What's new

Who beats Kung Lao?

KHAMELEON

Banned
im having hard time beating this guy and everyone online seems to use him vs me. i need a good plan b for people like them

gdf

Noob
Sonya, and I'm pretty confident that Jax is in that. It's really anybody that can armor through his attacks and make him regret it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Cage, Kitana, Sektor, Sonya

Maybe Jax. Some people say 5-5 some say no. But the first 4 im 99% positive their bad MUs for KL.
I would say Jax is in there too. Outside of those 5 I would say everything else is 5-5 or in KL's favor.

Kitana is his worst imo. cage and sonya are bad too. sektor can easily punish kung lao and lao has to respect his missles because of the other tools. Against jax it kind of depends on whether he has meter and if youre in the corner youre pretty fucked.

Foxy said low hitbox characters dont give him that much of a problem but pretty much everyone here mentioned almost all the low hitbox characters and unless I see some lao getting around it I won't believe it.

When you look at it like this Kung lao is more of an anti zoning character rather than rushdown, because he kind of gets beat by the real good rushdown characters.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Cage is 5-5, Sonya probably slightly her advantage, same with Kitana, KL beats Jax, and goes even with Kabal IMO

KL is pretty much an all purpose character, the only other one I could think of would be Kabal, and MAYBE Sektor

He can go toe-to-toe with Cage relatively well since he has 2 moves that are quicker than Cage, and the threat of both of them is enough to make the Cage player either cautious, or eat damage.

I honestly don't feel like KL really loses to anyone but Sonya. Being able to approach with a safe launcher that has armor is annoying for him all he can do is neutral jump it but not when you are trying to keep her out. If the game didn't reward you with meter for getting beat up it wouldn't come into play as much. KL vs Sonya to me feels like Akuma vs Cviper. so annoying lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I honestly don't feel like KL really loses to anyone but Sonya. Being able to approach with a safe launcher that has armor is annoying for him all he can do is neutral jump it but not when you are trying to keep her out. If the game didn't reward you with meter for getting beat up it wouldn't come into play as much. KL vs Sonya to me feels like Akuma vs Cviper. so annoying lol
You don't think Cage beats Kung Lao too? With the old low hat, I think the match up was probably in Kung Lao's favor, but he can't zone as well as he was once able to.

You don't think Cage beats Kung Lao too? With the old low hat, I think the match up was probably in Kung Lao's favor, but he can't zone as well as he was once able to.
Its not as hard as sonya. Once you understand how to get out of cages pressure it becomes less difficult. As Foxy said Cage has to be cautious. Its like 5-5

Oh yea Dave I will be at console combat so we can play

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
hmm...as much as i would like to say kang can as well... both chars end up 5-5, Sonya definitely.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Nobody beats KL, he is the perfect character along with Kabal.

Idk why everybody thinks he loses to Sonya, she has to be just as careful as Cage, and generally has a harder time staying on him.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Do you often play the Kl matchup against usedforglue?
Yea, KL is also 1 of my best characters as well (1 of my 3), theres no reason for him to have a losing match up, its all down to the player.

If Cage only has 2 or 3 matchups that are truly against him, KL shouldnt have any.

I believe that the same applies to most other characters in the game, its just that players arent understanding their characters properly yet.