What's new

Who is planning on staying competitive in both IGAU and MKX?

gdf

Noob
If I can spare the money and time to go to a tournament that has both, I'll register for both, even if I can't participate.

E

Eldriken

Sorry Eldriken! Will you be playing both? You may be one of the few exceptions if so. I'll be playing both for sure. At first Ill play more MK just to learn the game but after the initial release I'll split between the two evenly.
I'll be playing both for sure. I'll just be dedicating more time to MKX than Injustice. It's not hard to remain good with Doomsday, so it's not like I'll need to consistently play. =P

When MKX drops I wanna stay competitive in both games. I will focus more time on MKX of course but I would hope that we can have both games live strong in the tourney scene. We see ppl on the Capcom side maintain a high level of play in SF and MvC so I wonder if our community could the same.

Who else is planning on doing the same?
I won't train on IGAU very often, but ill still play people now and again and participate in those tournaments for fun, I'm too good at this game to just straight up drop it. Lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I love Injustice, but let's be serious here....I'm not fucking touching Injustice once MKX comes out. I know it sucks that we can't play two games at once, but it's just the way it is. Everyone stopped playing MK9 when Injustice dropped, so this will be no different.

I love Injustice, but let's be serious here....I'm not fucking touching Injustice once MKX comes out. I know it sucks that we can't play two games at once, but it's just the way it is. Everyone stopped playing MK9 when Injustice dropped, so this will be no different.
Just play it less consistently. There's nothing wrong with taking breaks from MK to get some Igau in.....

Decay

King of the Bill
What chu meen
In mk9 when both players hit each other at the same time, player 1 would always get the hit off clean. Injustice has hit trading, that's why you both get hit if they hit at the same time. It's fair that way and I hope mkx has it. Maybe I'm late to the party and it has been confirmed already. People have hours of hands on experience with the game and I'm sure they would notice it

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
The point is that it doesn't have to be "that way". It's really dumb that this mentality exists in our community. This is the attitude that is holding us back. Imo.
I respect your decision tho.

Decay

King of the Bill
Injustice had a lot more to offer in my opinion and mk9 was broken to me. Injustice continued to get support and the patch helped the game tremendously.. I love injustice and will play both. Look at people in the tournament scene who play injustice, sf, marvel and other games competitively

In mk9 when both players hit each other at the same time, player 1 would always get the hit off clean. Injustice has hit trading, that's why you both get hit if they hit at the same time. It's fair that way and I hope mkx has it. Maybe I'm late to the party and it has been confirmed already. People have hours of hands on experience with the game and I'm sure they would notice it
It's next gen-tech bruh, i'm sure they'll have it. Seems they're taking all the things we liked in IGAU to keep the game flowing fast.

The point is that it doesn't have to be "that way". It's really dumb that this mentality exists in our community. This is the attitude that is holding us back. Imo.
I respect your decision tho.
NRS has the fault, making fighting games every 2 years lol, and believe it or not, here are players when MK VS DC comes out but are less its a shame

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I think IGAU is a great game, and I'll definitely continue to play/contribute to tournament pots after MKX comes out. I don't understand why this community can't play more than 1 game at a time.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
NRS has the fault, making fighting games every 2 years lol, and believe it or not, here are players when MK VS DC comes out but are less its a shame
Ok so if NRS comes out with a game every 2 years that means if they alternate titles that would mean injustice would have a 4 year life until the new installment and the same if we still kept mk9 alive and strong in the tourney scene until MKX comes out. I think supporting a game competetively for 4 years until the newest installment of said game comes out would be awesome for our community.

9_Lives

Noob
Not that I'm uninterested in playing multiple games at the same time, but I just never liked Injustice very much. Not to say it's a bad game, it's awesome. I just never really got into it (or skilled at it, for that matter.) I play KI sort of. I just haven't had the motivation to really practice any games since MK9 died.

Ok so if NRS comes out with a game every 2 years that means if they alternate titles that would mean injustice would have a 4 year life until the new installment and the same if we still kept mk9 alive and strong in the tourney scene until MKX comes out. I think supporting a game competetively for 4 years until the newest installment of said game comes out would be awesome for our community.
yup, i like it more mk9, so injustice would have been released in 2015 lol

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
The point of this thread is to promote playing both games at tournaments. What game you intend to "focus more on," isn't the topic of discussion. Sorry that people are incapable of playing multiple games. It's not like it will matter anyway because most of those people won't be traveling to begin with.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
yup, i like it more mk9, so injustice would have been released in 2015 lol
Nah mang that's not what I'm saying. Between MK games which would be four years. So mk9 came out in 2011 and MKX comes out 2015 = 4 years of playing mk9. IGAU came out 2013 so we would play both MK9 and IGAU until MKX comes out. After it comes out we play IGAU and MKX until igau2 comes out in 2017= 4years of playing IGAU. Then we play IGAU2 and MKX at that time. This way each installment gets atleast 4 years of tourney play.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant. Lol

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
The point of this thread is to promote playing both games at tournaments. What game you intend to "focus more on," isn't the topic of discussion. Sorry that people are incapable of playing multiple games. It's not like it will matter anyway because most of those people won't be traveling to begin with.
^^^^ This!

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
What you are asking for in that post is for people to respond in a yes or no manner while leaning in a bias answer which is towards yes. People will respond to this topic however they please so you're just gonna have to ...

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
What you are asking for in that post is for people to respond in a yes or no manner while leaning in a bias answer which is towards yes. People will respond to this topic however they please so you're just gonna have to ...
He's asking people why it's so hard to play both games. Instead, we find half of the posts spewing the usual injustice hate. If they don't want to, fine ... you don't have to post. We have enough of the useless banter around the forums as it is.