What's new

Who do you think is Bottom 5?

Your bottom 5

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
TYM logic

Char doesn't have 50/50s char is low tier

In fact and willing to bet top 10 has more footsie/pressure/strat focus chars than 50/50 chars, unless your playing Quan 50/50 is an overused term at this point

Last edited:

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
How do y'all determine if a character is better? Whomever makes the top 8? Frame data? Personal use?

Yes, I'm still defending Mileena. All these votes are killing me since she's A tier.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I am willing to concede F/T might be fine after the patch; I haven't seen enough of them yet. I stand by Goro and Jason at least being at a strong disadvantage against most of the cast, but I think overall the game is really well-balanced.

How do y'all determine if a character is better? Whomever makes the top 8? Frame data? Personal use?

Yes, I'm still defending Mileena. All these votes are killing me since she's A tier.
The thing is imo this game has a bunch of S tiers and A tiers, a couple B tiers, and that's it. There are no shitters. So you could be A tier and be in the bottom.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Tools.

Or that's how it supposed to be done. lol

Cassie: One of the best armored moves to get out of gaps, wakeup, anti air and it leads to full combo. 50/50s that are hit confirmable into standing resets for more 50/50s or can be made safe. Great spacing and footsie tools like B1 and B2. Great AA moves. Great pokes and frames etc

All better than the tools mileena has to offer. And there are a lot of characters like that imo. That's why I have mileena in the bottom 5.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
If any new members want a list of the trolls, just click on KL, Shinnok, Quan, Tanya and Predators names see who voted

Robotic

Gentleman.
Top 5 worst Variations: (In no order)

5) Unstoppable Jason
4) Hat Trick Kung Lao
3) Spectral Ermac
2) High Tech Jacqui
1) Lasher Takeda
I quoted u only because ur doing it right. I still don't understand why people DON'T specifically name variations in top or bottom conversations, or even MU conversations. They are their own characters, after all.

Marte

Noob
Speaking of variations, why do people consider Hat Trick bottom 5 material? Is he really that bad? Serious question, I know nothing about it.
I mean, the other two variations are better, but the core is still Kung Lao, who is a solid character overall.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Can't just go off of the on-paper approach.

Tool wise, Killer Frost could contend with people like Batgirl.

Reality wise, those tools lacked any real forms of application in an actual match.
i also love how it's a 1-29 ranking instead of a tier list.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Speaking of variations, why do people consider Hat Trick bottom 5 material? Is he really that bad? Serious question, I know nothing about it.
I mean, the other two variations are better, but the core is still Kung Lao, who is a solid character overall.
From what I've seen he looks like he has good setups and decent damage and pressure but I've never actually seen someone in a tournament setting use him so ppl probably just underestimate him because his other variations are strong.

If anyone has any match footage not combo videos of hat trick please link a video or something

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Tools.

Or that's how it supposed to be done. lol

Cassie: One of the best armored moves to get out of gaps, wakeup, anti air and it leads to full combo. 50/50s that are hit confirmable into standing resets for more 50/50s or can be made safe. Great spacing and footsie tools like B1 and B2. Great AA moves. Great pokes and frames etc

All better than the tools mileena has to offer. And there are a lot of characters like that imo. That's why I have mileena in the bottom 5.
Agree to disagree. If she's bottom 5, she's bottom 5. At the end of the day its irrelevant because it comes down to who's controlling the character. Just know Saltface isn't the only competent Mileena out in these MK skreets. He's a beast but when more Mileenas start going to these bigger tournaments I'm sure lists like this won't have Mileena on there as frequent.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol @ all these "Ferra/Torr's." Hope none of you have to face a competent Vicious main offline. Gonna be a ruuude awakening.
I play Jacqui; that match up is stupid easy.

Also, anyone who has suggested Jacqui is bottom five hasn't played a competent one post patch. She's gonna get nerfed next patch I can almost guarantee it.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
1) Goro
2) Kenshi
3) Ferra Torr
4) Jacqui Briggs
5) Jason
why is everyone saying jacqui? its like noone reads Patchnotes, FA and SG are not top 15 at least shot gun may below 15 but not that far.

i wanna know in what world does jacqui get bottom 5 for 39 votes.... with B2DB2 and KAra... hmmmm seems noone plays her still and just assume she is still old jacqui.

just like johnny, frame trap monster, and people still think he is hot garbage because he is hard to get inputs down.

i cant believe thgere was votes for Erron, Cassie, and sonya, lol shinnok

Last edited:

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Wait, 20 votes for Kano? WTF?
I can see the argument for it. I main Kano, so everyone is welcome to drown me in downplay accusations if you want :-p .

Kano is a great character, in my opinion. His footsie and neutral game is great with his strong normals and dashes. His anti-air is godlike (though everyone else got their AA game upped in the last patch, so that's less exceptional). But at the end of the day, being properly good with Kano is based on heavy knowledge of fundamentals.

He's a fair character who excels at what I would think of as the "base game" of MKX- punishes, using meter to extend combos or gain frame advantage, using hit confirms to gain advantage, etc.

The top characters I think can excel in a certain aspect of the game so strongly that they can ignore at least some of these fundamentals. Like- getting stuck in Quan Chi's vortex, or Kobu Tanya's pressure, or HQT Predator's zoning/cancel pressure game, etc.

I still wouldn't say Kano is bottom 5, but I can see where people get the idea.

Agree to disagree. If she's bottom 5, she's bottom 5. At the end of the day its irrelevant because it comes down to who's controlling the character. Just know Saltface isn't the only competent Mileena out in these MK skreets. He's a beast but when more Mileenas start going to these bigger tournaments I'm sure lists like this won't have Mileena on there as frequent.
When that happens (lol.. when).. IF that happens, and more people besides just the top players bother to understand what Mileena's tools are and how to play the matchup, Mileena players, even the good ones, will do even worse at tournaments because opponent's lack of knowledge won't be as obvious.

What do you think makes her A tier? EX roll and a decent projectile?

She's not terrible, but other than Goro and Kenshi, no one in this game is that bad.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I can see the argument for it. I main Kano, so everyone is welcome to drown me in downplay accusations if you want :-p .

Kano is a great character, in my opinion. His footsie and neutral game is great with his strong normals and dashes. His anti-air is godlike (though everyone else got their AA game upped in the last patch, so that's less exceptional). But at the end of the day, being properly good with Kano is based on heavy knowledge of fundamentals.

He's a fair character who excels at what I would think of as the "base game" of MKX- punishes, using meter to extend combos or gain frame advantage, using hit confirms to gain advantage, etc.

The top characters I think can excel in a certain aspect of the game so strongly that they can ignore at least some of these fundamentals. Like- getting stuck in Quan Chi's vortex, or Kobu Tanya's pressure, or HQT Predator's zoning/cancel pressure game, etc.

I still wouldn't say Kano is bottom 5, but I can see where people get the idea.
I agree I Dont think he bottom 5 I've mained him since the beginning he definitely has the tools to be a great character but compared to what some other characters have it makes his not look as good as the really are so it leaves him in this middle ground where if he buffed to much he top tier but if given no love he could sink just because majority could pass him by having more dirt added on.

Bottom 5 in this game is no death sentence by any means so even if he ends up at bottom we can make it work