• Blaze

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Kronika

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Onaga. I mean he didn’t do very much, apart from being a big ass dragon and whatever else hybrid that worked well as a final boss.

D3athStalker

*keeps punching the air while trying to do combos*
Blaze is not really a villain imo, but I think he is the blandest boss in the series, just a bigass lava golem with only a few special abilities that are also bland af (teleport, quake smash and roll, he doesn't even have a projectile attack).

Outside of him, I think Onaga is pretty crappy. He is supposed to be far stronger than Shao Kahn but he got his ass kicked so many times; like getting killed by poison (must be a really strong poison cuz the dude is near immortal), getting his ass beaten by Shujinko despite having all six kamidogu AND Shinnok's amulet and not surviving Armageddon (he captured Shao Kahn and got killed by him?).

The correct answer is Kronika. Wish I could say this on reddit without getting downvoted to oblivion, but I'll say it here... Until we get a downvote button...

MK9 Story was a 10/10, I think we can all agree on this. It was a rollercoaster, no one knew what would happen on their first play, references and fanservice throughout, fantastic flow, you cared about almost everyone, fantastic cliffhanger ending. Great for long time fans and newcomers alike.

MKX I would call an 8/10. Solid. Chapter 1 is everything you wanted coming out of MK9, but it was sort of downhill from there. Not to say it was bad, it's fun to watch from start to finish. I think the writing was fine, but the direction they chose to go in was weaker. By the end, we had plenty of interesting lasting impacts. We saw Johnny all but replace Liu Kang as earthrealm's protector, Scorp and Sub Zero patched things up in a believable way. Most importantly, Raiden's frustration finally got the best of him, character development with roots in MK9. And the Revenants had supposedly gained a semblance of free will, so we were set to see the culmination of Liu Kang's anger at Raiden from MK9, something that has never been properly dealt with.

MK11 is a 1/10, from start to finish, and it is jarring. The writing is clunky and hamfisted all around. We're immediately thrust into more conflict, with an apparent time-skip in between. No one's in character. Most importantly, they never follow the rules of "show don't tell." They tell us Kronika is important, but we never see why. We're told Raiden is an ass, we never see this. The list goes on. Worst of all, they undo threads we've been waiting years to see wrapped up, namely with Dark Raiden and Liu Kang. Hard to characterize Revenants when their motives boil down to "evil because undead voodoo magic." I say these things out of love and disappointment for MK's story.

/rant over
MK9 story was good, great even. But a 10/10 it is not.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Worst? swiper 'No Swiping
JK Blaze, cause he wasn't that good and was a meir Pawn.
Best? Noob Saibot Cause he is the embodiment of PURE EVIL