What's new

Question Who Do You Wish You'd Mained?

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I never regretting having Reptile and Kenshi as my mains (with about the entire cast as a secondary), but there were a few characters I went half-assed in the lab with who I really enjoyed playing thoroughly (and wished I had put more of a committment into learning):

Shang
Skarlett
Baraka
Kano (no really)

I wish I played some Stryker and Skarlet. I wish I was better with the original cast too, like Raiden, Sub, Scorp, Cage, etc. I still have a good local scene for MK though, so I guess it's never too late :)

I don't wish I mained anyone else.
That being said, after playing him for the last 4-5 months, I could totally see Reptile having been my main if I had picked him up early on.

Kung Lao.

At the release of MK9 KL's spin was way too strong and my sparring partner at the time was a jumpy happy grasshopper. At the time I had this thought in the back of my head I told myself this must be boring for him if I take away his only way to start offense, which was jumping, so I decided to not play Kung Lao.

Near the end of MK9 I put more time into KL and I have this vivid memory of blowing up so many jumps it's not even funny. I still laugh about it sometimes and I always wondered how different my experience with MK9 would have been had I chosen KL as a main.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I stopped playing before all the DLC was out after watching a tournament there was this guy doing the sickest stuff with Rain and if I kept playing I definitely would have used him.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I wish I mained Reptile, but I couldn't do the 3 2 1~dash NJP combo consistently :(.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Though it was unfortunate that Inj dropped when I started getting into Skarlet. She just felt so right. Kind of like the way I feel about Zod now except Zod is as clunky if not worse than Reptile. All I ever wanted was a smooth character :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I didn't start taking the game seriously until it was already dead, but if I played the game seriously earlier. I probably would've been a Smoke main.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Rain and smoke, I tried so hard with those characters, putting some time in practice mode, and watching tutorial,
but eventually I gave up and continue the path with sub-zero,

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I used to main Smoke. Then I switched over to Sonya.

Often do I miss the days when I was primarily a Smoke player...I lost faith in him quickly after I lost at EVO 2011, only to discover months later that he's very high up the tier list. I missed out on so much salt I could've caused, so much defensive play I could've enjoyed with the character. :(

I mean, I played a looooooot of characters back then, but obviously they'd never be as good as my main was.

ryublaze

Noob
I kinda wanted to learn Reptile cuz he's the closest to a dinosaur in this game and dinosaurs are kewl :cool: . but I knew that if I used him online people would always blame lag and not be able to punish elbow dash. After a year or two of playing MK9 though, I started to just let my opponent punish me and not hold the block button after a block teleport for example because I know that if it were offline it would be punished every time.

Smoke also looked kewl and fun to play but I couldn't get used to his inputs for some reason. That and I'm also too lazy to go back and learn him.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
For me it would have to be Liu Kang and Shang Tsung try them out in early days of MK9,but unforunately I didn't know the combo system or the game's Mechanic so I would get me ass kick online.......them was dark days

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I kinda wanted to learn Reptile cuz he's the closest to a dinosaur in this game and dinosaurs are kewl :cool: . but I knew that if I used him online people would always blame lag and not be able to punish elbow dash. After a year or two of playing MK9 though, I started to just let my opponent punish me and not hold the block button after a block teleport for example because I know that if it were offline it would be punished every time.

Smoke also looked kewl and fun to play but I couldn't get used to his inputs for some reason. That and I'm also too lazy to go back and learn him.

You're kewl. :cool: