What's new

Which variation is the most 'useless'?

To clarify, I don't mean this in terms of "Which character+variation combination is the least viable in the game?'

Rather, I'm curious as to which variation folks believe adds the least utility to a base character. In layman's terms, of the variations which are scarcely a step up from just picking the 'no variation' version of that character, which provides the least improvement?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Imo one of the worst variations at the moment in the game is Fisticuffs. Since the nerf, it adds nothing to variationless Johnny, has zero pressure. There's absolutely no matchup where he is a better choice than SD or A-List.

And not only that, it also reduces to the minimum the utility of Cage's best normal, f3. Where the other variations get meterless pressure and blockstrings after it, he only gets f34 meterless as safe option.

So, it's one of those cases where picking no variation is almost the same as picking this particular variation.

#Fistibuffs

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Unstoppable Jason doesn't have the super armor.

So it's actually the most stoppable of the 3...

If he had the super armor it'd at least turn him into a DPS race chatacter due to his damage and health buffs and resurrection.
Lol shit I didn't know that - thought the super armor was a universal move.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
As someone that has been trying to make Warrior Predator work since day 1. I feel it's fairly safe to say Warrior Predator in it's current state is one of the worst in the game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fisticuffs Cage wins against Jason by default simply due to the nature of Cages tools but there is absolutely no reason to pick it over SD and a-list which both are really good. Same w/ Unbreakable Sub.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Unbreakable has no winning match ups.

Warrior has no winning match ups.

Slasher has no winning match ups.

Unstoppable has no winning match ups.

I believe all other variations in the game at least have one character or variation they beat.
I find it hard to believe that Predator's core toolset is as bad as Unstoppable. Unstoppable even takes away one of Jason's strongest tools.

Also who does Spectral win against?

ismael4790

Fisticuffs Cage wins against Jason by default simply due to the nature of Cages tools but there is absolutely no reason to pick it over SD and a-list which both are really good. Same w/ Unbreakable Sub.
I wouldn't say FC Cage wins at all. Which tools? xD
Fisticuffs is laughable since the nerf, everybody without snorlax reflexes can poke out of speedbag staggers and keep going.

Btw Jason is one of those who can armor through speedbag's gap.
So Jason has better reach, advancing strings, 50/50s, better damage and summarizing better tools than Fisticuffs Cage. Many people still don't realize how BAD this variation is now.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wouldn't say FC Cage wins at all. Which tools? xD
Fisticuffs is laughable since the nerf, everybody without snorlax reflexes can poke out of speedbag staggers and keep going.

Btw Jason is one of those who can armor through speedbag's gap.
So Jason has better reach, advancing strings, 50/50s, better damage and summarizing better tools than Fisticuffs Cage. Many people still don't realize how BAD this variation is now.
D4 fucks jason pretty free. Like if kenshi had johnnys D4 he would automatically beat jason. Jason is free to low profile moves and D4 which is extremely plus on hit gives johnny what he needs to win.

ismael4790

D4 fucks jason pretty free. Like if kenshi had johnnys D4 he would automatically beat jason. Jason is free to low profile moves and D4 which is extremely plus on hit gives johnny what he needs to win.
I have experience in this mathcup and I can tell you it is not bad for Jason.
D4 is godlike if you actually can follow it up with something. In the other two variations d4 on hit leads to free f3 and that has a purpose, because pressure comes after it (cancels, mimics...). In Fisticuffs, as I said up there, you can only follow up f3 with 4 (12% if it hits, and sends the enemy away) or nutpunch (unsafe on block) or exforceball (spending a bar for shit damage). So Fisticuffs does not get anything good or guaranteed after d4. Fisticuffs is not winning this spamming d4s.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have experience in this mathcup and I can tell you it is not bad for Jason.
D4 is godlike if you actually can follow it up with something. In the other two variations d4 on hit leads to free f3 and that has a purpose, because pressure comes after it (cancels, mimics...). In Fisticuffs, as I said up there, you can only follow up f3 with 4 (12% if it hits, and sends the enemy away) or nutpunch (unsafe on block) or exforceball (spending a bar for shit damage). So Fisticuffs does not get anything good or guaranteed after d4. Fisticuffs is not winning this spamming d4s.
To be clear, im talking about relentless and unstoppable Jason. The way johnnys normals are built completely outclass and snuff out anything Jason tries to do. And btw why can't he win using a lot of d4s? What's stopping him from using it a lot? He can also outzone jason pretty easy. There's not really anywhere on screen where jason has the advantage. Fisticuffs sucks big time but Jason sucks worse.