What's new

Who beats Kung Lao?

DeathTouch

Iceman
REO and other KL high level players I ask since Lao is one of my main characters, Is Smoke vs KL 5-5 ?
I feel like Smoke can give me a trouble if well played by the smoke player

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Cyrax, Cyber Sub, Sektor

For lao i use all 3 of the robots. By far i have the easiest time dealing with KL with them, maybe im just gifted in fighting kung lao with the robots or every kung lao i have ever played sucks balls.

And none of this is based on theory, at the end of the day i do feel KL is a great character and is a character that is completely dependant on player skill so maybe i just have outplayed them all.

IKizzLE you dont agree that sektor fights KL pretty well?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Cyrax, Cyber Sub, Sektor

For lao i use all 3 of the robots. By far i have the easiest time dealing with KL with them, maybe im just gifted in fighting kung lao with the robots or every kung lao i have ever played sucks balls.

And none of this is based on theory, at the end of the day i do feel KL is a great character and is a character that is completely dependant on player skill so maybe i just have outplayed them all.

It's even at best.

gdf

Noob
REO and other KL high level players I ask since Lao is one of my main characters, Is Smoke vs KL 5-5 ?
I feel like Smoke can give me a trouble if well played by the smoke player
6-4 In Kung Lao's favor. If Smoke isn't getting in your face, he's doing it right. He makes you screw up, and capitalizes on it.

This is the only match-up I truly know.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Cyrax, Cyber Sub, Sektor

kl blows up cyrax, has an advantage on csz, and goes toe to toe with sektor. sektor has the ability to make me mad. i offer no explanation, this is just my opinion.

6-4 In Kung Lao's favor. If Smoke isn't getting in your face, he's doing it right. He makes you screw up, and capitalizes on it.

This is the only match-up I truly know.
It doesnt matter if smoke isn't in your face. Smoke can't run away from kung lao at all.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
kl blows up cyrax, has an advantage on csz, and goes toe to toe with sektor. sektor has the ability to make me mad. i offer no explanation, this is just my opinion.
Oh i was just about to ask for one because like i said ive never had issues against kl with cyrax, theres too many unfavorable situations for KL. Teleport is useless and hats dont do shit vs full screen nets and bombs. Blocked anything equals death. I ran through a shit load of kung laos at mlg. Tournament and kasuals. And i dont see the advantage on CSZ other than trying to lame it out, the match i consider 5-5 at worst for CSZ.

Oh i was just about to ask for one because like i said ive never had issues against kl with cyrax, theres too many unfavorable situations for KL. Teleport is useless and hats dont do shit vs full screen nets and bombs. Blocked anything equals death. I ran through a shit load of kung laos at mlg. Tournament and kasuals. And i dont see the advantage on CSZ other than trying to lame it out, the match i consider 5-5 at worst for CSZ.
why are teleports useless?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
why are teleports useless?
Every teleport gets air grabbed, even instant 3. Armor teleport does as well unless you do the overhead for longer armor, but every character should just simply walk away once you see its an EX, then its just a waste of meter for KL. And if you feel balsy its pretty easy to d1 into full combo punish.

Every teleport gets air grabbed, even instant 3. Armor teleport does as well unless you do the overhead for longer armor, but every character should just simply walk away once you see its an EX, then its just a waste of meter for KL. And if you feel balsy its pretty easy to d1 into full combo punish.
How many frames is air grab? I mean there are a lot of ways to set up the teleport and Kl shouldn't teleport too much anyway since cyrax punishes hard. But doesn't cyrax have trouble once Kl gets in? And Kl is the most meter building character imo, so it's not often he gets his combos fully in against kl.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
How many frames is air grab? I mean there are a lot of ways to set up the teleport and Kl shouldn't teleport too much anyway since cyrax punishes hard. But doesn't cyrax have trouble once Kl gets in? And Kl is the most meter building character imo, so it's not often he gets his combos fully in against kl.
thats true for the most part the only thing is the air grab has invincibility on startup even without wakeup, cyrax doesnt really have a problem fighting kl up close especially beacause of one hit death scare. As far as meter goes most cyrax players do not utilize his unbreakable combos. even if KL has 3 meters, hes going to lose 30% into a guessing game easy without being able to break, and thats just with one meter. 3 Meters can land close to 70% unbreakable. Meter isnt really scary to cyrax anymore as long as cyrax has meter himself.

Death

Noob
I do think at the highest level of play KL only loses to Sonya 4-6. Characters like Cage, Jax, Sektor can feel tough but I think their 5-5. Kitana beating KL is a myth. That MU is 5-5 as well. I never thought or never will think its in Kitanas favor.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I do think at the highest level of play KL only loses to Sonya 4-6. Characters like Cage, Jax, Sektor can feel tough but I think their 5-5. Kitana beating KL is a myth. That MU is 5-5 as well. I never thought or never will think its in Kitanas favor.
I still firmly believe cyrax has advantage over kl for the most part. I do agree on kitana being 5-5 and sonya winning it. I think ive played cyrax vs kung more than anything in my life time lol

Kitana's matchup is tricky, it's 5-5 but it took me a long time to adjust, you can't poke that bitch back especially with those poor pokes kl has.

I still firmly believe cyrax has advantage over kl for the most part. I do agree on kitana being 5-5 and sonya winning it. I think ive played cyrax vs kung more than anything in my life time lol
Can you name some of the best Kl's you've ever played? or even the best kl?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Can you name some of the best Kl's you've ever played? or even the best kl?
Perfect legend (Online and Tourney)
Classy Sasquatch (VSM)
Eazael (Tournament Gatherings)
Reo (VSM)
Usedforglue (Online)
Tom Brady (VSM)
BlueNINE (for hours of tournament gatherings)

Those are the ones i played pretty consistantly or in long sets when we did play.

gdf

Noob
It doesnt matter if smoke isn't in your face. Smoke can't run away from kung lao at all.
I think you misunderstood the post, Smoke is never supposed to rush down or get near Kung Lao.

Smoke needs to make Kung Lao wiff a jump in, block Kung Lao's dive kick, and uppercut his teleport.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i love when they start firing bombs at full distance, usually thats when i can counterzone, advance or teleport. same with full screen net. at full distance im waiting for the projectile because in my experience thats my window to get in and do some damage. i feel safe at full distance and i like to be in your face. mid screen is when im uneasy.

i hate fighting a good sektor because im afraid to zone because teleuppercut. its hard to get in because of flamethrower has such little recovery and b1.

czs is a good match for KL but if you have a good balance of defence and intelligent offense up close you can win, bait the parry, punish the dk, block the low strings

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i love when they start firing bombs at full distance, usually thats when i can counterzone, advance or teleport. same with full screen net. at full distance im waiting for the projectile because in my experience thats my window to get in and do some damage. i feel safe at full distance and i like to be in your face. mid screen is when im uneasy.

i hate fighting a good sektor because im afraid to zone because teleuppercut. its hard to get in because of flamethrower has such little recovery and b1.

czs is a good match for KL but if you have a good balance of defence and intelligent offense up close you can win, bait the parry, punish the dk, block the low strings
Kung Lao is one of those characters that is mainly based on player skill just like kabal. Any match is winnable but not guaranteed. Until I fight a Kung Lao that makes me feel helpless ill continue to play it out the way I have.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2