What's new

Question Who complements Kitana for her bad matchups?

LEGEND

YES!
Retile's only "bad" MU out of the characters you listed is Sonya and Sonya isn't that terrible of a MU for Kitana in the first place

Sounds like a solid pick, also, Lao and Kabal take time to learn and if you are not at a high level with them you will do nothing. Whereas Reptile is relatively easy to learn and can scrub out alot of players that don't fully understand how to deal with him

McNasty

Moist.
Sonya is annoying for everyone that isnt kabal, kenshi, freddy oddly enough kitana is who I favor vs sonya. Its most likely a 6-4 in sonyas favor but kitana has options many others dont. f21 is the best wiffed d4 punisher in the game imo walk back and bait that shit. Kitanas footsie game is more than enough to out wit sonya.

Kung lao is the best option.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Raiden might be an ok choice, although Kung Lao is probably better.

Raiden handles Kabal better than most(his high hitbox and 2~ndc are the worst things about that matchup) and isn't bothered by Kenshi. Sonya is a problem, but he goes 5-5 with everyone else on that list.

Really you should go with Kung Lao. Kung Lao handily takes care of Kenshi and Smoke, and Freddy and Raiden don't like Kung Lao much either, plus he does as well against Kabal as anyone.

You're probably going to just have to suck it up and deal with Sonya, unless you want to pick up Kabal or a character just for countering her

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Smh how could you bill?

Mr. Mileena, Revolver, Trepound, CD, 16Bit and I are all diehard kitana players and deal with her madness and you wanna find the easy way out?

This is disheartening. You are no longer a part of the edenian society. Please leave your fans and exit the premises. Your life is disqualified
<3 Khaotik

McNasty

Moist.
Retile's only "bad" MU out of the characters you listed is Sonya and Sonya isn't that terrible of a MU for Kitana in the first place

Sounds like a solid pick, also, Lao and Kabal take time to learn and if you are not at a high level with them you will do nothing. Whereas Reptile is relatively easy to learn and can scrub out alot of players that don't fully understand how to deal with him
This.

well put lethal

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
By community verdict I'd assume Kabal. He's the new craycray until somebody blows him up like it usually goes with the "top 1"

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I would say Reptile or Kung Lao would be good choices. Also, Liu Kang could work too although he does lose the Kenshi MU but it is not completely terrible.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Shoutouts to 16 Bit for being a diehard Kitana loyalist. I, however, am free and would rather resort to downplaying and counterpicking.

I want to learn someone new that can deal with some of Kitana's worst matchups. Lucky for me, I think there are only 2 that are completely ridiculous for Kitana to even touch, but I want to find a character that also takes care of some of her annoying matchups, too.

Terrible:
Kabal
Kenshi

Annoying:
Sonya
Smoke
Freddy
Raiden
Reptile

I'm thinking Reptile (free to Sonya, though), Kabal (ew gross), or Kung Lao could possibly handle it.

Discuss.
You should add Ermac to annoying.

I would say Liu, but I'm sure he gets beat by Kenshi and Freddy. Who actually beats those character though?Kung Lao could cover them both, I suppose.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm still of the belief that it's a matter of skill who you can and who you cannot beat. That's it. You can argue that Kenshi's spirit moves are broken as shit and hard to get in on, but that's the card you've been dealt, play him if you have a problem with it, or get over it and do work. :D

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You should add Ermac to annoying.
I was about to say the same thing.

I think Ermac is pretty decently bad for Kitanya.
Ermac isn't that bad. She punishes all of his tele-specials so hard that she gets just as many throw set ups as he does per match :).

Good advice! I kind of dig Reptile's play style.

I'm still of the belief that it's a matter of skill who you can and who you cannot beat. That's it. You can argue that Kenshi's spirit moves are broken as shit and hard to get in on, but that's the card you've been dealt, play him if you have a problem with it, or get over it and do work. :D
Completely disagree. 16 Bit is on par with Pig of the Hut skill-wise, yet their Kenshi-Kitana matches would have you believe otherwise. If you, as a Jade player, think that your skill is somehow reflected in your performance with a character that is at disadvantage to over half the cast, then it's no wonder that you're so salty all the time. You're probably a lot better than your character gives you credit for.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
reptile is not free to sonya...

he is a good choice tho

i should pick up KUH BAWL :D

also....NO COPYING MY TEAM D:<<

Axel_Redd

he's not, its only a 4-6 for reptile...

also if u want a balanced team, you could try cage & reptile or Cage & Sonya. Cage has epic rush down, Sonya Has epic Footsies and Kitana has great zoning as well as pressure-footsies. Altho reptile would fair better against Kenshi than Sonya...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
he's not, its only a 4-6 for reptile...

also if u want a balanced team, you could try cage & reptile or Cage & Sonya. Cage has epic rush down, Sonya Has epic Footsies and Kitana has great zoning as well as pressure-footsies. Altho reptile would fair better against Kenshi than Sonya...
Sonya is clearly reptilesworst bad MU.

Its bad man. Punishes everything he does and he doesn't have a solid answer for her.

Its 7-3

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
explain how its a 7-3....:/
The dive kick.

U wanna tthrow orbs? Dive kick. Wanna dash? Dive kick. Ex dash? Uppercut or dive kick.

She wins the zoning war as well.

And she DEFINITELY beats him upclose.

He has no solid answer for her. Just hope and pray.

Anyways, this thread is about kitana..so yea..

Axel_Redd

The dive kick.

U wanna tthrow orbs? Dive kick. Wanna dash? Dive kick. Ex dash? Uppercut or dive kick.

She wins the zoning war as well.

And she DEFINITELY beats him upclose.

He has no solid answer for her. Just hope and pray.

Anyways, this thread is about kitana..so yea..
seems like 4-6 if reptile is good at baiting sonya. i'm not afraid of divekicks.

kitana is fun :D

McNasty

Moist.
seems like 4-6 if reptile is good at baiting sonya. i'm not afraid of divekicks.

kitana is fun :D
bait what? essentially all you will get is a dash punish knock her down and STILL not be able to do anything because you have to respect her wake up game.

BillStickers I play kitana and reptile as my two alts believe me if I could go back it would be lao all day.