What's new

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

• CD Jr.

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • DJT

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • GGA Dizzy

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • REO

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Theo

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Wound Cowboy

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 54 20.0%

• Total voters

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I was refering to the NRS games he plays. I've only seen him use Reptile and maybe Noob in MK9. And I've seen him use only Green Arrow and post-patch Scorpion in Injustice.
He also used pre-patch black Adam and tried using batgirl post patch

Even though this is a thread born out of poor sportsmanship, I voted for REO. No1 could quite play Kabal at his level, and he's good with other characters.

Surprised to not see PL, Tyrant and f0xy on this last but ces't le vie.

Even though this is a thread born out of poor sportsmanship, I voted for REO. No1 could quite play Kabal at his level, and he's good with other characters.

Surprised to not see PL, Tyrant and f0xy on this last but ces't le vie.
Pl's playstyle heavily relies on reads instead of relying on all aspects of a players' skills. That is also why PL has a playstyle that only works for a very few people. He is one of the only fighting game players who will make a read and actually go for it completely. A lot of players do not understand this kind of playstyle and do not approve of it at all and would label it random, which I don't think is true at all. I on the other hand think that is a very admirable trait.

He is not really known for crazy footsies, patience, knowledge etc.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Not counting Chris G cos, no offence to the guy, I consider him a Capcom player who plays NRS games on the side, just like SonicFox is an NRS player who plays anime games on the side.

So,
1st: REO
2: DJT
3: Cowboy
4: CDJR
5: Tyrant

Pl's playstyle heavily relies on reads instead of relying on all aspects of a players' skills. That is also why PL has a playstyle that only works for a very few people. He is one of the only fighting game players who will make a read and actually go for it completely. A lot of players do not understand this kind of playstyle and do not approve of it at all and would label it random, which I don't think is true at all. I on the other hand think that is a very admirable trait.

He is not really known for crazy footsies, patience, knowledge etc.
I can concede that. He has a very fast, overwhelming type of play, and sometimes he goes all in. Playing safe is not in the mans repertoire. That's how he play's Kung Lao....when he used to play Raiden I think he fell more on spacing and whiff punishing. I could see him using KL and Raiden again in MK X as they seem catered to his playstyle(s).

Vagrant

Noob
Dude I know I'm biased..

But Slips not being on this list is baffling.

I would say it's between him and dizzy.

Shoutouts to Wound, Denzell, Malik, and 16 Bit too.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Dude I know I'm biased..

But Slips not being on this list is baffling.

I agree, Slips deserves to be on the list for sure, I dont think thats biased of you ... Slips, Maxter, Chris G and Riu48 should DEFINITLEY be in the mix...

CRKFIEND

Noob
What ever happened to him, do you know? I think the only people around from those days are @Krayzie, @General M2Dave (who went by Igniz or something, iirc), @Konqrr, you, and I. Maybe the @CRKFIEND guy but I don't know if he's the same player.

It'd be interesting to see how that kid would stack up these days, I think of him as the Sonic Fox of that era.
I'm not the same player as Versa, but I remember playing LOADS of games against him back in the day. Good guy. His Sub-zero was on point. I don't remember his last name, but his first name was Chris. I'm definitely around, just more of a sad lurker. I tend to make appearances around the scene when the games are hot, then disappear into obscurity. Quite honestly i love a wide variety of games, and get hooked to most of them... :( #Gamerwoes

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Shameless Blow Up

SonicFox must have really gotten to you for you to make this thread man lol.

Fool, stop instigating. Sonic Fox has nothing to do with this thread. The community already knows that his fundamentals are mediocre.

Anyway, my candidates are Cowboy, Theo, Rico, and 16 Bit.

So the argument with Sonix Fox saying " he doesn't have good fundamentals" made you create this topic of discussion? If you would had beat Sonix Fox, would you even create this topic of discussion?

Lol wow he actually made a thread after our argument
@SonicFox5000 @General M2Dave

So Dave after that win of ESL using primarily Kitana, a non 50-50 character, and his dominance overall in MKX and other games, do you still think SonicFox ranks around 27th best in fundamentals in the NRS community like you said before MKX came out.

I'd love to hear your response. I haven't smiled enough today and need a good laugh.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Shameless Blow Up

So Dave after that win of ESL using primarily Kitana, a non 50-50 character, and his dominance overall, do you still think SonicFox ranks around 27th best in fundamentals like you said before MKX came out.

I'd love to hear your response. I haven't smiled enough today and need a good laugh.
U forgot to note that Kitana is a zoning character lol

I don't dislike m2dave, he's cool in my book but this is funny.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Shameless Blow Up

So Dave after that win of ESL using primarily Kitana, a non 50-50 character, and his dominance overall in MKX and other games, do you still think SonicFox ranks around 27th best in fundamentals in the NRS community like you said before MKX came out.

Lmao!!!! I had forgotten all about this thread lol. Nice way to end the night.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

I believe Sonic Fox had a superb performance at ESL this weekend. He exhibited tremendous knowledge of Kitana's zoning and footsies. He clearly outplayed every other player at this tournament and is well-deserving of the $60,000.

However, I still have my opinions about Sonic Fox and this tournament, opinions that are perhaps best left unshared at this very moment given the amount of blind fanaticism and prompt overreaction by the average TYM user.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
unshared at this very moment given the amount of blind fanaticism and prompt overreaction by the average TYM user.
Promt overreaction huh? Something you surely have never ever been guilty of. Ever right? Ever ever? Not every post about a character?

This isn't blind fanaticism Dave. It's realism. This is less about SonicFox and more about you're comically large ego regarding your opinions. We're always the fools though, eh?

Continue putting your foot in your mouth Dave. I'm serious, it's become one of my favorite constant repeats of history on TYM. ;)