What's new

Who Do You Think Is Top 5 In EO Beta?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Is there a reason we are having pointless threads like this? the beta is NOT for balance changes and is for testing the netcode. yes, we are also getting some of the new balance updates here and there but as they have said THINGS WIILL BE CHANGING. things are being removed still and new things are still being added. Are we really trying to come up with a tier list for an unfinished beta that is NOT an accurate depiction of the balance updates? also it doesnt include any DLC.

Your opinion of balance in the beta is irrelevant.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah its frustrating that people think that that is a given for damage every round. And yeah its barely any more damage than they had before from just ending in EX command grab. Like it probably happens as often as Blood god getting a damage totem combo in the corner... either way the whole Ferra Torr nerf train is in full swing as you can see. I think the EX tosses are unneeded for Ruthless more because of their utility than the ability to extend the combos and I bet they will end up being Vicious only March 1st. Although the new thing now is hating on the shit they had since day 1 lol. Its in NRS's hands now though so Im just gonna let it be at this point, itll all work itself out
I can't even tell you how many people that I've fought have said "wait, is that overhead ferra throw plus?" since the patch came out. Like holy crap, why does nobody ever learn matchups???

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can't even tell you how many people that I've fought have said "wait, is that overhead ferra throw plus?" since the patch came out. Like holy crap, why does nobody ever learn matchups???
Prophecy. I'm already gearing up for my eventual top tier that no one looks into in Injustice 2 :p

JDM

Noob
I mean this as a sincere question.

What is stopping Ronin Takada from being Top 5 or Takada in general for that matter?

Like Roning B11 does almost the same as Mileenas B12 plus Ronning has a 3 part of that string that launches and is only -5
Because Takeda gets bullied hard and there are better characters up close than Ronin.

Hello everyone, all I have been hearing since Mileena came out on the beta is how good she has become after receiving the following buffs:
- 6 frame D+1
- 8 frame D+3
- Low Sai more advantage on hit
- Better recovery on instant air sais

Some top players even claim that she is the best in the game or at the very least in the top 3. Can someone please elaborate on this as I have no idea how the above changes have actually lead to this conclusion. Thanks!

Edit after EMPEROR_SunFire listed this, the additional buffs are:
- Better recovery on ground sais
-Regular sai is -8 on block down from -11
-EX sais are -2 on block down from -7
-low sai is +7 on hit up from +2 and -17 on block down from -21
-high pounce now has more range in Ravenous
-low pounce is faster and has faster recovery

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Hello everyone, all I have been hearing since Mileena came out on the beta is how good she has become after receiving the following buffs:
- 6 frame D+1
- 8 frame D+3
- Low Sai more advantage on hit
- Better recovery on instant air sais

Some top players even claim that she is the best in the game or at the very least in the top 3. Can someone please elaborate on this as I have no idea how the above changes have actually lead to this conclusion. Thanks!
I think it's not about if those changes are problematic by themselves, but about how they fit in the set of tools she already had before these buffs.
Imo, since september she was fine (maybe needed the better d1 just to escape without having to roll, and that's it), and this is a case of unnecessary buffs.

But Mileena mains will explain you better.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
OMG. I will just post this and leave because this will create a shitstorm...
Some players used to think she was bad because they could just let her "hang herself" before this beta but actually she has always been a good character, she just lacked a good poke and needed some hitbox fixed. With this changes she is a very complete and very good character.
Personally I don't agree that she is top 5 (hell, i don't even want to name a goddamn top 5 this fast, but whatever) but some people think she is and some other disagree with that, even tho it's completely known that she is a good character by now. People are complaining about her B12 but she has had that tool since August, so this just really shows they knew nothing about her lol.
BTW, her regular sais also got a recovery buff.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, the nerfs to the top tiers helped her a lot as well. Cassie was a very bad MU for her but not anymore for example. Also the whole Mileena buffs are:
- 6F D1
-8F D3
-Better recovery in ground and air sais
-Regular sai is -8 on block down from -11
-EX sais are -2 on block down from -7
-low sai is +7 on hit up from +2 and -17 on block down from -21
-high pounce now has more range in Ravenous
-low pounce is faster and has faster recovery

this is a case of unnecessary buffs.
This is the issue that's fucking with me. Out of the list of known changes, the only buff I could see as controversial is the Air Sais. (The pounce buffs are unexplored, but I'm not counting those.) What else on that list is really unnecessary? Her Sais? Her D3?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This is the issue that's fucking with me. Out of the list of known changes, the only buff I could see as controversial is the Air Sais. (The pounce buffs are unexplored, but I'm not counting those.) What else on that list is really unnecessary? Her Sais? Her D3?
The air sais, the changes of recovery, being very plus after low sais on hit...imo all this stuff was not necessary, it can boost her up too much. For example, with EX sais being -2 on block, characters with pokes that are not faster than 8 frames just have to block, because the best they can get is a trade (she has a 6f d1...). The changes on the sais are giving her an even more dangerous close game, when she already has good zoning, spacing, antiair, antizoning, and mixup games. Time will tell, of course.

Nothing good comes when an A+ is buffed. The point of balance patches should be to normalize the top tiers and help the low tiers. Characters that are in the middle should be left as they were, or just get minor changes. If not, nrs will be just shuffling the tier list.

Since september, all she needed was getting a decent poke.

Last edited:
The air sais, the changes of recovery, being very plus after low sais on hit...imo all this stuff was not necessary, it can boost her up too much. For example, with EX sais being -2 on block, characters with pokes that are not faster than 8 frames just have to block, because the best they can get is a trade (she has a 6f d1...). The changes on the sais are giving her an even more dangerous close game, when she already has good zoning, spacing, antiair, antizoning, and mixup games. Time will tell, of course.

Nothing good comes when an A+ is buffed. The point of balance patches should be to normalize the top tiers and help the low tiers. Characters that are in the middle should be left as they were, or just get minor changes. If not, nrs will be just shuffling the tier list.

Since september, all she needed was getting a decent poke.
Well most people didn't consider her A+ then, but that's another argument entirely.

Unless they closed it, EX Sai has a gap and should never be blocked anyway. You should be able to armor or duck in between sais. Pretty sure they don't jail after blockstrings either. Low Sais are full combo punishable on block. Why not have good hit advantage? Pre-patch even EX Low Sai on hit got her poked out of followups, lol. She gets rewarded for taking the risk.

They'd have to destroy all the pre-patch top tiers for top 3-5 to make sense. But tier numbers will be debated forever, so to me, that part isn't as important.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have no clue why people are so fixated on the number 5. It just spreads this false idea that the top 5 are so much better than the rest when in reality at this point there isn't that big of a difference in quality of the top 1-3 and 6-10, they probably share a tier even. Like most of the top 15 MKX characters have the tools to be broke as fuck in a game like injustice but in the context of this game it is pretty well balanced. Anyhow, point is the top 5 DONT have a significant advantage over the next 10 or 15 characters.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
No offense to the OP but this shit is getting ridic. Where's a mod? We need to close this. No need to make another thread, just join the shit show present in the other thread.