What's new

Question - Unbreakable Who else play Unbreakable? (Steam)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main

Hey guys, so Im kinda a little bit disappointed that besides myself and @Braindead I haven't seen a single Unbreakable suby from all the time spent in online on Steam... What the hell? Do people really ignore him that much? Because all I see are never ending Grandmasters and Cryos all over the place...

That being said I would like those who play on PC to post their Steam IDs so that we could get in touch and play together, share different strategies and maybe improve from each other, learn something new while playing. And Im not talking just about mirror matches, it can be one guy playing Unbreakable and other using different char - and visa versa.

Feel free to leave your Steam profile IDs below. You can add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sharpyu/

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I started using unbreakable yesterday on ps4 after watching Braindead vs Taco on YT. Loving the trait thingy although I wonder why the fuck did they take away his db1.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I started using unbreakable yesterday on ps4 after watching Braindead vs Taco on YT. Loving the trait thingy although I wonder why the fuck did they take away his db1.
I think his defence would be too strong if he still had it.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I'm super interested in learning some Unbreakable just to be different from other Subs, especially since he's my secondary char anyways. Anybody down for some PS4 play?? Add me let's do it: SNCK916

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Unbreakable is my favorite but everyone just jumps against him because he can't parry jump ins. :/

Odoyle

Drops combos
Unbreakable is my favorite but everyone just jumps against him because he can't parry jump ins. :/
This is my thought. He has no ice clone or ex ice burst to anti air. D2 is 11 frames. What's Unbreakable's most reliable anti air? I think he'd be good in a few matchups but it seems like a big hole.

Braindead

Yeah he has a problem with anti-airing close jump ins. I still think he can bypass that by dashing either backward or forward but I'm having too much fun playing Shinnok at the moment and I don't play Subby as much as I used to.

Braindead

OK I just tested his AA options for close jump ins, and forward dash doesn't work at all because the dash has a huge start up and it is impossible to forward dash under the jump. Backdash also has a slight start up so it might be a little risky if your reactions aren't fast.

However, I just found that d4 is extremely good. I'm talking Smoke's d3 good. It lowers the hitbox so much you'll never get hit. Depending on the timing it will either whiff or actually hit them before they can block after their jump in attack whiffs.

However don't forget that they can do an empty jump and if they block the d4 you'll be at -5 I think.

Anyway I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I'm going to start using it in matches and see the results.

D2 is of course completely useless. For some reason the Sub-Zero's hitbox rises before the move comes out so you will get stuffed for days if you try it.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Ah shyt. Kina suxx that the parry doesn't work on jump ins. I'll have to try to remember to use this D4 tactic