Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
We're talking only major antagonists/villains. No henchmen pls

Shang Tsung --> MK1 era
Shao Kahn --> MK2/MK3 era
Shinnok and Quan Chi --> MK4 era.
Shang Tsung and Quan Chi --> Deadly Alliance era.
Onaga --> Deception era
Daegon and Blaze --> Armageddon era
Shao Kahn --> MK9 reboot
Shinnok --> MKX era
Kronika --> MK11 era

Who was the most unninspired, disappointing, crappy villain the franchise ever had? Every opinion is valid.

Currently I'm torn between Onaga, Blaze and Kronika. I think Onaga might be the most interesting out of the three, he has potential, but the execution wasn't that great.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Out of everyone thus far IMO Kronika, she really serves no purpose and we get no explanation where she comes from, how she created Shinnok and Cetrion(notice just them and not the other Elder Gods which leaves me to believe their origins are different no doubt) Just didn't like her at all, and she wasn't nearly as powerful as NRS lead on IMO. Boon said she's "higher than the Elder Gods" but I disagree if she were why did she need help from mortals and need a cosmic hourglass? Seems she can only stop time on whim which is impressive but she can't change time on a cosmic, universal level without her hourglass and help from others. Second worst for me would be Blaze, but he had a purpose at least set forth years ago. Onaga is third for me because I liked how he was the true, original ruler of OW and Shao Kahn was his advisor who betrayed him. I just think they somewhat rushed him but I have to blame Midway for that at the time, same for Blaze really. But yeah those would be my three.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
That seems to be frequently brought up when people discuss Kronika. She doesn't have much of a background, and her goals are unclear at best.

It's kind of that TVtrope "Remember the New Guy?", like, they told she had always been there. And in a way I think it makes some things worst, like... the whole drama with Dark Raiden and Zombie Liu Kang in Deception happened because of her.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Shang Tsung, he was only cool in MK1 and MK2.

Kronika is the second best boss (in my opinion).
Certainly, some people dislike his role in Deadly Alliance, and weren't impressed by him in MK9. But he finally managed to kill Liu Kang! lol that was a shocker

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I did like that part with Raiden and LK fighting in like a million timelines lol that part looked sick af. lol yet felt like Kronika contradicted herself, she stepped in when he chopped off Shinnok's head yet she had to know Raiden sooner or later in some timeline would do that going dark. It's like she wanted him and LK to fight, and inevitably him kill LK but Raiden wasn't allowed to touch her baby Shinnok lmao....I kind of hope Raiden becomes Thunder God again or at least SOME sort of God, seems so weird having him just mortal.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I disliked Blaze the most. He was just so generic. Typical cookie cutter villain from the old days.

Kronika is... eh. She lacked a defined goal IMO. In the end it looked like everything she did was out of pure butthurt that someone (Raiden) lived a life she hadn't envisioned for them.

worst villain EVER? obvs Kronika because EVER. time and time again with the SPOILER thing that she makes people do over and over and over again*

LITERALLY THE WORST VILLAIN FOREVER

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Kronika is the best boss ever even if the lack of explanation about her background is the writers’ fault (I accidentally voted for her instead of Blaze fml)

Last edited:

mook

Noob
I can‘t vote for Blaze and Daegon? Blaze was just a fire/lava monster, doesn‘t even have an interesting design or anything to carry him.

Daegon just stinks of generic to me. That‘s an issue I have with a lot of the 3D era characters, but obviously that doesn‘t go for every character from there.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I don't think Blaze should be on there, really. Sure he was the final boss of Armageddon but he almost had no character, no ambition of his own. Was not much of a villain so to speak.