What's new

Discussion Who Do you Think Is The Most Over/Underwhelming Character To Play Against?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Some can super smart! Throw slimeball, rush in, keep putting on pressure, the opponent will try to attack you when the slimeball is behind you if you're not in the corner because that's all they can do, when they attack the slimeball will hit them, they bounce up, you follow up with a combo, throw slimeball, rinse and repeat.
I can almost always trade iceball though.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I can almost always trade iceball though.
Not when completely under pressure. Good Reptiles only use it at perfect times.
If they know the matchup, they will not try to trade, and play patiently. And that's IF you're playing Sub Zero.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not when completely under pressure. Good Reptiles only use it at perfect times.
If they know the matchup, they will not try to trade, and play patiently. And that's IF you're playing Sub Zero.
It's hard for rep to pressure sub... Reptile can play the matchup right and still possibly lose because of the advantage Sub has.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
It's hard for rep to pressure sub... Reptile can play the matchup right and still possibly lose because of the advantage Sub has.
I never said it was a definite win. Sub does have the advantage. Rep's speed and slide armor can really catch Sub off guard, especially if the Rep uses reflexes to go under the ice ball, that's all. Most Reptiles are very reckless though.

As a Kitana Assassin player, HQT predator is the most anoying matchup the one that has 0 room for a mistake, and Cyrax or Borraicho are the ones I can use 10% of my concentration and still win easy.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I never said it was a definite win. Sub does have the advantage. Rep's speed and slide armor can really catch Sub off guard, especially if the Rep uses reflexes to go under the ice ball, that's all. Most Reptiles are very reckless though.
As Iv said, Iv played mostly garbage reptiles. The only good one Iv played was a noxious and he has the most trouble with Sub out of the 3.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
As Iv said, Iv played mostly garbage reptiles. The only good one Iv played was a noxious and he has the most trouble with Sub out of the 3.
I'm now just starting to learn Reptile. I know he has a huge disadvantage against Sub. I better learn the matchup.
I fucking love playing with him!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm now just starting to learn Reptile. I know he has a huge disadvantage against Sub. I better learn the matchup.
I fucking love playing with him!
It's probably 6-4. It's a challenge but it's playable:) id recommend deceptive if I were to play Reptile.

Solignac

Noob
In my opinion, I find A-List and pretty much any Cassie Cage variation overwhelming for me. Maybe it's just my inexperience.
Cassie Cage is like 50/50 town low, overhead, overhead, low, overhead, low, low, low, overhead like jesus where do I block
A-List is scary in neutral with his f3. If he clips you with that, you're going to pressuretown with all the cancels, always opens me up.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
War God Kotal is probably the most overwhelming character for me to play against.
Dude I'd rather play Alien lol seriously war god i just auto pilot when playing him. 9 frame advancing mid that leads to 50/50 and if u get knocked down the oki game too stronggg

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Dude I'd rather play Alien lol seriously war god i just auto pilot when playing him. 9 frame advancing mid that leads to 50/50 and if u get knocked down the oki game too stronggg
Yeah but it is what it is. There are times where I could have punished but I didn't (and still haven't) labbed the timing. I don't capitalise so meh I can't really complain.

x TeeJay o

Yeah but it is what it is. There are times where I could have punished but I didn't (and still haven't) labbed the timing. I don't capitalise so meh I can't really complain.
Ive labbed it its still pointless. You have to be perfect with certain characters using a normal punish. If u use a reversal special its easy

Scott The Scot

Ive labbed it its still pointless. You have to be perfect with certain characters using a normal punish. If u use a reversal special its easy
Well, I've labbed it but I just haven't practiced it, y'know? Definitely not pointless. It's crucial if you're going to be playing like A-List where your advancing normal is what you need to use to punish. If you ain't full combo punishing it then you're just giving him more chance to win.

x TeeJay o

Well, I've labbed it but I just haven't practiced it, y'know? Definitely not pointless. It's crucial if you're going to be playing like A-List where your advancing normal is what you need to use to punish. If you ain't full combo punishing it then you're just giving him more chance to win.
Yeah i know i meant it's pointless trying to get the timing down cause the stun on it is crazy. plus the 2 frame delay online makes it even tougher. Its def full combo punishable its just slightly hard that's all im saying

Scott The Scot

Yeah i know i meant it's pointless trying to get the timing down cause the stun on it is crazy. plus the 2 frame delay online makes it even tougher. Its def full combo punishable its just slightly hard that's all im saying
Yeah I get you, that's why I'm saying you practice it lol so it becomes not hard. But I get you.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
?!

Against sub or in general? Because if you're talking about general, deceptive is DEFINITELY not the worst
Really? 'm pretty sure he's inferior to Nimble and Noxious. His invisibility is completely impractical now

TamedLizard

Buff George
So we're all on the same page then, right?

#BuffBaeRaiCho?

:p

*edit: Deceptive is definitely Reptile's best variation all around. Advantage frames were nerfed. A bit. But he's still plus or neutral on the most essential stuff.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Lol i love usuly characters dont overwhelm me but noobs do. The ones that uppercut me then try to throw projectiles and when i get close, another uppercut. I love it. Cryomancer sub and mos ermac are fun too, jump back and forth doing d3 then overhead every two or three jumps into 40%. Characters who never scare me are Kenshi and Raiden besides his sniper rifle range njp. Besides that, Takedas always seem to have this isntant comeback factor while Ronin scares me shitless. GM sub is always a fun match up with anyone espcially once in the corner. They do a b2 and an ice klone out so I stand block and guess what? I cant fucking punish b2 with kang cause his short ass moves so go fuck yourself Kang :) anyways, I still play this bullshit game even with all the crap characters have. Its fun :) and i agree @Dankster Morgan with the whole took my 5$ and month of CSZ viablitly. Felt like my fingers would break doing his combos at first

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
So we're all on the same page then, right?

#BuffBaeRaiCho?

:p

*edit: Deceptive is definitely Reptile's best variation all around. Advantage frames were nerfed. A bit. But he's still plus or neutral on the most essential stuff.
Meh, I still think Nimble and Noxious are better. What makes Deceptive different is the invisibility, which takes way to long to do, so it's very impractical. Great Reptile players such as DUSC, and OFIDYAN both think Nox and Nim are better.