What's new

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

• CD Jr.

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • DJT

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • GGA Dizzy

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • REO

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Theo

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Wound Cowboy

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 54 20.0%

• Total voters

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I believe Sonic Fox had a superb performance at ESL this weekend. He exhibited tremendous knowledge of Kitana's zoning and footsies. He clearly outplayed every other player at this tournament and is well-deserving of the $60,000.

However, I still have my opinions about Sonic Fox and this tournament, opinions that are perhaps best left unshared at this very moment given the amount of blind fanaticism and prompt overreaction by the average TYM user.
A couple of months ago I would have agreed but even you have to admit that the level of play is greatly improving. I dunno if it's just me but I'm starting to see great fundamentals from a lot of players, even PL seemed to have improved a lot at the ESL tournament despite not coming top 3 and slowed down his play when necessary instead of going his usual crazy play style all the time.

Like I said I dunno if it's just me but I'm seeing a lot more than just "run in 50/50" now. Sonic fox definitely has great fundamentals and his results prove it, even if the ESL online tourney was bull it's not like it's the only tourney he's won.

djt and sf
not sure who's better but my vote goes for djt. However sf is still somewhat more talented I'd say. I'd say that djt probably trains more imo. But I could be wrong cause really I don't know.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
You'll get responses of anything from "basics of spacing or punishing" all the way to "knowing that I know that he knows that I know he's gonna do this move."

Good luck finding your answer.
Ahh, I see. Thanks. Confused because they said SF5000 had bad fundamentals at the beginning of this thread but he wins, which is the name of the game. Just trying to see what they were so I give them a look.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Noob question: What are fundamentals?
Spacing , game knowledge , poking , counterpoking , anti airing , execution , awareness , reaction speed , there's a lot of things you can consider "fundementals"

At the end of the day the win is all that matters

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I am going to ask once more: what are fundamentals? I know footsies are included; I know setplay isn't included. Does anybody have the guts to give a concise, thorough explanation?

Edit: I just saw @Im Tweakk was already answering the question. Still, it's pretty vague. I get the idea people mention "fundamentals" and they aren't even talking about the same thing.

Actually best fundamentals imo is easily pnd ketchup. Also wtf with everyone saying sonic fox magically got better fundamentals? Winning doesnt always prove or even require good fundamentals in nrs games. Hes a good player, i cheer for him and i enjoy watching his kitana, but i wouldnt get ahead of yourselves hes still got a lot to learn in terms of fighting games in general. Not tryna hate.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Actually best fundamentals imo is easily pnd ketchup. Also wtf with everyone saying sonic fox magically got better fundamentals? Winning doesnt always prove or even require good fundamentals in nrs games. Hes a good player, i cheer for him and i enjoy watching his kitana, but i wouldnt get ahead of yourselves hes still got a lot to learn in terms of fighting games in general. Not tryna hate.
Umm, he dominates every fighting game that he plays, NRS or not. What exactly are these things he still has to learn in terms of fighting games in general? How to lose? Maybe he will learn that someday if anyone can actually find a way to beat him...

Umm, he dominates every fighting game that he plays, NRS or not. What exactly are these things he still has to learn in terms of fighting games in general? How to lose? Maybe he will learn that someday if anyone can actually find a way to beat him...
lmao stay free