What's new

Poll Which MKXL character has the strongest stagger string game?

Which character has the strongest stagger string game?

• Total voters

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Its not the best in the game but Ferra Torrs is pretty good. B12 is a 10 frame mid that is zero on block with good range and B121 is a relatively easy confirm into full combo.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I don't know why people is mentioning A-List. He's great with cancels, not that much with staggers.

I think Mileena and Kotal have the best stagger strings in the game now.
Non cutthroat Kano's b1 prepatch was good too.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I cry every time i face a jacqui and they press Standing 1.....Because stagger city here we go...lol
I feel like alot of characters have good staggers but imo jacqui or jax would take the cake.
you are not poking jacqui enough!

Her S1 is a high...a very high high :-P

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Jax takes this easy. He doesn't just stagger into more strings. He staggers in to a weird defensive guessing game. You not only have to block high/low but also worry about when to duck or not to try get out of his plus/safe shenanigans. I hate blocking him slightly more than DF LK and D'vorah.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ironically I'm pretty sure the only reason NRS changed Kano's regular B1 was because the Kano forums themselves complained that Sun God Kotal could tick his B1 into a command grab but Commando Kano couldn't.

Kano players literally Bret Hart'd Kano.
To be fair vanilla b1 was nerfed because of Takeda and Quan. Both which now have good pokes. So there's that.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I too am surprised by the amount of Cage votes. Seems like Jax players do nothing but stagger for 20 minutes straight. Not only does he do 11, 11, 1,1,11, 12, 11, 12,111,111312313, or whatever....he has that D1D2.

Hell I think Reptile staggers more than Johnny.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Reptile has great staggers, but nobody ever respects them lol. Save for maybe F41 and F21 but neither are even plus.

I actually find myself finishing out 2124 more often than not because 21 is rarely respected.

Johnny Briggs.

Jaxxy Cage.

It's not asking who has the most. It's asking whos ar ethe best. So yeah. Jax and Johnny.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Reptile has great staggers, but nobody ever respects them lol. Save for maybe F41 and F21 but neither are even plus.

I actually find myself finishing out 2124 more often than not because 21 is rarely respected.
I feel like everytime I try to jab out I eat the ender, and every time I think the ender is coming he staggers all day. I fucking hate Reptile.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
To be fair vanilla b1 was nerfed because of Takeda and Quan. Both which now have good pokes. So there's that.
Sadly, the same happend with fisticuffs, when he could destroy quan and takeda with speedbag staggers.
They both got better pokes (and many members of the cast) but speedbag remains unfairly nerfed...

Meep8345

Noob
Jax,Lao, Jacqui, or Johnny
Jacqui has the strongest staggers but jax can get it started a lot easier. Lao is well Lao lol. Johnny doesn't have really strong staggers it's just his insane pressure combined with staggers that make him a nightmare. Overall I feel like Jax or Johnny has the best staggers just because of how easy it is for them to get it started and what they can do with them.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Wait before I vote let's get this clear. Is this including cancels? A lot of you are assuming it is, and if it is then that changes things. Johnny only really has the 11 stagger but his cancels are insane.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Sorry to be the idiot here but... what is a stagger?

I've never heard this term before when discussing fighting games.
I know what a stagger is in Dark Souls...

Wigy

There it is...
Don't know how you could put jc above jax in this. Jc might have better pressure in other ways but staggers, jax is the man. +2 on a 6 frame jab with a last hit overhead. Hell even his d12 is a nightmare if you know how to use it. Jc's game is all + frame not staggers.

Honestly i think kotal is way better in terms of staggers maybe even than jax, 9 frame mid with great range that catches dodgy pokes and jump outs, add a command grab and low overhead mixups with his variations and its a nightmare. If you're too respectful of staggers and you're guna take a 114 air grab into the same situation.

Think d'vora has better staggers than jc even, jc doesnt really rely on staggers

TYM just looking for reasons to hate on cage again it seems, staggers are stopping before the end of a string in order to create mind games. Jc can only stagger 11. Cancels are something entirely different,

Last edited: