What's new

Who has the best Jump in Punch/es (JIP) in the game currently?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
In the last patch of the game anti-airs were buffed by giving them a bit more priority over aerial attacks; however some characters still have absurdly difficult to anti-air jump ins, who do you think has the best?

Whether it be a character who can cancel their JIP/JIK into a special move that keeps them safe/leads to full combo, or a character who has a wonky as fk hitbox that just seems to hit you everytime you try to AA them, let me know your thoughts, but let's keep it to JIP not kicks.

I play Mileena so I am aware of her godlike JIP1, other honorable mentions though are Alien, Sub-Zero, Kotal, Sonya, Bo Rai' Cho, Kung Lao.

However I think that Kitana's JIP1 is easily top 3 in the game;

LOOK AT THAT SHIT?! It's hitting the air he is breathing?

Anyways let me know your thoughts!

Wigy

There it is...
Seems like people haven't met triborgs jp2 yet.

I think mileena still is no1.
That triborg jip was doing my head in.

Mileenas hits everything including behind her.

Think the best for me is kung jins. Totally broken.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Im just gonna list all the jump moves I hate trying to deal with, jumps and kicks alike.
Kung Jin's staff jump ins
Sub's J1 on crossup virtually can't be stopped
Sub J3
Scorpion J3
Kotal J1
Sonya J1
Ermac J1
Mileena J1
Kitana J1 and J2
Alien J2
Takeda(Lasher) jumping slash moves
All the NJPs with phantom hitboxes, Quan being the biggest offender.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I'd go as far as saying EVERY character has a stupid jump attack. Practically every character has a jik that literally cannot be AA on reaction. Even with D2s jik are really hard to AA. NJPs can have absurd hitboxes that hit behind or they can have disjointed hitboxes like Takeda and Kung Jin. As far as jip go

Sub ji1
Ermac ji2
Shinnok ji1
Sonya ji1
Kotal ji1
Mileena ji1
Kitana ji2
Dvorah ji1
Triborg ji2
Kung jin ji1 and 2

I literally can't AA any of these. Essentially running under them is the best option for these. All of them are stupid and dumb... Fuck em

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The hitbox on the Balanced J1 is good but it hardly jails into anything, while characters like Sub-Zero are harder to anti-air and jail a 50/50

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The hitbox on the Balanced J1 is good but it hardly jails into anything, while characters like Sub-Zero are harder to anti-air and jail a 50/50
Balanced jump back 1 is probably one of the best in the game as a defensive tool. Jumping back and whiff punishing uber advancing strings with a full combo off of the jump back 1 feels good.

As a jump in or crossup it is not that great for the reason you mention, though.

So we're just gonna forget both of Slasher's jump in punches?
Agree, breh, super good jumpins.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Just so there isn't any confusion or misunderstanding :

JiKs beats S1s

D2s beats JiKs & JiPs

Not saying this is true for all chars, but this is universal rule. . . for the most part.

Also this derive from the MK9 days, same rules applied.