What's new

Question - TriBorg Which TriBorg Variation do YOU think will be the best based off gameplay we've seen so far?

Which Tri-Borg Variation do YOU think will be the best? (pre release guess)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, I know we have the discussion thread at the top but this is strictly a poll topic which I noticed hasn't been done.

To make it simple for everyone, just vote!

I'm curious to see what the results show. This is obviously pure, pre-release speculation but I have a sneaky suspicion Tri-Borg will not be the first DLC of KP2 released(if he's not last I'll be surprised)

I personally will take a shot in the dark here and say The Cyber Smoke or Smoke variation will be, just because I doubt we'll see Cyrax style OP as he was in MK 9...we can all see the storm coming if they repeated that, Sektor unless he has major, major buffs I don't see that variation being OP honestly, probably good but not "insanely top tier" calibur and Smoke we haven't seen a Cyber style for him since UMK3 as far as 2D. His Deception moves were very OP (smoke cloud anyone?) lol Now how cool would it be if they gave him both the chest spear and Smoke stun cloud? Just saying those possibilities could be sweet depending which route they take.

So vote!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I honestly think Cyrax will be the worst, just look at kenshi lol
The other returning MK9 top tiers(Kung Lao, Jax, Sonya, Johnny) are still strong as hell, so I don't think that's an apt conclusion to jump to.

Honestly, as long as they're all viable i'll be glad but I think it'll either be Cyrax(though I think they'll either make him too good or too bad) or Robot Smoke because he has the most hype and demand of the three, and will have the most new stuff.

As a long time Sektor fanboy I'm rooting for him though.

MKF30

Interesting how Cyrax and Smoke's are literally one vote apart, interesting.

I don't think Cyrax will be AS good as MK 9 Cyrax, Smoke however you know that fucker is going to have resets with that restand spear lol.

Sektor just looks flat out fun, again will probably be the most difficult to use of the 3 like MK 9.

My view after watching the trailer many times.

I also like how Cyber Smoke is literally a mix of UMK3 Smoke and MK 9 Smoke, you guys notice he has his ex MK 9 smoke teleport move back yet has spear back! I knew they were going to give him that! Had a feeling for months, I figured either that or the smokey cloud.

My prediction:

Cyber Smoke-will be the most OP overall, spammed.

Cyrax-will be the most typically used and mixed up with Smoke for popularity.

Sektor-will be the least used of the 3 but most fun and challenging to use.

Probably cyber smoke , im guessing cyrax will be the worst because nrs will be super scared to give him anything powerful ( look at kenshi)

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I remember when I first saw the trailer of Raiden thinking about how strong Displacer gonna be.
Things change...
I think that Smoke is very strong with his restand spear, however we have saw very little about them.
My hope is that all the three variation will be viable and enjoyable and that the character will be mid to high tier but not S+ tier.
Something between MK9 Smoke and MK9 Sektor but not MK9 Cyrax.

MKF30

I remember when I first saw the trailer of Raiden thinking about how strong Displacer gonna be.
Things change...
I think that Smoke is very strong with his restand spear, however we have saw very little about them.
My hope is that all the three variation will be viable and enjoyable and that the character will be mid to high tier but not S+ tier.
Something between MK9 Smoke and MK9 Sektor but not MK9 Cyrax.
Great post.

MKF30

I foresee resets for Cyrax and Smoke. Sektor IMO seems the best for zoning of the 3. Though I do think Cyber Sub looks rather interesting from what little we've seen.

I wonder if Cyber Sub's bombs are unblockable, Cyrax's isn't but that would be an incentive to use C. Sub I think.

REYTHEGREAT

I don't think cyber sub is part of tri borg. If so, shouldn't be called quadborg? I think they just added him to triborg just to tease him and testing purposes. He might be an unlockable character with his own 3 variations.

Aside from that, I would like to try smoke but he doesn't look strong though, we shall see. In the meantime, I'm liking cyrax

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
<<<<<

I kinda hope CSZ is just an extra variation of tri borg. So its just the one to learn. Hope he doesn't suck! Lord please don't suck! Your a dlc character made by nrs. Your supposed to be top 10 by nature. don't be an anomaly like Jason lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
honestly its to early to tell.

looks like Cyrax has some mixups with setups, that low bomb and double oh, seems like he is pre-nerfed, other than the OH and LOW might hit at same time, it may already be nerfed.

sektor seems to have great zoning, and his EX flame seems to be positive? that flame, i can see that being abused, but lets see how it plays. i love sektor, but dont want him to be Braindead.

Smoke is obviously my favorite, but cyrax was also a long time favorite, they really didnt show Smoke that much :(

at least we can see he has Vanish F/B dont know if its positive? smoke bomb for combos, spear normal for combo extender, and ex for easier combo extender. and some side switching normals, and the smoke bomb under him during normals will help with hard to guess pressure:)

Last edited:

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Ok, I know we have the discussion thread at the top but this is strictly a poll topic which I noticed hasn't been done.

To make it simple for everyone, just vote!

I'm curious to see what the results show. This is obviously pure, pre-release speculation but I have a sneaky suspicion Tri-Borg will not be the first DLC of KP2 released(if he's not last I'll be surprised)

I personally will take a shot in the dark here and say The Cyber Smoke or Smoke variation will be, just because I doubt we'll see Cyrax style OP as he was in MK 9...we can all see the storm coming if they repeated that, Sektor unless he has major, major buffs I don't see that variation being OP honestly, probably good but not "insanely top tier" calibur and Smoke we haven't seen a Cyber style for him since UMK3 as far as 2D. His Deception moves were very OP (smoke cloud anyone?) lol Now how cool would it be if they gave him both the chest spear and Smoke stun cloud? Just saying those possibilities could be sweet depending which route they take.

So vote!
Sektor's ex flame thrower has armor and seems to be plus on block

Smoke is my fav, that cloud string will be fun city for me!

I'm going to have to go with Sektor.

Cyrax looks fun but those crazy bomb combos don't seem to be reliable. I think his potential will be determined by the strength of his low/overhead hard to block game. That will make or break the character. Everything else just looks gimmicky.

Smoke has some good tools and his teleport might give him an edge in escaping the high pressure that's so common in this game, but I just can't see him being top tier. His teleport looks awfully slow, even the EX version. We'll have to see him in an actual match but unless he has some really strong and safe normals I'm not getting excited.

Cyber Sub-Zero... while I liked the character in MK9 and am glad to see him come back, I think we've got enough divekick characters in the game. I'm not sure what he can bring to the table, especially since the drone just appears to enhance his specials, it's not like Sonya's drone or Quan's bat.

Sektor looks very interesting though. With the air dash he reminds me a little of Lex Luthor in Injustice. He has great projectiles and a great teleport. Putting armor-breaking missiles on yourself seems like it could be abused for Grandmaster-style corner mindgames. And EX flamethrower appears to be a fantastic spacing/anti-air tool.

No idea how all these characters will play out, but Sektor looks like he's got the most dirt so far. Cyrax can go either way. Smoke looks solid, but underwhelming.

Then again I predicted Ermac, Jacqui, and Jason would be top-tier so nobody should ever listen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.