What's new

Question Who Are Some of The Biggest Downplayers?

Biggest downplaying community?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
I vote for:

"Yeah but we're talking about unsafe 50/50s that require meter to launch. The flip is the only move that is mostly safe, but it's just 7%"
Yeah, but that's not a lie.

It's not my fault that the average TYM poster doesn't understand why Alien is good. There's a reason no one listed me as a top downplayer, or people were putting other communities ahead of the Alien community.

A lot of TYM can't see past their own ceiling. If a character is good "it has to be run cancel or fiddy fiddy". Lol, most of TYM will tell you that Takeda's best asset is his "hard to blockable".

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Yeah, but that's not a lie.

It's not my fault that the average TYM poster doesn't understand why Alien is good. There's a reason no one listed me as a top downplayer, or people were putting other communities ahead of the Alien community.

A lot of TYM can't see past their own ceiling. If a character is good "it has to be run cancel or fiddy fiddy". Lol, most of TYM will tell you that Takeda's best asset is his "hard to blockable".
Just because it's not a lie doesn't mean it's not downplaying. Didn't you say you were gonna stay off TYM for a month or so?

Tweedy

Noob
Just because it's not a lie doesn't mean it's not downplaying. Didn't you say you were gonna stay off TYM for a month or so?
What is downplaying about it?

What you quoted is absolute fact.

I was gonna stay off TYM but I figured i'd just stay on and try to be a little more positive with my posts, try not to get into huge shitstorms like I did with Khaotik.

This post seems more like a dig at me than anything else, especially since you started asking me about why I didn't leave TYM. What I posted and what I do post about Alien is correct. You'll never be able to question that because it's true and you probably don't have him unlocked.

Pig said I can get 2-3 matches on RHS this week. If you want beef, i'm not vegan. Lets go. @Pig Of The Hut

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
What is downplaying about it?

What you quoted is absolute fact.
You're listing off shit that is to be expected for characters. Not having a safe 50/50 armored launcher is not a downside to a character. It's just not a busted upside for said character. I could say that Sub's slide doesn't launch for a combo (on a variation that isn't shit) and is unsafe on block but the implication from my statement would then be that Sub's slide is a bad move, which it is not.

I was gonna stay off TYM but I figured i'd just stay on and try to be a little more positive with my posts, try not to get into huge shitstorms like I did with Khaotik.
As you proceed to say the majority of users on this forum are shitters, make wild assumptions about me, and challenge me to a grudge match like that has anything to do with the thread. Yeah that's keeping it positive, bro.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
If it's a fact, is it actually downplaying though?
The really good downplay, the kind that ruins threads and gets people furious, is based in fact but it's portrayed in a light that is deceiving. The really good downplaying can win theory fighting arguments against less-knowledgeable people. I would argue some of the more notorious communities with known personalities that champion their characters are very good at this kind of downplaying. Pre-patch Quan community was riddled with it. Kabal community was riddled with it. Wound is not a good example even though he pisses people off because no one, not even Shinnok players, buys his crap.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think it would be easier to vote for the least downplaying community.

That would definitely be Quan Chi.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Reptile isn't the most, and there are not too much, but I question if Reptile down players are high as hell while typing

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Lol, does anyone realize how useless that change actually is lol?
that does have its uses tbh. B1 db2, b3 db2, etc. His mixup game would be even more powerful which is useless for him to have. He already has safe mixup and armor breaker. My point is that it's unnecessary

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
TFW when you said you'd slap him, but liked the post. Quan Chi, come turn me into a Revenant now, I have done stupid. In all seriousness though, the rest of his post was good. Just not that part.
Nothing good about that post. He underrestimates Kano's footsie. Like if we make his 50/50s unsafe CT Kano loses to everyone :confused:

ando1184

Noob
Nothing good about that post. He underrestimates Kano's footsie. Like if we make his 50/50s unsafe CT Kano loses to everyone :confused:
Let me correct you right there son, within that same post I stated that kano's core game is about his footsie fundamentals. Sorry you didn't understand that part I guess, but I know exactly what Kano is. I've mained the character day 1 (not day 2, not week 1, not kp1/2 day 1 but day fucking 1). I said the things I did because I looked at the character's "design" collectively, and unlike the majority of the "characters" (not variations) in this game, CT was designed with being a safe 50/50 character. Now that that's out of the way let me say something bout all you dick riding yoyo's that don't know shit about me and treat me with the tym special. I've played fighting games all my life, tekken specifically, and for you to think one second that you can't evolve as a player and limit yourselves to something someone else says. Well, smh bc you're only hurting yourselves and looking like complete assholes. I made one statement about something I'm quite confident about within this game, one thing and instead of just respecting it and letting go you fuckers create a meme party and cast stones like I'm a leper or something. Since I've played tekken I think it's help build a strong foundation as a fighting game player, especially with reactions. Look at all the Korean top players within that game, their reactions are insane, they literally react and punish 10f fucking moves! To say it's inhumanly possibly is an insult and offensive to those who have done it. These guys train and practice a lot and they visually show results for the time they put in. But one thing I know I'm exceptional at is labbing, which is what all matchup specific tech boils down to. I'm also unable to attend tourneys due to my obligations to my wife and two kids but that doesn't make me any less of a competent player like the rest of you guys. And on top of that, I still try and help out this community and share my findings or tech because of my love for the game and competition in general. But I guess I don't expect you guys to understand since this community is primarily made up of arrogant youngsters that can't grasp a fighting game without banking on their 50/50's and taking someone else's word for it over doing their homework. Before you make a posts that's "fun" to just blow someone up about it, think for a second and ask yourself "what if it was me?"

@SaltShaker @Eddy Wang @Lil Majin @D. R. Tell me guys, does tekken help with fundamentals, reactions, spacing and footsies or not? And how does it play as a factor towards your fighting game success?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@SaltShaker @Eddy Wang @Lil Majin @D. R. Tell me guys, does tekken help with fundamentals, reactions, spacing and footsies or not? And how does it play as a factor towards your fighting game success?
Fundamentals is the most important aspect of Tekken, reason why me and my friends still play TTT2 to this day its because tiers doesn't matter much there, as much as someone plays Heihachi, Armor King or Kazuya, if you know your way around movement which is the hardest mechanic to master (the basics), block punishing and footsies, your character will be produce any results you desire even against stronger players plus stronger characters.

Kinda wish every other fighting game was just as tekken in this department, sadly its a formulae that its kinda hard to replicate.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Let me correct you right there son, within that same post I stated that kano's core game is about his footsie fundamentals. Sorry you didn't understand that part I guess, but I know exactly what Kano is. I've mained the character day 1 (not day 2, not week 1, not kp1/2 day 1 but day fucking 1). I said the things I did because I looked at the character's "design" collectively, and unlike the majority of the "characters" (not variations) in this game, CT was designed with being a safe 50/50 character. Now that that's out of the way let me say something bout all you dick riding yoyo's that don't know shit about me and treat me with the tym special. I've played fighting games all my life, tekken specifically, and for you to think one second that you can't evolve as a player and limit yourselves to something someone else says. Well, smh bc you're only hurting yourselves and looking like complete assholes. I made one statement about something I'm quite confident about within this game, one thing and instead of just respecting it and letting go you fuckers create a meme party and cast stones like I'm a leper or something. Since I've played tekken I think it's help build a strong foundation as a fighting game player, especially with reactions. Look at all the Korean top players within that game, their reactions are insane, they literally react and punish 10f fucking moves! To say it's inhumanly possibly is an insult and offensive to those who have done it. These guys train and practice a lot and they visually show results for the time they put in. But one thing I know I'm exceptional at is labbing, which is what all matchup specific tech boils down to. I'm also unable to attend tourneys due to my obligations to my wife and two kids but that doesn't make me any less of a competent player like the rest of you guys. And on top of that, I still try and help out this community and share my findings or tech because of my love for the game and competition in general. But I guess I don't expect you guys to understand since this community is primarily made up of arrogant youngsters that can't grasp a fighting game without banking on their 50/50's and taking someone else's word for it over doing their homework. Before you make a posts that's "fun" to just blow someone up about it, think for a second and ask yourself "what if it was me?"

You went completely off topic and sorry to say but have reacted extremely emotional. Make a thread about it and blow people up and prove them wrong or whatever it is you got to do. But you don't need to write an essay flipping out on people on my own thread that mods would have no problem taking down cuz of something like this. Please good sir and thank you

Meep8345

Noob
Shinnok, kitana,takeda to an extent, Kano,Johnny,Sub-Zero,Smoke and mileena are the worst for downplaying. But I've seen some nutty stuff from the whole community. Ive seen kotals downplay (LMAO), pre patch Lao downplay,ermacs kenshi (He's actually shit tho so it's not actual downplay)goro, Liu kang,etc. Really every community has at one point said their character is bad or something like that. Every character in this game has nutty stuff even kitana's IAF's are kinda nutty, lao's 112124 can be nutty,etc. I think the community that's the worst tho def has to be Kitana actually. Literally any thread with anything to do with her people will ALWAYS say she's horrible. "Her staggers suck,you can tech grabs, zoning doesn't exist, she has no 50/50's, fans aren't that good, her jip1 isn't that good" like that character is way better than what people give her credit for.

ando1184

Noob
You went completely off topic and sorry to say but have reacted extremely emotional. Make a thread about it and blow people up and prove them wrong or whatever it is you got to do. But you don't need to write an essay flipping out on people on my own thread that mods would have no problem taking down cuz of something like this. Please good sir and thank you
Sorry to post it in here but when it gets brought up in an unrelated thread I should have the right to defend myself. Sorry to have had to post that here but when the subject keeps coming up it will eventually get on a personal level. No disrespect and I don't mean to derail but every man should defend themselves where it needs be.

Edit: but I've said my peace so I won't say anymore on it. I don't want your thread getting closed over the same bs topic.

Last edited:

TheGangstaFace

Shinnok, kitana,takeda to an extent, Kano,Johnny,Sub-Zero,Smoke and mileena are the worst for downplaying. But I've seen some nutty stuff from the whole community. Ive seen kotals downplay (LMAO), pre patch Lao downplay,ermacs kenshi (He's actually shit tho so it's not actual downplay)goro, Liu kang,etc. Really every community has at one point said their character is bad or something like that. Every character in this game has nutty stuff even kitana's IAF's are kinda nutty, lao's 112124 can be nutty,etc. I think the community that's the worst tho def has to be Kitana actually. Literally any thread with anything to do with her people will ALWAYS say she's horrible. "Her staggers suck,you can tech grabs, zoning doesn't exist, she has no 50/50's, fans aren't that good, her jip1 isn't that good" like that character is way better than what people give her credit for.
But she loses to blood God lawl. No but seriously yeah I agree. She isnt useless like people make her seem

TheGangstaFace

Sorry to post it in here but when it gets brought up in an unrelated thread I should have the right to defend myself. Sorry to have had to post that here but when the subject keeps coming up it will eventually get on a personal level. No disrespect and I don't mean to derail but every man should defend themselves where it needs be.

Edit: but I've said my peace so I won't say anymore on it. I don't want your thread getting closed over the same bs topic.
I suggest calling the people out on a thread of your own and showing video proof of you reacting or idk lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just out of boredom and curiosity I wanna know who you think as a community or a specific player in mind in this state of the game is the biggest downplayer of their character. Just for the sake of seeing the same answer over and over please exclude Wound lol.

Ex: There's a Takeda player I've played with that claims Ex Kunai HTB is easy to block

(Screenshots and quotes welcome)

Also left Scorpion off because let's face it he's solid, and Kenshi because sorry but he's bad. I don't need to go into detail, look at the threads and Pig lol. Triborg I just didn't have room for.Just comment Triborg I suppose.
Since you use Kenshi I think this was a konflict of interest. Thus you should have included him and let people decide. Not saying he is or isn't bad, just saying you should try to be impartial.