What's new

Question Who isn't tournament viable in tournament competitive play?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
srry for the double post but....i have to ask.....what is his xray reset?! o-0
Combo into u4~mid bomb, b23~xray (i think that's the string). It works on most chars wakeups because the xray will go through, and if they wakeup block, the 3's pushback will push them into the bomb and the xray will hit.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Combo into u4~mid bomb, b23~xray (i think that's the string). It works on most chars wakeups because the xray will go through, and if they wakeup block, the 3's pushback will push them into the bomb and the xray will hit.
It's b24.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The bottom half of the cast.

Just face the fact that you will most likely not be a top player and go out and play for fun. Then who knows, you might take that character places.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ah i've seen that before, thats quamo kun's tech right?

Damn Dat Tournament Viable Lethal Killing Machine tech :REO

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have seen Digimon almost make it to top 8 with Sheeva against people that knew how to fight her. So no one is tournament viable in this game.
Yeah like maybe a year ago LOL.

Guarantee you he could not do that today. If anyone is going to make top 8 with Sheeva it will be GGA Jeremiah

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Every character is viable, until there fundamentally broken or hard losing matches turn up.

I can use CSZ until I run into Kitana, Kabal, Lui Kang & Jax, then I have to change character as there are game breaking fundamental problems in those matches, but you CAN win them, its not impossible.

And that can be said for someone as strong and broken as Kenshi, as he has hard times against Kabal, Noob, Smoke, Freddy, and the player might be forced to switch from the character.

Everyone is viable for a certain extent, Sonya players absolutely have to switch when they land Freddy and Kenshi...the list goes on.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Kano, Sheeva, Jade, Stryker, Baraka, Cyber Sub, Nightwolf, Noob, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Sindel, Quan Chi, Ermac and Rain.
SZ Ermac and Rain are all viable.
Rain doesnt have any matches other than Kenshi where he cant do anything
SZ has been proven time and time again by Brady
Ermac still has strong representation by players like Pboard & Metzos

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
SZ Ermac and Rain are all viable.
Rain doesnt have any matches other than Kenshi where he cant do anything
SZ has been proven time and time again by Brady
Ermac still has strong representation by players like Pboard & Metzos
I feel Sindel might be good enough as well, but when some people claim every character is viable, I get real contrary :p.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jade in her current form is not tournament viable unfortunately. She is a good character, she just struggles so much with the KKKK.

THATS RIGHT, 4K's.

Kenshi, Kabal, Kung Lao, and Kitana.

If you don't run into any of those, she can do ok in a tournament lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't think a character like Noob is going to be viable at the highest level of play. Same goes for Kano and Jade. Too many bad match-ups to do it solo.

But if you're doing it with a team, it becomes a lot more manageable with any character(provided you can cover bad MUs for every character).