What's new

Match-up Discussion Who was THE Canadian player of MK9?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
my vote goes to the man i knock over in this gif

but in all seriousness , love my Canadian bros... Jer, Zaf, and Smoke too... all great players... I think Winter Barz might have made the most ca$h though so that might be the difference...

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not really. Madzin was a random and got massive props. PL is literally the least humble person in the planet and he still gets his props. Winterwarz, Jer and Zaf are getting props and they've said nothing. Is WW even alive anymore? Dink hasn't really accomplished anything big but he's saying he's the next best thing since sliced bread. He just said he deserves to be above WW because he beat him somewhere and "outplaced" (which is 100% dependant on your bracket) him at Evo. I beat Cdjr in tournament, does that mean I should be above Cdjr now? How about instead of prop fishing, he actually goes out there and destroys everyone in the game, instead of pooping on people here and pretending to be something he's not?
You do realize how stupid that logic is right?

"Oh you outplaced WinterWarz at Evo? Well that has to do with the bracket". Using that then, anyone anywhere at any tournament... Sorry guys, you only got top 8 because of the bracket. Enjoy your fraud placements.

It was goddamn EVO... the best of the best are there. Get out of here with this bullshit. Go back to your good ol boys club and keep refusing to acknowledge anyone outside of your circle.

That being said,

I would probably give it to @Death for MK9 as especially early on dude was always placing high in every tournament he entered.

Nothing against the rest of the canadian players, they're all great as well.

BS3OOO

Noob

"Oh you outplaced WinterWarz at Evo? Well that has to do with the bracket". Using that then, anyone anywhere at any tournament... Sorry guys, you only got top 8 because of the bracket. Enjoy your fraud placements.

It was goddamn EVO... the best of the best are there. Get out of here with this bullshit. Go back to your good ol boys club and keep refusing to acknowledge anyone outside of your circle.

That being said,

I would probably give it to @Death for MK9 as especially early on dude was always placing high in every tournament he entered.

Nothing against the rest of the canadian players, they're all great as well.
It was stupid of him to mention how he outplaced him at one tourney. It's not like he made top 16 or something. If WW made top 8 consistently, NO a couple of outplacements would not contribute to Dink being the best Canadian player......unless we're discrediting WW and Death for primarily being US players, then I understand.

xSmokex was one of the best players I'd ever seen. I just wished he could've traveled more.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

Yes. I've outplaced a lot of top players at evo and at many other tournaments thanks to the brackets. That doesn't mean I'm better than them. Sorry to burst your bubble. Using the word "outplacing" for anything other than top 8 is stupid.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
It was stupid of him to mention how he outplaced him at one tourney. It's not like he made top 16 or something. If WW made top 8 consistently, NO a couple of outplacements would not contribute to Dink being the best Canadian player......unless we're discrediting WW and Death for primarily being US players, then I understand.

xSmokex was one of the best players I'd ever seen. I just wished he could've traveled more.
Actually I got 17th losing to 16 bit so I was pretty damn close.

Yes. I've outplaced a lot of top players at evo and at many other tournaments thanks to the brackets. That doesn't mean I'm better than them. Sorry to burst your bubble. Using the word "outplacing" for anything other than top 8 is stupid.
You're ignoring the fact that I also beat winter in tournament so that with the outplacing was my argument

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
this is true. i know people are like "placement's all that matters" but some people just get stuck in shitty pools

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You're ignoring the fact that I also beat winter in tournament so that with the outplacing was my argument
But beating someone once doesn't mean you're better than them lol. You're saying his consistent tournament placements mean less than you beating him once. Case and point, I've beaten cdjr, chris g, tom brady, biohazard, mr aquaman, darth arma, etc in tournament. I'd never say that I'm better than any of them in any way shape or form.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
But beating someone once doesn't mean you're better than them lol. You're saying his consistent tournament placements mean less than you beating him once. Case and point, I've beaten cdjr, chris g, tom brady, biohazard, mr aquaman, darth arma, etc in tournament. I'd never say that I'm better than any of them in any way shape or form.
I used both points to make my argument mr cossner. You seem to only be able to focus on one at a time.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I think the biggest question is : why should we care who the best in Canada was for MK9?

You guys are currently ripping your shirts on the internet about who the biggest fish in a metaphorically small pond is in a game that's being picked up solely to tide over people seeking MK goodness until mid-April.

Unless someone is planning to have a true Canadian major for MKX where everyone will go, this is only pixels in the wind.

Last edited: