What's new

Who won't return!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You can't have a MK game without

Scorpion
Sub Zero

I hope they bring pretty much everyone back and DON'T add any more MK4+ characters in. I want NEW characters to be introduced

That said, If they do drop people, I wouldn't mind them dropping:

Sindel
Kano
Nightwolf
Kabal
Baraka
Quan Chi
Sheeva
Freddy
Kratos
Kenshi
CSZ

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think they will drop

Ermac
Rain
Skarlet
Sektor
Cyber
Freddy
Stryker
Kano
Wolf
Sheeva
Jade

I think Tanya will definitely be in it, probably Shinnok and Bo aswell

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
It's amazing how people hate on 3d MKs and their characters. Hate it or not, your beloved mainstream pussies/poster boys are dead. MK10 will be all about characters like Shinnok, Havik, Hotaru and other characters from Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. So STFU.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
It's amazing how people hate on 3d MKs and their characters. Hate it or not, your beloved mainstream pussies/poster boys are dead. MK10 will be all about characters like Shinnok, Havik, Hotaru and other characters from Deadly Allinace, Deception and Armageddon. So STFU.
Kang+Raiden+Scorpion+SubZero > Shinnok+Hotaru+Havik+Other characters from deadly alliance. Look at their stories, their history and not to forget that those first mkS (1992-1998) made the franchise what it is today. Deadly Alliance was great, but by that time Tekken was the No1 name in the industry. The new MK went back to its roots and we all saw what happened. Since MK's advantages in comparison to its competitors is violence, fatalities AND STORYlines, don't expect to see it rise again if it loses sth of the above. Competition in the fighting game industry is tough and MK needs its so called poster boys.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Kang+Raiden+Scorpion+SubZero > Shinnok+Hotaru+Havik+Other characters from deadly alliance. Look at their stories, their history and not to forget that those first mkS (1992-1998) made the franchise what it is today. Deadly Alliance was great, but by that time Tekken was the No1 name in the industry. The new MK went back to its roots and we all saw what happened. Since MK's advantages in comparison to its competitors is violence, fatalities AND STORYlines, don't expect to see it rise again if it loses sth of the above. Competition in the fighting game industry is tough and MK needs its so called poster boys.
What a ridiculous pile of BS. Bringing in another franchise, saying A>B, and talking about MK's advantages (OMG, I didn't know having blood and violence is an advantage) doesn't change the fact that MK10 will be the way I mentioned above. Read again, smartass, what I was referring to. Your mixture of random words has nothing to do with what I said. Furthermore, Shinnok, Hotaru, Havik are not from DA. Stay free.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Aside from characters like Drahmin and Havik which I lurrrrrrve, there's too many of the 3d characters that are just generic garbage. I'm betting Sub-Zero will be replaced by Frost since he's supposedly dead. Noob Saibot should come back because I'm a fanboy.

I would like to see some of the more obscure characters return just to see them fleshed out properly, and we could have the characters that were never finished ie Belokk.

PS Chameleon

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I still can see Liu Kang and Sub Zero coming back (even though he's a cyborg now :(), plus you can't rule out fresh new characters, either.

Reactions: RYX

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
What a ridiculous pile of BS. Bringing in another franchise, saying A>B, and talking about MK's advantages (OMG, I didn't know having blood and violence is an advantage) doesn't change the fact that MK10 will be the way I mentioned above. Read again, smartass, what I was referring to. Your mixture of random words has nothing to do with what I said. Furthermore, Shinnok, Hotaru, Havik are not from DA. Stay free.
Nice to see you are not offensive.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Apart from the necessary newcomers (hopefully we won't see any generic mediocre characters like Kobra again), I can see:
Smoke being turned into a robot (the now Sector-led Lin Kuei can collect his body and turn him into a machine),
Cyber SubZero easily coming back,
Liu Kang being (Kabal-like) injured/burnt and
Noob Saibot surviving the "soulnado", maybe transformed into Bi Han so we can get human SubZero once again!
Jade, Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Motaro, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel & Stryker are dead.
MK10 can have an interesting story mode if the keep up the same attitude like MK2011.
Let's hope for a better netcode though...

Johnny Joestar

REMOVE KUHBAWL
Taking both MKG and MK9 storylines into consideration.

Will return:
Sub-Zero (Bi-Han)
Noob Saibot (as Saibot only)
Cyrax
Kung Lao
Sektor
Scorpion
Johnny Cage
Raiden
Reptile
Liu Kang
Mileena
Quan-Chi
Baraka
Kitana
Sonya
Jax
Goro

The rest is gone for good.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It's amazing how people hate on 3d MKs and their characters. Hate it or not, your beloved mainstream pussies/poster boys are dead. MK10 will be all about characters like Shinnok, Havik, Hotaru and other characters from Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. So STFU.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !

Will return:
Sub-Zero (Bi-Han)
Cyrax
Kung Lao
Sektor
Scorpion
Johnny Cage
Raiden
Reptile
Liu Kang
Mileena
Quan-Chi
Baraka
Kitana
Sonya
Jax
Goro

How do you see Jax, Kitana and Kung Lao return? Some of the deceased MK9 characters are favourites of mine but I can't see them returning... Of course NetherRealm studios can always resurrect the whole cast! :p

Fangoria19

Groovy
I honestly don't see 80 % of the cast returning except Raiden, sonya, jc, and most of the bad guys that didnt die. They most likely killed the cast off in the story to make way for a new cast from the 3D games which is cool if they want to reinvent them in a good way, should be interesting.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Will return:
Sub-Zero (Bi-Han)
Cyrax
Kung Lao
Sektor
Scorpion
Johnny Cage
Raiden
Reptile
Liu Kang
Mileena
Quan-Chi
Baraka
Kitana
Sonya
Jax
Goro

how would bi-han and saibot be different when it's the same person?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I hope everyone is back in a more balanced capacity, who wants to play a game where characters that you have played a few hundred or few thousand games with have been ditched. Storyline Schmoryline.

Johnny Joestar

REMOVE KUHBAWL
How do you see Jax, Kitana and Kung Lao return? Some of the deceased MK9 characters are favourites of mine but I can't see them returning... Of course NetherRealm studios can always resurrect the whole cast! :p
No idea. But seeing how the timeline in MK9 went more or less like the previous one, I can bet those characters I listed will be in MK10 in some form.

how would bi-han and saibot be different when it's the same person?
No, they aren't. Saibot is the shadow and Quan-Chi's soulnado hopefully got them separated. This way we can have the best Sub-Zero back!

Justice

Noob
I think Sub Zero will be replaced by Frost and Cyber-Sub will remain as the "official" Sub Zero. In Deadly Alliance, they killed Liu Kang in the intro and he was still playabe in the same game. We can speculate all we want but who's in or out will be a business decision explained by good writing.

I'll boycott MK10 if Lei Mei shows up tho.....

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
i could care less about sheeva, stryker, sindel, jade, skarlet coming back

i would love to have these three studs back though

Shinok
Reiko
Fujin

and maybeee tanya, she was sexy and evil

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think he is right. Noob is Bi Han while Saibot is supposed to be the shadow guy. I think that this was explained somewhere between Deception & Armageddon...
um, in deception, he was noob-smoke.

noob saibot is one person, you can't turn one guy into two.