What's new

Who is your main and how do I beat you?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
2/3 Kenshis - just duck, why don't people get this yet?

Possesed - Run, just errywhere. Always take his overhead special, it's -1 on hit bruv.

Lasher Takeda - just armor anything I do. Ever. ANYTHING.

Shirai Ryu - pressure him all day forever, luckily no one in this game has a lot of plus frames

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Spec Ops Cassie:
- Tech roll
- React to missiles on block and find your character's options against them
- Take risks - her midscreen damage is piss-poor
- Zone her out
- Play online and pray that she can't hit-confirm and/or convert off of random missiles

IROC

WP IROC
Scorp ninjustu (only), just turtle and zone. Be deffensive, cant open you up with anything more than a grab. Get aggressive, you lose

Main goro
How to win jump around like crazy and be patient after a blocked punchwalk

Secondary liu kang
How to win pressure the hell out of liu dont let him zone or pressure you

omooba

fear the moobs
Although this forum has a strong collection of individual matchups, you have to go digging for the most part. Essentially though I find that in MKX, while some matchups overall help, its mostly knowledge of that character, not the character you pick that wins the match for you.

I've done threads like this before for LoL and as long as people actually take it seriously, it can be a very good compilation of the gameplay methods to beat a character.

Keep in mind that this is subjective. What one person may have trouble with on their main may not be the same for someone else, but that does not mean they are "wrong". This is to cover a variety of skill ranges, from online warrior to offline champion.

Examples:
Stunt Double Johnny - Armored launchers. Whenever you see a move cancelled into mimic on block, use it. You'll either punish me for the raw mimic, or armor reversal through the BF4. Do this a few times and it suddenly becomes much more difficult to re-mimic as Johnny.

Sonya - Learn to backdash out of B14 in the gap between B1 and 4. It goes from being an annoying overhead low, to a free full combo whiff punish every single time. If a Sonya player has to second guess themselves using B14, their pressure will take an enormous hit. Also, if you backdash it, they can't cancel into Grenade/MS.

So TYM, who is your main, and what gives you the most trouble.
jax
use cassie bitch, that is all

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone knew looking for advice, please go to the appropriate noob forum or specific character forum.

A lot of these answers suck and some are just plain wrong.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Sun God: Randomly let go of block in places where you should never let go of block, making my command grab whiff and leaving me at welp -49.

Unbreakable: Well, zone me out or just easily out-contest me in the neutral.

Bone Shaper: Learn to punish hell sparks, stop doing maniac shit like jumping at me or not respecting my 6f d1 and 7f f4.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Examples:
Stunt Double Johnny - Armored launchers. Whenever you see a move cancelled into mimic on block, use it. You'll either punish me for the raw mimic, or armor reversal through the BF4. Do this a few times and it suddenly becomes much more difficult to re-mimic as Johnny.
Not if youHave tech to stop most chars from this :p

To answer your question if you have hast projectiles especial low or mud use them to makeJohnny jump, when Johnny jumps.... Well you know the rest

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Main: Everyone except Kung Lao, Dvorah, Quan Chi
How to beat me: Pick Grandmaster

Quan

Just take me to the corner

Erron

Abuse my gaps , dont let me hit you always buffer armor in 21122 animation and zone me out ( excluding gunslinger)

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
So many of these answers read like this to me, "The best way to beat me is to not lose!" "The best way to not get hit by the pressure is to block it." or "If you attack me when I'm punishable I'll get hit, there's nothing I can do about it."