously you don't spend time baiting it in neutral space, much the same way as it would be dumb to just bust a bar of meter for a shot-in-the-dark read for it.
It's used to pressure escaping, counterpoking, shit like that.
you do realize his overhead has a low mixup with that... and him having instant armor on everything sure give him one hell of a knockdown game.
and i think he can roundhouse cancel the last hit of the overhead instead, better yet he could cancel into armor.

you do realize his overhead has a low mixup with that... and him having instant armor on everything sure give him one hell of a knockdown game.
and i think he can roundhouse cancel the last hit of the overhead instead, better yet he could cancel into armor.
It's like Skarlet, I'll eat the low all day. 7-8% compared to 35+ seems a reasonable trade. And actually, it is totally fuzzy-guardable. You can stay low and block it if he does it, and react to the pause before the overhead and block that.