What's new

Who are the top 5 players?

There's always lots of chat on who the top tier characters are, but who are the top 5 players? Discuss.

1. SonicFox
2. Semij
3. Dragon
4. Theo
5. Biohazard
I agree with the people you picked but I think the order is wrong semij would be 4th for 1 reason he is nowhere near as consistent as theo or dragon. With theo never missing a top 8 and dragon has only really missed 1-2 top 8 at an offline event and won evo. Semij has neither won a major or been extraordinarily consistent. But yeah player wise I agree.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I like to defend Dragon as number 1 for winning evo. Isn't that the point of evo?
The analogy that Evo is like the "Super Bowl" of fighting games is completely asinine if all the same players are showing up and making all the same top 8's everywhere else too. Sure Evo should have more clout than most any other tournament but not so much so that it overrides someone else winning the vast majority of everything else attended by pretty much the same competition.

Thingy

Retired account
My personal top 5 in order at the moment:

1. Sonic Fox
2. Dragon
3. Theo
4. White Boi
5. Semiij

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
All we know is that Sonic is number one to be completely honest. Just about everyone else uses Deadshot except Semiij from what I've seen, and Deadshot simply doesn't require skill. It's just a fact. Only Sonic uses a balanced character, and he's slaying the game right now. So none of them really even deserve a spot anywhere near Sonic IMO.