Votes: 14 18.7%
  • MKX(L)

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • MK11

Votes: 24 32.0%

• Total voters

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Depends on what we are rating. As far as shock factor and satisfaction of actually pulling them off, MK2 had the best. There was NOTHING like the feeling off pulling off that Kintaro Fatality with Shang Tsung on someone. For those who don't know, you had to hold down the LP button for 30 seconds, which means you basically had to hold the button down for the entire round. You couldn't do any specials because of this, so it was fairly difficult.

Aside from the Kintaro Fatality, just EVERYTHING was brought to the next level in MK2. Kung Lao's Hat Split, Liu Kang's Dragon Morph, Reptile's Tongue Decapitation, Jax's Head Clap etc. Not to mention, that game introduced Friendships, Babalities and more stage Fatalities.

MK2 was fucking amazing.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
hard to tell, depends of the character involved .... you can have one great fatality of certain character in a specific game, while other great one, it's on another MK game ..... there is no an unique simple game that would have the majority of best fatalities of the franchise series on it, hehe

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
My vote to MK9, feels like they had the most personality and made the best use of the character's abilities. (Except for some outliers, like Ermacs sudden ability to shrink the opponent? ) They were fun to watch as well and fairly quick.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I voted MK2. Liu Kang's dragon fatal was the first one I saw and it's still my favourite to this day.
I voted 11 because of the graphics but I think it was MK2 that had the multiple staged Sub Zero fatality that froze the bottom half up to the neck them shattered the bottom and then uppercuted the head off in second phase.

But in 11 they have really good ones just some of them have lame endings with the freeze time thing. Like kotals run up and kick head off is dope but imo the totem dropping on the head isn't necessary and kinda makes it lame.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
MK11s drag on too long and most of them don't even make sense. I'll have to say the only ones I legitimately like are Double Trouble, Ice-Cutioner, Still Got it, Kotal's Lion one, and Shang's Kintaro one, literally EVERYTHING else can jump into a fucking ditch.
The entire 3D era(excluding MK4) is out the question but still better than 11. MK9 represents the characters well being a reboot and rank up quite high. As for the original trilogy, MK3's were too...weird for my liking. The other two are alright.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
MK9 by far . The camera angles and the close ups made the fatalities look so real . Like when kung lao cut the opponent in half and all the blood look so slimy lol And that kenshi fatal interactable with the camera lol Ho , and babies and stage fatalities . Not even a argument by my part , Nk9 all the way .

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Mostly the classic fatalities from MK2 and MKT are the best, because of their originality and shock value at the time.

That being said most of my all time favourite fatalities have come from the latest 3 games.

Noob's Make a wish is easily my favourite of 9, but Kabals Hook Up, both of Kenshi's, Ermac's shrinking one for comedy value and Sektor's The Scarecrow are honorable mentions.

In MKX, Kenshis one where he makes mince meat of you is amazing, but honestly i can only remember brutalities besides that atm.

11 has some cringe ones but by god, Kabal's running fatality, Noob's "Injection" Fatality, Liu Kang's one inch punch, BOTH of kung laos, shang's kintaro one (Basically invalidates any other fatality they could have possibly given him), Jax's Baseball one, both of scorpions, Frost's Cyber initiative, Geras's skin peeler and many others are just instantly iconic IMO.

I would have included Cassie's kick to the nuts but it's not original.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I voted MK2 overall. Nostalgia and not a whole ton of “recycled” animations (like UMK3 where the end result of them was just parts, skeleton or missing head/pieces). Plus shock factor back then and the crazy stuff like Kung Lao’s hat slice lol

MK11 brings in a close second for me

portent

Noob
I'm with most here: MK2 had the best, and likely the most iconic fatalities save for 2;

Sub-Zero's Spine Rip
Scorpion's Toasty

Both of these have been re-created over and over again in multiple games.

For sheer shock value, though, nothing beats the original MK1 Spine rip. Nothing like that had ever been done, and for the time, it was ultra realistic.

MK2 because not only were they the first true shocking fatalities, there were babalities and friendships. On top of that you didn't have all day to tea bag, press the menu button to look up the fatality input, then walk around and finally perform the fatality. NRS needs to back to only leaving about 5 seconds to enter the fatality. Its ridiculous having to stand there dazed for a 30 seconds and then waiting for the damn fatality to end. I quit after every match I lose so I don't have to sit for that shit.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Don't know the best but the worst is definetely armageddon. Quan Chi's leg rip from mk4 is one my all time favourites. Endless pain..

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
MK2 and then MK1. I remember when people discovered the fatalities for the first time in MK was nothing we ever seen. MK2 took that to the next level. After that, that whole shock value and trying to discovered was never the same after MK2.