What's new

Match-up Discussion Who was THE Canadian player of MK9?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Going by tourney results, probably @w1nter warz or @Death ( both were dark trained by the us players =P)
Lets not forget the fact that @Jer has several top 8s and pretty much always made top 16.
@xSMoKEx had that great showing at toryuken getting 2nd. The only thing was that this was pretty much the only tournament that he was relevant in. He didn't really travel. @STB Shujinkydink I am not fully aware of all of your results. Gratz for winning canada cup but these tourneys do not hold all that much weight IMO. This because literally no one traveled to these. INB4 I beat jwong. Who hasn't..... It would be more of a blow up if you didn't win these.
As for myself,I have won a Canadian Road to Evo Major. I have one top 8 appearance in the us. Other then that it was a usual top 16.

Kinda reminds me of the "who put canada on the map" discussion. We should definitely be putting out strengths together rather then dispute with one another.
I agree we should not fight but unite. But devils advocate...winter can't be placed higher than me because I beat him at Canada cup to get into grand finals and I outplaced him at evo. I would say statistically speakingjer and death are in the conversation but I can't remember deaths tourney records except for 7th at FR

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I agree we should not fight but unite. But devils advocate...winter can't be placed higher than me because I beat him at Canada cup to get into grand finals and I outplaced him at evo. I would say statistically speakingjer and death are in the conversation but I can't remember deaths tourney records except for 7th at FR
This has to be a troll.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
This is all I'm gonna say:
There's a reason why you have to request your props.
Not Trying to Defend anyone here, but this whole prop thing is a little ridiculous, its pretty much based on friendship and how popular and humble you are about 60% of the time, all the time. i can easily just come in here and give props to honeybee, his flash was so good, that he was the best Canadian for MK9 too (even though he's never played it). see now honeybee has 1 prop point out of nowhere. LBSH Dink isn't the most liked person on TYM (that award goes to KDZ:DOGE) there is a short list of people who will objectively hand out props vs actually handing out props to their boys. i'm not saying i'm perfect you ask me who the best of anything is and if one of my boys were in the discussion then it would be them, Free. example my boy @rev0lver was hands DOWN the best Lex (but we all know deep down that Fab is light years ahead of revolver) +1 prop point goes to Rev now. anyway i'm the master of prop......fishing so i know this shit alright don't argue with me :mad:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
example my boy @rev0lver was hands DOWN the best Lex (but we all know deep down that Fab is light years ahead of revolver) +1 prop point goes to Rev now. anyway i'm the master of prop......fishing so i know this shit alright don't argue with me :mad:
i dont think people realize how good i am at fishing for props, like i'm even getting props in your post. there was a "who are the top 10 injustice players skillwise" thread and i got in half of those lists when i barely do shit. even that right there would make people want to give me props, because i'm implying i'm not good enough to be a top 10 player and need reinforcement to boost my ego by posting that. i basically chose to stay with a character solely so i can get props because no one else plays him and people think i'm gdlk for beating people with him. i pretended to look emo while playing relaxedstate and complained about the mu so people can give me props for doing okay in it. you can't hold a candle to me in this. good luck with your props in mkx.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Not Trying to Defend anyone here, but this whole prop thing is a little ridiculous, its pretty much based on friendship and how popular and humble you are about 60% of the time, all the time. i can easily just come in here and give props to honeybee, his flash was so good, that he was the best Canadian for MK9 too (even though he's never played it). see now honeybee has 1 prop point out of nowhere. LBSH Dink isn't the most liked person on TYM (that award goes to KDZ:DOGE) there is a short list of people who will objectively hand out props vs actually handing out props to their boys. i'm not saying i'm perfect you ask me who the best of anything is and if one of my boys were in the discussion then it would be them, Free. example my boy @rev0lver was hands DOWN the best Lex (but we all know deep down that Fab is light years ahead of revolver) +1 prop point goes to Rev now. anyway i'm the master of prop......fishing so i know this shit alright don't argue with me :mad:
Not really. Madzin was a random and got massive props. PL is literally the least humble person in the planet and he still gets his props. Winterwarz, Jer and Zaf are getting props and they've said nothing. Is WW even alive anymore? Dink hasn't really accomplished anything big but he's saying he's the next best thing since sliced bread. He just said he deserves to be above WW because he beat him somewhere and "outplaced" (which is 100% dependant on your bracket) him at Evo. I beat Cdjr in tournament, does that mean I should be above Cdjr now? How about instead of prop fishing, he actually goes out there and destroys everyone in the game, instead of pooping on people here and pretending to be something he's not?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Who fuckin cares, stop living in the past. but for the record, anything a canadian does in tourny while living in america does not count. As travelling is half the struggle for us. and i seem to recall america claiming winterwars for there own, and we was like cool, have bieber too guys.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i dont think people realize how good i am at fishing for props, like i'm even getting props in your post. there was a "who are the top 10 injustice players skillwise" thread and i got in half of those lists when i barely do shit. even that right there would make people want to give me props, because i'm implying i'm not good enough to be a top 10 player and need reinforcement to boost my ego by posting that. i basically chose to stay with a character solely so i can get props because no one else plays him and people think i'm gdlk for beating people with him. i pretended to look emo while playing relaxedstate and complained about the mu so people can give me props for doing okay in it. you can't hold a candle to me in this. good luck with your props in mkx.
This is some next level shit, Unfortunately i don't think it would work out for me, i used flash in INJ and Cage in MK9, i could use a character worse than joker and all i would here is "you were definitely carried by flash in INJ brah we have no sympathy for you". plus your part of the skype Illuminati, probably in a skype call ATM tossing props to each other for fun.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If you are going to discredit winterwarz because he moved to new york, then you have to discredit death as he spent the beginning of the game and majority of it in the us as well.
exactly he basically quit when he moved back to canada

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Not really. Madzin was a random and got massive props. PL is literally the least humble person in the planet and he still gets his props. Winterwarz, Jer and Zaf are getting props and they've said nothing. Is WW even alive anymore? Dink hasn't really accomplished anything big but he's saying he's the next best thing since sliced bread. He just said he deserves to be above WW because he beat him somewhere and "outplaced" (which is 100% dependant on your bracket) him at Evo. I beat Cdjr in tournament, does that mean I should be above Cdjr now? How about instead of prop fishing, he actually goes out there and destroys everyone in the game, instead of pooping on people here and pretending to be something he's not?
I'm not pooping on anyone. I'm merely stating facts. I said that in my first post. I have a lot of respect for w1nter. After all he did pop off on jwong for me at toryuken lol.

Your comparison with cdjr is not quite on the same level as discussion as were having. We're talking country wide. Canada's nrs scene is small. Winter and I competed at the same time at the height of the games popularity. I'm basing results off of tournament placings and previous encounters.