What's new

Who Are You Looking To Main So Far?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know there has been limited information, especially considering the game for early release is only just over 7 weeks away. But from what you have seen, who are you looking to try out first? Do you already know who you’re looking to main? And this can also include the DLC characters or rumored/leaked characters as well.

Anyway, this is my list in order. Now, I’m 100% maining Smoke & Scorpion, but the rest is subject to change once I get my hands on the game and the characters. I pretty much want to try out the entire roster, there’s only a few that I don’t think I’ll like but I’m still gonna at least try everyone out.

My top 3 are the Lin Kuei Legends:
1-Smoke
2-Scorpion
3-Sub-Zero

After those 3, these are the next in line:
4-Rain
5-Geras
6-Reptile
7-General Shao
8-Baraka
9-Sindel
10-Ashrah
11-Havik
12-Raiden

Maybe:
13: Kenshi
14: Johnny Cage
15: Liu Kang
16: Kung Lao
17: Reiko (Unconfirmed)
18: Nitara (Unconfirmed)
19: Shang Tsung

DLC: (Pretty much All of them)
1-Homelander
2-Ermac
3-Takeda
4-Quan Chi
5-OmniMan

Feel free to participate and post who you’ve got your eyes on!

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Rain and Tanya, as already decided weeks and months ago. My 2 all time favorites.

Probably Smoke too. I wanna try Li Mei.
My boy Quan Chi when is out, of course.
Reiko is also on the list, because MK4 was my first MK, and I played him a lot, alongside Tanya.

And I will probably again end maining Kitana too, as always.

Too many characters to main :eek:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'll need a full roster reveal... as if Sindel is in it, she is my main, most likely. To be honest, everyone looks fucking awesome. I will prob be playing all of them by the end of the games life lol

Base Roster Revealed so far : Jonny Cage is probably the one I am most keen for, I think he may be super competitive as that Star Power thing looks broken af. Baraka also looks lit, but he has been trash in pretty much every game, so lets see if he can be actrually used lol.

Including Kombat Pak 1 Reveal : Quan will be my main for sure from all the stuff shown if I include the KP1. He has been my actual main for most of the modern era.

But it is so hard to say.. Literally everyone looks awesome... apart from Kenshi. I tried him in the beta and I think he is to complex for me. I'll get around to him at some point, but Lee Mei, Wizard Rain, Kung Lao... all will be getting a play in the initial "find my main" time.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Quan Chizzle for shizzle.

Omni Man as well because it's fucking OMNI MAN, I mean come on.

But up until they get released my first choice is probably gonna be Havik. I'm waiting to see a trailer or kombat kast for him before I can say for sure. As long as they don't butcher him and give him a boring moveset/playstyle he's a pretty easy first choice.

I highly doubt they fuck him up tho, especially after seeing how well they've done with the characters they've shown so far (Johnny, Kenshi, Rain, Baraka etc.)

If on the small chance they do fuck him up or he ends up not being in the game I'll have to try out the other characters first before I decide.

Can't wait to see what they do with Geras in this game

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
That won't become apparent until i get to own the game (this goes for every fighting game i'm into, really). Visual presentation via trailers alone is never enough for me, not to mention that there aren't 2 MKs, that feel the same (except for maybe Deception and Armageddon), so everyone has the potential to become my next favorite.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That won't become apparent until i get to own the game (this goes for every fighting game i'm into, really). Visual presentation via trailers alone is never enough for me, not to mention that there aren't 2 MKs, that feel the same (except for maybe Deception and Armageddon), so everyone has the potential to become my next favorite.
Yeah, like I said in the OP, these are mainly just characters that interest me the most based on what we’ve seen and what characters I know I like. But that also, everything is subject to change once I get my hands on the game and of course the characters. Except of course me using Smoke and Scorpion, gonna be using them regardless.

ThingFish

Dojo Trainee
From the revealed characters Baraka, Tanya, Omni-Man, Takeda. From the unrevealed ones, depending on how they end up being; Reptile, Nitara and Havik. Im having the opposite problem I had in 11, so many characters appeal to me, im only gonna be able to pick like 3 at launch to really try and learn lmao

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. Mileena
  2. Li Mei
  3. Smoke
  4. Reptile
But, sure, training with all others, to know matchups and to play with them all sometimes, in order to have fun and stress relief when not winning with your mains, hehe :p

Already base roster:

Li Mei for sure. Mi first MK was deception and Li Mei, Jade and Tanya we're my most played characters. Has been a while since last time I play her, so I'm ready for It.

Tanya, same reasons as Li Mei.

Kitana, she's my main on both MK9 and MKX and one of my fav ladies of MK. Didnt like her at all in MK11, so it's like she missed a game for me.

Leaked: Sindel. Main character on MK11 with Jade and Sonya.

Probably, but need to play with then before: Kenshi (looks really complex for me), Rain, Mileena and Reiko. Curious about Nitara, Ashrah and the last two non leaked characters Hope for Kano amd Sonya.

Kokoko

Somehow
Scorpion and Smoke.
I also really want to see Reiko in action, as I've been waiting for him in any NRS game for a very long time. And if Havik is playable, he's definitely on my list.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
BARAKA.

JK, Princess Mileena and Smoke of course. Will dabble with others most likely, depends who else is rush down. Regardless of combat style, I'm hype to see what the other rest of the ladies look like, especially Nitara. If she's a grappler it's over.

I know there has been limited information, especially considering the game for early release is only just over 7 weeks away. But from what you have seen, who are you looking to try out first? Do you already know who you’re looking to main? And this can also include the DLC characters or rumored/leaked characters as well.

Anyway, this is my list in order. Now, I’m 100% maining Smoke & Scorpion, but the rest is subject to change once I get my hands on the game and the characters.

My top 3 are the Lin Kuei legends:
1-Smoke
2-Scorpion
3-Sub-Zero

View attachment 20103

After those 3, these are the next in line:
4-Rain
5-Geras (if he’s in)
6-Homelander
7-Ermac
8-Takeda
9-Kenshi
10-Johnny Cage

Feel free to participate and post who you’ve got your eyes on!
That image of those 3 could make me vomit…but…you seem like a cool dude Juggs, I’m happy that you’re happy with it.

I think I am gonna go vomit though.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Anyway, this is my list in order.

1-Smoke
2-Scorpion
3-Sub-Zero
4-Rain
5-Geras (if he’s in)
6-Homelander
7-Ermac
8-Takeda
9-Kenshi
10-Johnny Cage
Just say everyone but the women lol.

Anyway here's my list so far:

1. Mileena
  2. Rain
  3. Tanya
  4. Smoke
  5. Any other 3D era character that doesn't look as boring as Li Mei. Ashrah/Havik/Nitara/Reiko etc

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Main Characters;

• Smoke
  • Ermac
i don't care where are these two on the tier list, they gonna be my most played characters. i am also interested in;

• Scorpion
  • Baraka
  • Havik
  • Nitara
Kameos;

• Kung Lao
  • Cyrax
  • Sektor

Marlow

Warrior
Raiden will likely be the first character I try. Maybe Ermac, although I'm going to wait to purchase any DLC unless they look interesting. I want to find a zoner/trap based character, or least some character that is low tier but has a crazy gimmick.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I want to find a zoner/trap based character, or least some character that is low tier but has a crazy gimmick.
Sounds like Quan...

and btw... Kitana is a Zoner trap based character that people thought was weakest of the beta, but had some pros owning people with her using her traps... probably be even stronger once we find the right assit foe her..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just say everyone but the women lol.

Anyway here's my list so far:

1. Mileena
  2. Rain
  3. Tanya
  4. Smoke
  5. Any other 3D era character that doesn't look as boring as Li Mei. Ashrah/Havik/Nitara/Reiko etc
None of the women in MK1 interest me so far.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That image of those 3 could make me vomit…but…you seem like a cool dude Juggs, I’m happy that you’re happy with it.

I think I am gonna go vomit though.
Why would that image make you vomit?