What's new

Who has used their main character since day one of MK9?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Started with Smoke. Retired with Smoke. Never learned another character....except dat pocket Kenshi and Freddy. <3

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Kitana main from day 1 and Sindel as my secondary from about the third month onward. I originally was only interested in Jade but she felt "heavy and clunky" so I just stuck with Kitana. I can remember when I first joined TYM and people were doing Kit's 50% meter less mid screen bnb and I thought to myself "OH HELL NAW...no way I'll ever be able to do this shit". LMAO

Two-One

TIFE
Since this is the only real MK I've got into, I didn't have a main or favorite from prior games. Day 1 I started with Kung Lao, and that probably lasted a week or so. Switched to Quan Chi and still main him to this day.

Fangoria19

Groovy
I dont want to admit this but Kano amongst others....had to hold my vomit on that one, loyalty is a bitch sometimes.

Justice

Noob
I have mained Sonya since day 1. Thought about switching to Skarlet when I found I could do more damage and get better results with her but decided to stick with Soya instead of messing around with the cast. Recently thought about Freddy as an alt to cover some of Sonya's bad matchups but once again, I want to get better with Sonya than distract myself (and risk losing performance level) with Sonya.

Been a Kitana Main since Day 1 and a Mileena user since day 1 of the demo.

I was about to drop Kitana one time after I lost my first mirror back in my true online warrior days, but I sucked it up and got better.

She's royalty. I have no choice but to be loyal.
Oh shut up youre a disgrace switching to sonya at NEC

I still <3 you ;____;

Error

DF2+R2
Ermac main since UMK3. Although I often cheat on him with everyone in the cast, but I don't love them, I love Ermac.

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker main since he was confirmed and shown in the demo trailer lol. He was also my main in MK3/UMK3.

I remember playing my first match when I got home from college with my brother, Stryker versus Noob Saibot ( I won that first match lol).

I laughed and absolutely loved Stryker's attitude, his redesign/specials and haven't looked back since, very happy to still be maining him :).

I've had moments where I thought about dropping him, but winning is the most rewarding with him and he's my favorite character that I have the most fun with while playing overall :D.

Jade was an odd case, I played her since April 2011...but she was kind of an on again, off again character. I didn't have the footsies or spacing to play her at the time and kind of blamed her, but I finally started to get her after the original eight month period.

She's a blast and a very rewarding, fun charcter and I'm happy I got over myself and made her a co-main haha.