What's new

Who Are These People? The Injustice 2 Character Select Screen Discussion

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Even tho these could be fake silhouettes, ill try. Going straight across the top, then bottom.
1. Beast Boy
2. Starfire
3. Joker
4. Captain Cold
5. Aquaman
6. Atrocitus
7. Batman
8. Superman
9. Grodd
10. Supergirl
11. Riddler
12. Dr. Fate
13. Red Hood
14. Black Manta (The head looks like it was oblong and quickly cropped)
15. Plastic Man
16. Black Canary
17. Firestorm
18. Sinestro
19. Ace or Harley Quinn (added harley since she is soft confirmed)
20. Wonder Woman
21. Penguin
22. Brainiac
23. Amazo
24. Flash
25. Ras' Al Guul
26. Green Lantern (Not sure which one)
27. Captain Atom (PLEASE!!!!)
28. Darkseid (Cant really see the silhouette cause of the logo, so hoping)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
#3 has to be The Question...

Prominent in Blue Beetle and Ed Boon hint Blue Beetle to be in.

And who the hell else looks like just some guy in a fedora lmao

#4 Swamp Thing maybe? Kinda looks not human with gills on neck

Admired

Noob
Let me start by saying that I'm a huge Kitana fan and I main her in MKX, so that will be my reasoning for blindly assuming things. I know i'm reaching with this one, lol.

Anyways, I was watching the 15 minute game play of Injustice 2 that just released on IGN. When they were at the character selection screen, one of the silhouettes looked pretty similar to Kitana from MKX. I got pretty excited at the thought of her even being in the game.

When looking at a pic of Kitana and the silhouette, you'll notice how her hair is braided with two Chinese sticks; resembling the style she has from her original MKX costume. Her overall pose and even the shape of the armor on her shoulders look pretty convincing to me as well. You will see what I mean in the pics below. Not to mention, Scorpion was in the original Injustice game; so maybe they decided to add a female this time around from MK? It could all just be a coincidence, or maybe i'm onto something? Honestly, this can be anyone, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Character selection screen:

MKX Kitana/Silhouette Comparison:

IGN Injustice 2 video:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
...It is her, but it's a placeholder. Obama and Terminator silhouettes were on MKX, among others. It means nothing.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If you were around for the last silhouette guessing game TYM took part in then you'd know that they're not accurate. It's most likely there so that we CAN'T guess who's going to be in the game.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
At least we know there will be 28 characters at launch. Since they're bringing back move sets, I believe at least half of them will be returning characters. With MKX, they brought back 15 MK9 characters, almost twice as many as new characters. I'd say Joker, Arrow, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Lex, Doomsday, and Deathstroke are safe bets.

Tim Static

Adminerator
They are fake silhouettes come on now, everyone knows that. There's no point to this thread.
Thank you, it's well known.....but people will still discuss it & i'd rather it be in it's own thread so less of it will be in other discussions.

So to anyone who wants to post that in here....we know, just avoid this thread please.

The silhouettes mean nothing, Kitana is not going to be in Injustice 2.
Yes, but she very could well be. She is a MK legacy character, tho I don't think she'll be the MK character in I2.

PS- i merged that thread into this one :coffee:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes, but she very could well be. She is a MK legacy character, tho I don't think she'll be the MK character in I2.

PS- i merged that thread into this one :coffee:
Exactly, she's an MK legacy character. They already did the whole MK thing with Scorpion and if they learned anything from that I doubt they'd go that route again. I doubt there'll be an MK character this time at all.

Why though? The character select silhouettes shouldn't even be a discussion imo since we know they usually mean absolutely nothing lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Exactly, she's an MK legacy character. They already did the whole MK thing with Scorpion and if they learned anything from that I doubt they'd go that route again. I doubt there'll be an MK character this time at all.

Why though? The character select silhouettes shouldn't even be a discussion imo since we know they usually mean absolutely nothing lol.
No matter what we do, people will discuss it. And i'd rather it stay out of discussions about legit stuff.

But Scorpion sold very well. Of course they'll do it again. I wish they didn't add Scorp last time, but a character like Raiden would fit in with the DCU.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
No matter what we do, people will discuss it. And i'd rather it stay out of discussions about legit stuff.

But Scorpion sold very well. Of course they'll do it again. I wish they didn't add Scorp last time, but a character like Raiden would fit in with the DCU.
Will they? Most people know the select screen doesn't mean anything at this point.

Yeah because Scorpion is the face of Mortal Kombat and he was considered extremely good on release. Noone's asking for Kitana in Injustice 2, it's all Spawn and DC characters.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

What they probably learned from Scorpion in Injustice 1 was that he was the highest selling DLC character. I don't think Kitana will be in the game though. I would say there's a good chance of 1 MK character being DLC again though. Companies like to make money.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Will they? Most people know the select screen doesn't mean anything at this point.

Yeah because Scorpion is the face of Mortal Kombat and he was considered extremely good on release. Noone's asking for Kitana in Injustice 2, it's all Spawn and DC characters.
On TYM maybe. But remember there is MILLIONS of other people who play the game casually, buys the game & DLC then is done with it after they beat the game or the DLC is out. The competitive scene will always be the minority with NRS games, but as long as the MILLIONS, AND MILLIONS....buy the game, they'll cater to them first, but keep us interested too.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Throwing out a wild guess here but I think about maybe 1/3 of those character silhouettes, may just be a caucasian man, maybe in his late 20s, early 30s, wearing some kind of mysterious get up... hopes that helps narrow it down!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You know, I don't like to insult people's intelligence but these are clearly fake as hell. These have never turned out to be actual characters.

I mean, within seconds I saw that the bottom far left was just a Silhouette of David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust.

And under Grodd is Mad Max from Road Warrior

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
One thing is sure...

None of these silhouttes are Black Manta.