What's new

Which factor will influence who you decide to main in MKX?

Who will you main?

• Total voters

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Three things determine my main. Nostalgia, badassness, and playstyle.

Kabal in MK9 was the most fun I had playing a fg character, with his cancels/execution. I am doubting he'll be in MKX, so I've got my eye on Mavado.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm going to do what I always do.
Main the character I think is and looks the coolest.

So far it's looking like Aztec, heart bursting, blood drinking, green glowing, blood god man from the end of the gameplay trailer.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
If Goro is playable I'm in 100% on Goro won't be like Injustice where I messed with everyone. If not probably Scorpion and maybe the big guy with the kid/midget eventually I'll get bored of them and try everyone.

I like to be a jack of all trades and master of pretty much none. That's how I was in MK9 and IGAU and that's how I'm gonna keep it in MKX.

I mean, yeah, I had my homeboys, Ermac and Ares, they were my go to guys, but then I had my funsies characters - Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung and Grundy, Mi Amigo - Bane, my homegirl - Raven, my one tier whore - Green Lantern (I felt most comfortable using him against top tiers, k?) and then other secondaries just for variety.

In MK9 I could pick anyone from the cast (except Skarlet, never entirely got the hang of her) and do fine with them. Never got like with IGAU because I didn't have the patience for that game, but with MKX I hope to do what I did with MK9.

However, if Ermac is in MKX, I'll stay loyal to him and try make him my go to guy again.

EDIT: Also, The Cagemeister. He was my homeboy before Ermac, so if he makes it in (which I kinda doubt seeing as how dark and serious it's looking this time around), I'll definitely use him as well.

Last edited:

Juro

Noob
Cyrax and Kabal all day. Been playing them since the golden ages of UMK3, ain't quitting now.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
For me its option 2 and 3 from the top. A character's looks and his play style are the dominant factors for me, but often if there's a choice I'd rather pick the one that is lower tier. In Mk9 it came down between Cyrax and Sektor. I picked Sektor.