What's new

Who is planning on getting MKXL?

Are you buying MK XL or are you just getting KP2 and skin packs seperately?

• MK XL

• KP2 and All Individual Skin Packs

• Neither

• I can't, I use PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I added a PC option.
Good, I meant to.

I really feel for you PC people. I was very close to getting it on PC (I remember creating a thread a while back asking how many people were going to get the PC version), but ultimately decided to bite the bullet and invest in a PS4. I'm really glad I did. What a fucking disaster.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Its like I told a person at gamestop when I was trying to get TTK DLC, I told them I only need TTK I dont need to buy the whole thing or trade in the disc. b/c I already have both DLC's

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop
I'll be getting it, but only when I buy a PS4. A worry I had was that I'd have to splash 400 on the console, then 110 say for MKX and the KPs. This solves that. The game is for people in my situation or for people who haven't purchased it previously, it's not necessarily another cash grab.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Honestly I would just get MKXL why bother paying for the same content twice.

This is why I never buy the game immediately (same with IGAU) until a complete, remastered edition comes out.
So you haven't bought MKX yet? You borrowing a copy or something'?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I'm 1of 7 PPL who voted being butt hurt over leather face. But hell no I'm not buying the same shit over.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'll be getting it, but only WHEN I buy a PS4. A worry I had was that I'd have to splash 400 on the console, then 110 say for MKX and the KPs. This solves that. The game is for people in my situation or for people who haven't purchased it previously, it's not necessarily another cash grab.
I see you joining the dark side

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
I have the game and got the kp1 and the skins that came with that. I would not re-buy the whole game again. Just will grab the KP2

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Just the new kombat pack. Wasn't going to get it at all, until I found out they were legitimately fixing the online. Sucks not having a local scene
If they fix the netcode the way we are hoping they are, there will be no need for a local scene. Leveling up could be done online, just the way the KI community does.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
no, even if this is the only way to get the good netcode then ill wait for a severe discount and just play other fighters till then.

i cant be Arksys and NRS bitch at the same time.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Idk. I have already spent a lot on this game ( bought both Game stop Limited Edition and The Coarse Edition) BUT at the same time, having all of the content on the disc is really convenient. If something were to happen to my PS4, well I can just pop the disc in and don't have to worry about downloading all the extra crap again, plus if a friend wants me to come over and play the game and he doesn't have it, I can just take the XL over and have all content and ready to go as soon as the game goes in, not limited to the base roster.

I guess the deciding factor is going to be if trophies and krypt carry over or if I have to platinum MKXL and unlock it's entire krypt too lol if it carries over I might buy it and retire my og copy, but if it doesn't I might skip out, I just don't think I have it in me to unlock the entire krypt again and get all the trophies again too lol I just don't feel like it. Same with all the online skins, I don't fee like unlocking them again, and the mobile skins I only got because of a glitch, so ill me missing out on those too unless they are inlcuded.

Espio

Kokomo
I was originally going to until I heard how how the PC people were being treated, which was very off putting to me. It is also basically full game price on the current listing so definitely not. I'll just buy Triborg as I know for a fact I will not be using any of the other DLC characters and as far as I know, Goro has been excluded from costumes so just another reason not to care. Maybe I'll get it when it's bargain bin prices (20 bucks or less).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I have a funny feeling that kombat pack 2 will be $40 AU with all the extra skin packs running at $7 each. Hence I'll probably be paying ~$65 for all that when I might as well just buy MKX XL for $80.

No confirmation on enhanced net code being available on original MKX makes me just think I'll buy XL anyways.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I have the game and got the kp1 and the skins that came with that. I would not re-buy the whole game again. Just will grab the KP2
I got the limited edition on sale that included KP1 and extra skins for $50 during Black Friday. I'd only need KP2 to complete my set, but because I'm OCD I'd probably order XL (during a sale) because I always have a need to have two copies of something even if it's a minor upgrade lol. Plus, having all content on one disc in case my data gets erased somehow would be nice. Having to unlock the crypt again would be a major pita.

I just don't see this as a complete edition though if they're having you pre-order just to get extra skins? Maybe more is coming in the future if they're gonna compete with SF5. I'm gonna wait for now.

no, even if this is the only way to get the good netcode then ill wait for a severe discount and just play other fighters till then.

i cant be Arksys and NRS bitch at the same time.
I'm not understanding why folks are thinking that the only way they're gonna get good netcode is to buy KP2 or some sort of addon package. The code is built into the game and everyone will be getting an updated file that contains balance changes / patches and new characters. To use those new characters you'd need a license, but for netcode? Doesn't make much sense you'd need a license for that. It will be part of the updated game file that is required to run the game.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Have yet to buy or play the game for reasons such as this. So MKXL for sure, though I am going to continue to hold out until the Komplete Edition is posted.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I have an ask page that addresses that question. I don't have the game but I keep up with current events.
You certainly do sir, I see you everywhere on here, figured you were an avid player , lol at least your patience will have payed off. All DLC free for the price of the main game, and no NetCode issues.