What's new

Who is Hanzo Hasashi?

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
apparently Takada is Hanzo in this timeline and will introduce the Ryu into the series. If I find where I read the leak from again I’ll post it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
apparently Takada is Hanzo in this timeline and will introduce the Ryu into the series. If I find where I read the leak from again I’ll post it.
What lol really? So I'm assuming then he'll be in the story, which could be why the original leak had the DLC MK characters as base? Guessing here.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
What lol really? So I'm assuming then he'll be in the story, which could be why the original leak had the DLC MK characters as base? Guessing here.
Yea I thought it was crazy when I first read it but being as Scorps n Sub are literally brothers, it doesn’t sound too far fetched. I’m assuming he’ll just set up the whole Clan rivalry for the next game tbh.

I think WB’s official DLC memo had him listed as Takeda Takahashi so I don’t think he’ll be Honzo.
In Ed Boons threads Q and A he was asked who his favorite characters revamped story was. He said “this new character hasn’t been revealed yet” - since it’s well known that scorpion is his favorite im assuming it’ll be a completely new “version” of scorpion/Hanzo or completely revamped character (ex, maybe Hanzo becomes Noob?).
Or… if the entire roster has been leaked minus 2 slots, maybe one of those is a new character that is hanzo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hanzo won't be in MK1.

You heard it here first. If I'm wrong...I'll main Scorpion for a week.
I dunno, I kinda buy it. I think it would be weird to just erase the actual Hanzo forever without acknowledging that he was there, so I think somehow he'll be in the story at some point.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Best candidates are imo and considering leaks:

1. Takeda

2. Bi Han and Kuai Liang's father. It's implied that Bi Han killed their father (just like he kills old Hanzo - and old conflicts seem to be repeating themselves) and will somehow return, also what will cause Kuai Liang and Bi Han's falling out and potentially the founding of the Shirai Ryu.

3. Hanzo is just Hanzo, a human ninja living with his family.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I think Takeda was confirmed as being Takahashi Takeda in the official kombat pack texts, so he isn't Hanzo. My bet is either he's missing, becomes Havik, or is Bi-han's late father

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It would be kind of a shame for him to be completely gone. The story mode is dumb, but Scorpion actually has a pretty good arc. Kuai Liang, Johnny, and Raiden aren't too bad either. But we really go full circle with Hanzo, with him killing his enemy Bi Han and getting no relief, befriending Kuai Liang and making up for past mistakes, experiencing a type of father-son bond once again with Takeda, killing Quan Chi and avenging his family, up until where he dies in past Scorpion's arms, but had changed on such a profound level that even revenant Scorpion was willing to turn it around and follow his older self's example on the spot. I think Noob Saibot should have killed old Scorpion though to show that Hanzo has become a better man and Bi Han has learned nothing, but somebody definitely loves D'Vorah. They definitely give Scorpion's arc more effort than a lot of others and Hanzo is special to them, so there's no way he doesn't show at all imo.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Kameo Scorpion is 100% Hanzo Hasashi, I dont think he will appear as someone else or be playable outside of being an assist tho.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Hanzo won't be in MK1.

You heard it here first. If I'm wrong...I'll main Scorpion for a week.
Ugh. don't be maining Scorpion either way. I get how him, Sub, and Liu Kang are the most over played online characters aside from whoever gets the broken treatment. If I had a dollar for every scorpion i played online i would be so rich.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ugh. don't be maining Scorpion either way. I get how him, Sub, and Liu Kang are the most over played online characters aside from whoever gets the broken treatment. If I had a dollar for every scorpion i played online i would be so rich.
It sucks that Scorpion is so overplayed because in X and 11 he was a lot of fun to play, had a less degenerate game plan than like 90% of the roster, but immediately gets laughed off by people sick of fighting him. Understandably. But whenever I’d fight a legitimately good Scorpion with a good connection it always felt tense and fun.

My wild guess is that Hanzo Hasashi in this new timeline will end up being Noob Saibot, or maybe even Havik. NRS have put too much into the character for him to just not be around, so I'm sure he'll show up in some way.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
That leak was super fake. Takeda is not a title, is a name. The first Takeda was the original founder of the Shirai Ryu, the second one is Takahashi Takeda, son of Takahashi Kenshi, and an official announcement confirmed that the DLC character was indeed Takahashi Takeda.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Them being played the most has more to do with their popularity than anything else. But, also their ease of use compared to their effectiveness. Most people are awful at MK games and can lose to any given random Scorpion they run into. Which is weird, you’d think that if you’re constantly facing a certain character or characters, you’d be far better in the matchup. But my guess is that most of these players don’t actually go into training mode and try to learn the MU, and certainly don’t try and grind the MU out. But rather once they match up with said character, they just go through the motions and then blame it on the character if they lose.

¯\(ツ)

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I don't have any evidence for this, but i always thought that they were inspired by MK Conquest Takeda (who was Scorpion there) while coming up with Takeda of the MKX's fame. Always felt too convenient to be a coincidence. Wouldn't that be a riot, if 25 years later this becomes an official canon ?