What's new

Question Who complements Kitana for her bad matchups?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Shoutouts to 16 Bit for being a diehard Kitana loyalist. I, however, am free and would rather resort to downplaying and counterpicking.

I want to learn someone new that can deal with some of Kitana's worst matchups. Lucky for me, I think there are only 2 that are completely ridiculous for Kitana to even touch, but I want to find a character that also takes care of some of her annoying matchups, too.

Terrible:
Kabal
Kenshi

Annoying:
Sonya
Smoke
Freddy
Raiden
Reptile

I'm thinking Reptile (free to Sonya, though), Kabal (ew gross), or Kung Lao could possibly handle it.

Discuss.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
If you want to counterpick those under annoying, I wouldn't go to Reptile. He loses to both Sonya and Freddy.

When in doubt, Kabal it out.

Edit: I'd probably go with Kenshi.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Liu seems viable for those characters.

Okay so, you're left with a possible bad matchup in Kenshi but, good luck having no bad matchups whatsoever if your duo of choice aint both in the top 5. (and we all know what's happened with anyone trying to exploit that mentality)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Smh how could you bill?

Mr. Mileena, Revolver, Trepound, CD, 16Bit and I are all diehard kitana players and deal with her madness and you wanna find the easy way out?

This is disheartening. You are no longer a part of the edenian society. Please leave your fans and exit the premises. Your life is disqualified

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Smh how could you bill?

Mr. Mileena, Revolver, Trepound, CD, 16Bit and I are all diehard kitana players and deal with her madness and you wanna find the easy way out?

This is disheartening. You are no longer a part of the edenian society. Please leave your fans and exit the premises. Your life is disqualified
That's bold coming from the Kitana player who counterpicks Stryker :REO

coolwhip

Noob
Kung Lao.

He does better than most of the cast against Kabal and beats Freddy, Smoke and especially Kenshi. What more can you ask for?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Smh how could you bill?

LBSH, Kabal and Kenshi are 10-0 against Kitana. At this point, Maxter has the highest placing Kitana and he doesn't even main her. She's good against almost everyone, but she cannot win tournaments alone (unless your bracket is Kabal and Kenshi-free).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
LBSH, Kabal and Kenshi are 10-0 against Kitana. At this point, Maxter has the highest placing Kitana and he doesn't even main her. She's good against almost everyone, but she cannot win tournaments alone (unless your bracket is Kabal and Kenshi-free).
Instead of counterpicking, why not just hire a Hitman to take care of Pig Of The Hut, m2dave and other people of that nature?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Kit doesnt have it any worse than the majority of the cast has it against Kabal. Kenshi's a handful, but once again, there's a cavalcade of characters on the roster that have a tougher time in this mu. Mileena vs Kenshi is infinitely harder for example.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Isn't Lao kind of free to Sonya, too? Might just have to learn KUHBAWL.
He's not "free" to her.

Yes, the match-up is a pain to Lao, but I have always preached that a good Kung Lao can make the match-up appear to be 5-5. While Sonya's tools are top-notch, you have good ones as well.

Besides, he covers the rest of the characters pretty well.

coolwhip

Noob
. At this point, Maxter has the highest placing Kitana and he doesn't even main her.
Are you referring to Raleigh? Since Maxter only used her until he played PL the first time. He lost the first game and switched to Cyrax from therre until the end.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Stick with the princess Bill! You can handle those Kuhbawls. Ask xKhaoTikx, he seems to handles her Bad MUs like Kenshi and Kuhbawl well. 16 bit also seems to do well against REO. Loyalty will serve you well!!!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If I had a serious tournament secondary it'd be Kung Lao. That would take care of Freddy, Kabal(sort of lol) and Kenshi. The only problem would be that Carl is the hardest Kabal for me and he'd blow my back out in the KL mirror. We'd be in a counter pick situation where we trade wins and he'd have the edge.

I believe Kitana can win a big tournament on her own. Kabal is not 10-0. The two best Kabal players at Dallas were REO and Cat who I've beaten in tournament. I've beaten in tournament or did fine in casuals against the best with all the characters you listed. Except of course Pig. If there's only one guy you simply cannot beat then there's still a reasonable chance. At Dallas my loses were me getting out played, in MU that could possibly be in Kitana's favor.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If I had a serious tournament secondary it'd be Kung Lao. That would take care of Freddy, Kabal(sort of lol) and Kenshi. The only problem would be that Carl is the hardest Kabal for me and he'd blow my back out in the KL mirror. We'd be in a counter pick situation where we trade wins and he'd have the edge.

I believe Kitana can win a big tournament on her own. Kabal is not 10-0. The two best Kabal players at Dallas were REO and Cat who I've beaten in tournament. I've beaten in tournament or did fine in casuals against the best with all the characters you listed. Except of course Pig. If there's only one guy you simply cannot beat then there's still a reasonable chance. At Dallas my loses were me getting out played, in MU that could possibly be in Kitana's favor.
KL might be a good pick for me--the Sonya matchup pisses me off though.

I lost to a Sektor player, so the matchups aren't my problem necessarily. I just want to learn someone new that I can fully-develop that will actually help me out in matches. I'm familiar with Mileena and Jade now, but they're pretty useless when it comes to filling in Kitana's gaps (except for maybe Reptile).