What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kano Which Kano in which matchup?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I main JC with Kano as my 2nd up and i say Cybernetic gives Johny a much harder time since I can't jump the knifes at all

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Well I guess it's time I updated my list.
Cassie: Cybernetic
D'Vorah: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, I'd go with Cutthroat just because of the damage.
Ermac: Cutthroat
Erron Black: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, I think all variations of Kano have Erron's number but Cutthroat is probably the best since he can punish the Overhead, low, gunshot string with F4 DB1 Ex for alot of damage
Ferra Torr: Cybernetic or Commando, I don't really know but Cybernetic seems like he'd do the best.
Goro: IDK, Cybernetic probably.
Jacqui: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, Cybernetic for if you want to zone her out and Cutthroat to abuse her shitty wakeups.
Jason: Cybernetic or Cutthroat(maybe Commando). RIP in pieces for Jason, he gets rekt.
Jax: Cybernetic
Johnny Cage: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, Kano in general handles him pretty well.
Kenshi: Cutthroat
Kitana: Cybernetic
Kotal Kahn: Cybernetic
Kung Jin: Cutthroat
Kung Lao: Cutthroat, I don't buy the reasoning for Commando unless they don't know the MU.
Liu Kang: Cutthroat
Mileena: Cutthroat
Predator: Cybernetic for Hunter and warrior, Cutthroat for Lazerz.
Quan Chi: Cutthroat
Raiden: Cybernetic or Cutthroat
Reptile: Cybernetic
Scorpion: Cutthroat
Shinnok: Cutthroat
Sonya: Cybernetic
Sub Zero: Cybernetic or Cutthroat if you know the MU well.
Takeda: Cutthroat, if you play an offensive Cybernetic then you can make it work but otherwise stick to Cutthroat.
Tanya: IDK
Tremor: IDK but probably Cybernetic

Total Count(Crossing over can occur, like both Cutthroat and Cybernetic are good for cage):
MUs where you would use:
Cybernetic: 17
Cutthroat: 18
I'm a Commando Non-believer so: 2

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Well I guess it's time I updated my list.
Cassie: Cybernetic
D'Vorah: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, I'd go with Cutthroat just because of the damage.
Ermac: Cutthroat
Erron Black: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, I think all variations of Kano have Erron's number but Cutthroat is probably the best since he can punish the Overhead, low, gunshot string with F4 DB1 Ex for alot of damage
Ferra Torr: Cybernetic or Commando, I don't really know but Cybernetic seems like he'd do the best.
Goro: IDK, Cybernetic probably.
Jacqui: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, Cybernetic for if you want to zone her out and Cutthroat to abuse her shitty wakeups.
Jason: Cybernetic or Cutthroat(maybe Commando). RIP in pieces for Jason, he gets rekt.
Jax: Cybernetic
Johnny Cage: Cybernetic or Cutthroat, Kano in general handles him pretty well.
Kenshi: Cutthroat
Kitana: Cybernetic
Kotal Kahn: Cybernetic
Kung Jin: Cutthroat
Kung Lao: Cutthroat, I don't buy the reasoning for Commando unless they don't know the MU.
Liu Kang: Cutthroat
Mileena: Cutthroat
Predator: Cybernetic for Hunter and warrior, Cutthroat for Lazerz.
Quan Chi: Cutthroat
Raiden: Cybernetic or Cutthroat
Reptile: Cybernetic
Scorpion: Cutthroat
Shinnok: Cutthroat
Sonya: Cybernetic
Sub Zero: Cybernetic or Cutthroat if you know the MU well.
Takeda: Cutthroat, if you play an offensive Cybernetic then you can make it work but otherwise stick to Cutthroat.
Tanya: IDK
Tremor: IDK but probably Cybernetic

Total Count(Crossing over can occur, like both Cutthroat and Cybernetic are good for cage):
MUs where you would use:
Cybernetic: 17
Cutthroat: 18
I'm a Commando Non-believer so: 2
You will believe, some day.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Try low profile them constantly on reaction half screen

Ex SK knocks opponent away and they can tech roll
Not on reaction. But on a read. I play dja all the time. He does well. And he will use ex sk from that half screen to bypass the knife. It doesn't always have to be on wake up. Its crazy fast

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
This thread needs to be revived:

These are my picks and these are VERY MUCH up for debate.

Cassie - Cyber. Keep her out, punish jump ins, etc. Agreed
D'vorah - Cyber. Cyber has a nice time but even knives in Commando and CT are enough to possibly frustrate her. I have no problem with this MU in commando but can see Cyber being a little better.
Ermac - Cutthroat. Outfootsie, pressure, big punishes. Agreed
Erron Black - Commado or Cutthroat. Hard to keep out (variation dependent). Can't do anything about db1 in CT. Easy to parry his pressure. Yep
Ferra/Torr - Cyber or Commando. Commando does really well, mid knives aren't needed to keep them out. Up close you have EX grabs and parries. This MU is very fun to play. A good F/T will place the NJP very well
Goro - Still exploring (ie getting telestomped). I feel Cyber or Cutthroat might be best.
Jacqui - Cyber or Cutthroat. Cyber can trade with FA guns all day and keep SG out.
Jason - Cutthroat. DB1 for days (100% safe). Abuse his slow pokes and movement.
Jax - Commando. Possibly Cyber, but commando forces him to second guess his pressure.
Johnny Cage - MAYBE Cutthroat. Another MU where db1 is 100% safe. I feel Commando does the worst.
Kano - All variations will win 100% of the time.
Kenshi - Cutthroat or Commando. Both can abuse him on knockdown.
Kitana - Cutthroat. DB1 is safe and can catch her jumping (EX for full combo), high knives are harder to jump than mid.
Kotal Kahn - Cyber keeps him out pretty well. Not to mention Up laser beats his JIP better then the B1 of Commando (I would assume; havent actually tested)
Kung Jin - No MU Exp. Kano doesn't give a hot shit about this MU actually. He has all of the tools to deal with Kung Jin. I've never had an issue against him in Commando so I havent tried the other variations vs him. This MU is prolly pretty even and manageable no matter the variation.
Kung Lao - Commando forces him to play patiently. Definitely; but a really good kung lao will simplify and heavily stagger their pressure sequence so that they can mix it up between high and low more and fuck you up for trying to parry. I would always play Commando in this MU; but I could see the value to CT for sure; you just have to try and be conscious ad read the spins.
Liu Kang - Not enough MU Exp. He's got a lot of stuff commando can parry and he doesn't give too much of a fuck about cyber knives. I would say CT or Commando prolly.
Mileena - Cutthroat plays the better footsie game with db1 IMO. She's hard-ish to keep out.
Predator - Really depends on variation. Hunter can be kept out with Cyber. HQT is probably best for Commando or CT.
Quan Chi - No MU Exp. This MU is really quite a bitch. Once you get in you can oppress him with any Vari but getting in is the trouble....I hate this MU
Raiden - No MU Exp. I think all do well enough against him. Commando gets hella mental damage in when you parry bobolay! lol
Reptile - Cyber and Commando do well. You can't stuff his wakeup armor with Commando and with cyber you can. so Cyber may be a little stronger.
Scorpion - Cyber can force him to yolo tele since he has a hard time coming in.
Shinnok - No MU Exp. Shinnok absolutely PEES on Commando if he plays a really lame keep out game. That's all I can tell you.
Sonya - No MU Exp. Cyber does well in her for similar reasons as he does well against Cassie. Also handles divekick well.
Sub-Zero - Cyber. Just don't trade when he Snow Balls. Absolutely Cyber if you're VSing GM; the other two variations are suicide. Vs Unbreakable and Cryomancer I think CT is probably the best.
Takeda - Very little MU Exp but CT. I feel the others get outranged and Cyber can't trade with Kunai and win. Agreed; he has enough tools to get around commando Oki/Pressure and he can keep you out relatively easily.
Tanya - Commando. Parry staggers or EX Command grab. I've been fighting my best friend who plays a lot of tanya and yeah; Commando does pretty well in this MU; even though she has some great armor breaking stuff and some Throw invulnerability on her Rekkas.
Tremor - Not sure yet. Kind of feeling Cyber or Cutthroat. - Commando just has to read his wakeup armor and can stuff it with a parry if I'm not mistaken. Kanos neutral buttons just generally seem to beat tremor though so I think he does well enough regardless.
Left notes in yellow. I'm at work so kinda just leavin' thoughts.