What's new

Who plays MKA regularly? Or at all...

I'm playing MKA like every other day and its getting hard to get matched up with people. If any one from this site plays MKA, send me a FR so i can play some talent. I'm not that good but Its boring facing people that do only special moves. I don't like playing little kids b/c they don't know how to play fighting games. They just do one hit moves and its really annoying cause I'm new to this game and keep getting beat by Cyrax's pule blade, or Blazes Roll, or Created Fighters that are unbelievably cheap.
So if you play MKA send * windfrozen * a FR

Yea I Play MKA every now and then. I like my KF he owns! Alot of people say playing as KF are cheap, but thats cause they suck. I'm decent with Ermac and occasionally use Scorpion. I'm not very good, AT ALL, with ne1 else but I would be more than glad to play you( as long as you don't quit like you do in UMK3 :wink: )

RoGE

Noob
TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
Yea I Play MKA every now and then. I like my KF he owns! Alot of people say playing as KF are cheap, but thats cause they suck. I'm decent with Ermac and occasionally use Scorpion. I'm not very good, AT ALL, with ne1 else but I would be more than glad to play you( as long as you don't quit like you do in UMK3 :wink: )
even the best players of MKA have problems with KAK.
it just depends if yours is cheap or not.

Armageddon sucks ass so much, I just went back to Halo 2. But i mite play you, my GT is FierceWAR HAWK. You know, MKA is just so boring now, I mean I just feel like im playing the same thing. Nothing really changed at all. People just abuse KAK so much and the Kreate a Fatality is so bad. thats the worst thing about losing a match, you have to watch THAT garbage... Its just so boring. Man, I wish I had Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur 3... Real fighting games.....

Iori9 said:
TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
even the best players of MKA have problems with KAK.
it just depends if yours is cheap or not.
Mine has scorpions combos with some killer specials. Id say he's pretty cheap, but it's the only thing that keeps me playing MKA. Fujin is a whore and my KAK is the only one I can beat him with. and 80% of the people with good rank use that bitch!

I still do too, occasionally, I'm in it for the same reason as Check, I play it to find out more interesting combos. In that game, there is a lot to do.

When It's $20 I'll pick it up. I rented it and I was awesome with Sektor. There's just something about UMK3 that gets me glued to it though, it just has so much more of a fluid feel than any of the 3D MKs.

I actually play it on PS2 online, not that bad with lag, but sometimes it's stupid to play online. I'd rather just play through the arcade mode or versus friends at my house.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
TheRedPsychosis said:
When It's $20 I'll pick it up.
It's been $20 for months now.

I haven't played MKA since UMK3 was released on the 360. Shock and I were going to have some Leonardo vs Shredder fights and post them, but thanks to UMK3, we never looked back.

I also second Bob Dole in saying that MKD > MKA in the fact that Deception was so much more fun to play even if it is broken as hell. Even though I despised MKD, I played it all the time...you could say it "Konsumed me" like it says on the back of the game sleeve.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had high hopes for MKA, with all the work myself and others did to fix the major problems with MKD. Midway addressed most of them, but failed miserably with the testing.

Even Shaun Himmerick himself said in an online interview that they "literally have people playing and testing the game [MKA] 24/7" Who did they hire? The Door Greeters at Wal-Mart? WTF?!?! :evil:

MKA was disappointing. That basically described how bad it was. I still love Armageddon and it's one of the hits this year for my b-day party. But Mortal Kombat Trilogy is what my best friends prefer.

SABER Linkdude said:
MKA was disappointing. That basically described how bad it was. I still love Armageddon and it's one of the hits this year for my b-day party. But Mortal Kombat Trilogy is what my best friends prefer.
My friends never play me in UMK3.. That's why I love xbox live for giving me some competition. They'd rather play Armageddon, because I don't play it much.

TheRedPsychosis said:
My friends never play me in UMK3.. That's why I love xbox live for giving me some competition. They'd rather play Armageddon, because I don't play it much.
I get that same reaction from my friends when it came down to UMK3 up to Armageddon, the only MK game they feel competitive against me in is MK1 and MK2 because those are the only two they know how to play, and still get owned as much as any other game I play them in.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I enjoy every MK game being the huge fan I am but MKA did have some problems, I can live with it in a lot of ways it's better then MKD, in others (air ac, 33 nonsense) it's just as bad. I do like the parry addition though however, that IMO has helped a lot and unlike MKD MKA isn't all offense it's a lot more defensive then MKD was, you could just crowd your foes all day long online, cornertrap them=match over.

But I play it regularly, not as much as I used to 5-6 days a week but a few like 2 or 3. I have to get my MK fix, whether it's MKA, Mk2, MKT UMK3, MKD whatever. Hell I even enjoy MK4 :)

I play CONSTANTLY.. I just rarely go online.. Ever.

3 reasons.

Annoying people always picking Moloch
Annoying people always picking their Kreated Fighters with 20 infinites
I have no idea how to play ANY of the 3D MKs competitively. I just use the move lists and improvise... As much as I can think of.. I can't break 39% damage unless I get super lucky, use damage zone/danger zone, or something INCREDIBLY cheap with my Kreated Fighter...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah mega lol, I hear ya. You just have to keep an eye out for the good players.

I'm one of them to play if you ever want some good comp, and I NEVER pick KAK or even bosses, although motaro and Kahn are legit to a lot of people I don't even pick them personally.

If you go to MKO, xbox live forums those are the players to watch out for as far as high comp and clean players.

Some of them will abuse the 33, AC shit but I don't even use that...I can win well without that.

Yeah, most people I've noticed have trouble with the adaption if you're an oldschool 2D MK player to the 3D, but some are versatile in both. Like myself a bit I play every MK the best I can, I don't like sticking to just one game and limit myself.

But yeah, if you host turn OFF KAK unlike PS2 you can't block them on there, on xbox you can. You'll be surprised how many morons quit on your after they see you blocked the KAK lol....

Those people suck royally and can't play the game for shit, that's why they rely on infinites, KAK and bosses...

I hate MK:A... Alot. It takes no skill really, just special moves and lucky uppercuts off the edge. Well at least thats how I see it :p