What's new

Question Who Do You Wish You'd Mained?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I imagine a whole lot of you Kombatants out there had that one or two characters in the collective you at some point or another wish you'd put in your rotation and raised to the top of the tower. Someone you either never got around to learning, or you weren't quite sharp enough with to fully devote yourself to, or you simply didnt want to lose any ground on the characters you were already trying to master.

I have two.
A lady and a fella.
Kitana and Kabal.
Both I put a lot on time into, and one I was a lot better with than the other.

I loved playing Kitana, I still do. Watching Mr. Mileena and getting the floor wiped with my face by him when I used to have a lot of online time started our relationship, and learning how to iAFan and pull off CD Sr. max damage combos, just building up my MK2 princess brought me back to my reeeally young days when she was all I played in said MK2. She was the most fun I could have without feeling like a reset whore.

And Kabal will always haunt me like a ghost. Watching guys like R.E.O. and the lot go to work with him was like watching a favorite band or artist go to work right in front of me, and learning the MU was one of the most frustrating and satisfying things ever in fighters for me. I wanted so very damn bad to get him down and join the Master Race, but no matter how I tried, I just could not execute to the degree one needs to be a truly adept Kaballer. And I'm pissed.

So how about you?

Kim0z

Noob
Freddy and Kenshi, there were lots of times in which i went to the lap with them and practiced using them, but when i go online i get my ass kicked. So i go back again to Reptile and Subzero :)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I main all the characters / Use them as secondaries that I've always wanted to.
Reptile.
Sub Zero.
Smoke.
Kenshi.

All so much fun to use, I played alot of the cast but these were my jam.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I main all the characters / Use them as secondaries that I've always wanted to.
Reptile.
Sub Zero.
Smoke.
Kenshi.

All so much fun to use, I played alot of the cast but these were my jam.

I played everyone too :D. Cyrax and Bi-Han were my Heisenberg and Jesse, but I went through them all.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I played everyone too :D. Cyrax and Bi-Han were my Heisenberg and Jesse, but I went through them all.
That's probably one thing I miss most about MK I legit enjoyed every character, where as injustice I enjoy maybe less than half the cast.

*Oh I left out liu kang, He was my second to Reptile. XD so many fun characters.

Cyrax was great I had a period of playing him but never made much of it.

I didn't start playing/competitively until four or so months ago. I didn't really know much about the FGC until then. Hell, I'm still learning. But to answer your question, I guess I already main my favorite characters. It's one of the most satisfying things ever to pull off one of Smoke's resets and Ermac was the only character I figured out combos for all by myself. Johnny Cage is the one I've the most time into, though. I used to play as no-one but him before I started playing online.

Louisiana Shark

Louie Shark
Baraka and one of the females. I started playing with Baraka for a month, and I just stopped playing MK for a while when Injustice came out.

ZEROX

Noob
Honestly, Sindel with her EX-Scream cancel I feel is unexplored like hell, so that would of been cool
Raiden, I've seen him used a million times, I've watched videos of bwizz,, PL, gamerblake, Etc.. using him, but he felt different from the rest of the cast so I stuck with my mains.. Reptile, Ermac, and Shang

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Awww...I remember the good ol' MK days when Boxy would announce a new main almost every week. :)

For me it'd be Skarlet. I liked her story but I hate her sound and her look. Plus she has a hella huge learning curve.

Believe me, my friend, I miss them too. Other than my recent rebirth with Ares, my roster's been pretty much unchanged for months. I miss being a whore :(. lol.
And I feel the same about Skarlet...and I reeeally wanted to play her, before I even picked up Kitty or, later on, Jade.
But between the NYAAAAH and always having to keep a frantic pace to make the most of her, she was too hard-wired for my liking. I was always the slow, methodical type, hence maining who I mained and always waiting for the right Clone or Net.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Freddy and Kenshi because I wish I could have been a cheap spamming hacker like all my hate mail says :(

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I actually hate Johnny Cage, who I have pretty much mained since the last patch for mk9. However, I won with him, and the salt the character generates is amusing enough for me. Even 2 years later, my sparring partners still get pissed about him. But I wish I had truly mained reptile, but I was never quite good enough to justify the switch.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I actually hate Johnny Cage, who I have pretty much mained since the last patch for mk9. However, I won with him, and the salt the character generates is amusing enough for me. Even 2 years later, my sparring partners still get pissed about him. But I wish I had truly mained reptile, but I was never quite good enough to justify the switch.

Thats why I couldnt devote myself to Kenshi.
I played him a LOT compared to most of my side characters, even more than Cage even though he was my tertiary for like a year, but I just could not learn to love him.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Shang Tsung. Visually I just thought his combos were the most stunning in the game. I did pick him up towards the time I dropped MK(about two weeks after IGAU, netcode took a shit after IGAU came for some reason). Still, he was that guy that I was like, damn, should've played him a looonnnggg time ago. Gonna throw MK9 in soon and see if there actually is a decent crowd playing and if the online play is still day 1ish like it was several months back.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Shang Tsung. Visually I just though his combos were the most stunning in the game. I did pick him up towards the time I dropped MK(about two weeks after IGAU, netcode took a shit after IGAU came for some reason). Still, he was that guy that I was like, damn, should've played him a looonnnggg time ago. Gonna throw MK9 in soon and see if there actually is a decent crowd playing and if the online play is still day 1ish like it was several months back.

He's absolutely in my Top 5 "Goddamn, I Wish I Could Play This Character well" list.

1. Kabal.
2. Kitana.
3. Rain.
4. Shang Tsung.
5. Sonya Blade.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I suppose...if I could turn back the clocks...

I'd have learned Kenshi and Reptile. Kenshi was my favorite character of the MK3d era. In DA all I played was Kenshi because his look was great, his sword was cool and he had wicked spirit attacks. The same is true for Deception as well. Although in Deception, I used him and Mileena.

Reptile had been my favorite ninja since MKII. Back then, I had used him and Mileena.

So yeah, I would have invested hella time into those two.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am pretty good with Sonya but I picked her up way too late. I wish I played her the entire length of the game along with Smoke and Cage. As for a character that I never played that I would have liked to pick up. Probably Cyrax.