What's new

Discussion Who Do you Think Is The Most Over/Underwhelming Character To Play Against?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
What I mean by this is which character(s) completely fries your brain when trying to fight them, or who leaves you in a "What the fuck just happened" state. For underwhelming, who's a character who doesn't make you put in your full concentration at all?
Looking for others' opinions on this! Is it the pressure, the mixups, the zoning, etc?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Dvorah makes me hate this game sometimes just gotta block all day puddle does everything plus on block, helps break armor, anti zoning, launcher.... What a stupid move.

Ehh I'm never scared of fighting Jason, or Bo Rai Cho.
People that are very good with SQ and bug cancels are VERY frightening. As for Jason and BRC, I can just zone them out with KJ Shaolin.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
It depends on the character you play. I play reptile and facing dragons fire liu kang can be pretty daunting but im sure another character might not have so much trouble.

As for underwhelming? Probably bo rai cho. Hes fucked at full screen against reptile. Though the few ive faced have strange habit of backing away from me so i dunno maybes he's secretly terrifying and just hasn't fallen into the right hands yet.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Quan Chi, D'Vorah, Grandmaster sub & Shinnok make me nervous and I got to try my best to keep my Kool while being clam and collected fighting them because they can punish you so quick if you mess up your inputs and your not on point with your execution. They will very much give me a very very very hard time to pull off the clutch win. Which is what it always ends up being. By far they are nothing short of a nightmare to face for me.

Yeah I get SHOOK!

Triborg, Erron Black, Ms. Briggs, Kenshi & Goro give me free W's most of the time and I love putting they asses into the corner.

Love how I smash Triborg with his metal armor making great music to my ears.

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Pre patch Quan Chi, Acidic Alien, and Kotal players make me think about how much of a joke defense is in this game everytime I fight them and Mileena surprisingly is kind of a joke to me (I know ppl will prob tell me I've been playing scrubs a lot tho that's not the case) and so is BRC and Kitana

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
Sub Zero is often overwhelming for me. I've always had issues with him, no matter what character I play. The most underwhelming would be Leatherface. I've run in to so many of them that fall for some of my set ups to get in on them when I play Kobu Jutsu. If i'm playing Pyromancer, they often just give up when I start throwing fireballs.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Spectral is hands down the hardest thing for me to keep up with.

Easiest would probably be Scorpion to be honest, but its probably just because I know the character inside and out.

A good Sorcerer Quan is always an issue.

GM sub gets whooped by my gunslinger

Piercing Mileena gets whooped by my Ermac

My Goro gets whooped by everyone else

Hiyomoto

Noob
Can hold my own against a majority of the cast except Dvorah. I don't even know what's going on during those block strings.

Poshib

The Artman
Overwhelming?

- Shirai Ryu Takeda: I've literally lost both ESL attempts against that shit. The pressure is too strong right now. It makes me wonder why more Takedas aren't placing in offline majors. EXTREMELY annoying to fight.

- Covert Ops Sonya: This is a character I feel you can only beat if you know the mind of your opponent going into battle. Just winging it is almost an auto loss for me since Sonya's mixups are too good. I would feel more comfortable if I played against a good Covert Ops Sonya on the regular to keep my awareness up.

Underwhelming?

- Kano: As awesome as this character is, I haven't played anyone recently that has made me "Fear" this character. He loses hard to zoning without meter and his options to close the distance are too obvious to be a surprise.

- Alien: All glitchy shit aside, I still think this character gets away with too much against people. Alien is terrible on whiff and seems surprisingly weak against zoning who surprisingly, very few of the top players we see use. I'd love to play some solid Aliens that can personally educate me on why I should vote "Yes" in the "Should Alien Be Banned" thread. Lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Can't for the life of me stand GM sub and HQT predator.

I don't fear any Kitana, Jacqui, D'Vorah or Kenshi. Any other character makes me feel some type of way, one way or another.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
It depends.

Piercing Mileena and GM Sub-zero are the most overwhelming to me. But if I play Bo rai cho, any character is overwhelming to play against.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Sub Zero is often overwhelming for me. I've always had issues with him, no matter what character I play. The most underwhelming would be Leatherface. I've run in to so many of them that fall for some of my set ups to get in on them when I play Kobu Jutsu. If i'm playing Pyromancer, they often just give up when I start throwing fireballs.
Cryomancer doesn't give me any issues. It's really only GM! I've never played an Unbreakable.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Overwhelming?

- Shirai Ryu Takeda: I've literally lost both ESL attempts against that shit. The pressure is too strong right now. It makes me wonder why more Takedas aren't placing in offline majors. EXTREMELY annoying to fight.

- Covert Ops Sonya: This is a character I feel you can only beat if you know the mind of your opponent going into battle. Just winging it is almost an auto loss for me since Sonya's mixups are too good. I would feel more comfortable if I played against a good Covert Ops Sonya on the regular to keep my awareness up.

Underwhelming?

- Kano: As awesome as this character is, I haven't played anyone recently that has made me "Fear" this character. He loses hard to zoning without meter and his options to close the distance are too obvious to be a surprise.

- Alien: All glitchy shit aside, I still think this character gets away with too much against people. Alien is terrible on whiff and seems surprisingly weak against zoning who surprisingly, very few of the top players we see use. I'd love to play some solid Aliens that can personally educate me on why I should vote "Yes" in the "Should Alien Be Banned" thread. Lol
Alien? Really? Underwhelming? His Acidic and Konjurer variations are a struggle for me.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Spectral is hands down the hardest thing for me to keep up with.

Easiest would probably be Scorpion to be honest, but its probably just because I know the character inside and out.
Never seen a Spectral before. Mystic for me isn't overwhelming but is annoying as shit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I hate Ermac- All three variations, spectral terrifying, mystic is annoying, and nothing is worse than a laggy MOS.
I hate Takeda- oh your plus there, plus there, minus 2, plus a billion, oh cool you have a 40 foot whip that goes through my Klone, oh cool I can't win trades with you, oh cool when I start to pull ahead you can hard to blockable cheese me to death, yay, they really buffed you smartly and with a lot of thought I can just tell.
I hate Triborg- reminds me of the 5 bucks NRS stole from me and a month of my time for CSZ.
I hate Shinnok- even though my character does just fine, it's just insulting that I should be afraid to counter poke after a blocked D4.
I hate D'Vorah- too disgusted to talk about her

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I hate Ermac- All three variations, spectral terrifying, mystic is annoying, and nothing is worse than a laggy MOS.
I hate Takeda- oh your plus there, plus there, minus 2, plus a billion, oh cool you have a 40 foot whip that goes through my Klone, oh cool I can't win trades with you, oh cool when I start to pull ahead you can hard to blockable cheese me to death, yay, they really buffed you smartly and with a lot of thought I can just tell.
I hate Triborg- reminds me of the 5 bucks NRS stole from me and a month of my time for CSZ.
I hate Shinnok- even though my character does just fine, it's just insulting that I should be afraid to counter poke after a blocked D4.
I hate D'Vorah- too disgusted to talk about her
Hahaha! Agree with all. Unsafe or not, they overwhelm me.

One character that no one has said: A really good Reptile is super overwhelming! Check out DidUSayChocolate on YT, his Reptile kicks ass.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Hahaha! Agree with all. Unsafe or not, they overwhelm me.

One character that no one has said: A really good Reptile is super overwhelming! Check out DidUSayChocolate on YT, his Reptile kicks ass.
Reptiles can jump into my ice Klone. All Iv played is garbage reptiles that are magnetized to the Klone so I never learned the matchup. :(

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Reptiles can jump into my ice Klone. All Iv played is garbage reptiles that are magnetized to the Klone so I never learned the matchup. :(
Some can super smart! Throw slimeball, rush in, keep putting on pressure, the opponent will try to attack you when the slimeball is behind you if you're not in the corner because that's all they can do, when they attack the slimeball will hit them, they bounce up, you follow up with a combo, throw slimeball, rinse and repeat.