What's new

Who are you going to main?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I didn't play any of the betas, but going off a lot of videos I saw, I think I will be playing Marisa. Not a fan of her default outfit, but her alternate is immaculate big buff lady. I guess we'll see tomorrow after we're able to go through the roster and try them out, but I know myself pretty well by now. Special thanks to @Evil Canadian for breaking her down in this video and making me fall in love with her:

• Marisa
  • Cammy
  • ???
What about you guys?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Not sure when I’ll actually get the game, but when I do Manon seems interesting. Also Jamie, and A.K.I seem interesting.

I’m also curious to see who Punk, Justin Wong, and Fuudo end up maining, I typically like watching them play.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jamie is the only one I spent time on in the beta so definitely him. Also planning on playing Manon.

Curious to see how A.K.I. plays.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I played Ken in the betas (with a little Kimberly thrown in) but Marisa and Manon both look like characters I could get really into. Marisa especially has my attention, pretty much thanks to that sick ass animation where she pounds your head into the ground :oops:

Gimmie Sakura and Poison tho CAPCOM PLS

Bison. Failing that Vega. Seeing as how NEITHER have made the base roster.....im on hold pending DLC as no one i've seen has really caught my eye.

D

Deleted member 59910

Zangief, Blanka and Juri… I’m very excited to play Zangief after seeing Rooflemonger preview. @Evil Canadian man, I love your content and want you to know! Keep em coming.
My favorite SF character is Vega, so I’m praying for him to be in season 2 :p

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I played Ken in the betas (with a little Kimberly thrown in) but Marisa and Manon both look like characters I could get really into. Marisa especially has my attention, pretty much thanks to that sick ass animation where she pounds your head into the ground :oops:

Gimmie Sakura and Poison tho CAPCOM PLS
Marisa I can already tell is going to be one of THE most popular newcomers Capcom has made since the original SF2 days. I'm sure she won't be super loved in the minds of players getting their heads bashed in by armored everything, but hoo boi are people loving the hell out of her design so far. And that alternate costume? Amazing.

Anyway, I'm sure JP and Juri will end up in my rotating cast of played characters too. Been watching more footage of JP in which he looks terrifying, and he's the only other true zoner of the cast aside from boring ass Guile and Dhalsim.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Man Marisa is fun! Make them guess in the corner hehehe projectiles? No worries. She eats those.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Picking a main for me is easy..... I'm no pro... it is more important for me to "like" the character I play. Any roster slot will be good enough for me.... tier lists and all that other crap is just that.. total BS.. unless you are some kind of pro. I ran Sakura and Dan most for SF4 (I skipped 5) and dan being the worst in the game never hurt me winning a but load of matches with him.

Look at the roster... which os the bets looking, has the coolest moves, best outfits or personality.... that is how to pick your main. Takes like 5 seconds. After watching the trailers you already know who you like.. just play them.

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I always split my time between Ryu, Chun Li, and Zangief in that order.

Picking a main for me is easy..... I'm no pro... it is more important for me to "like" the character I play.
That's my biggest problem. I like too many characters that I can never choose one. I "main" half the roster of Injustice 2.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Hey... lack of balance is a feature now! Players are expected to have a tool box. Loyalists are from a bygone era.

Anansi416

Tarkat Lead Cook
Deejay, Lily, Zangief maybe Manon or Kimberly.

I really like Deejay and Lily...she reminds me of Talim from Soul Calibur a lot with all the fancy wind attacks and dual club wielding.

Marisa and Cammy are great choices...Cammy feels really smooth to play as V!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Diamond Rank JP checking in.

Thinking of eventually trying Manon and Dhalsim if he isn't as trash as he seems, but hours and hours of JP until MK1 launches.