• Xbox One

• PS4

• Xbox 360

• PS3

• PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'd just like to add, I think the reason behind the XB1 supposedly controller being terrible for fighters is hear say based on the previous three Xbox controllers, I hear the D-pad is better but ergonomically it still seems like it just.. doesn't work for fighters.

Unless converters and general fightpads/sticks are lacking for a system, the stock controller shouldn't be determinant on deciding on a tourney standard.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'd just like to add, I think the reason behind the XB1 supposedly controller being terrible for fighters is hear say based on the previous three Xbox controllers, I hear the D-pad is better but ergonomically it still seems like it just.. doesn't work for fighters.

Unless converters and general fightpads/sticks are lacking for a system, the stock controller shouldn't be determinant on deciding on a tourney standard.
Yeah. I hated the xbox 360 pad with all of my heart. The xb1 pad is fine. Works great. I like the placement of the dpad.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
I Have the xbone and the ps4 at the moment I like them both but I always had xbox! My think and i think alot of people would agree that the xbox controller is for shooters and the playstation controller is for fighters to sum it up!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
i didnt know it was quite that bad
Actually I felt the X1 controller is far more comfortable than the PS4 one, when it comes to a FG. the controller itself fits very well in your hands and feels more natural to use. The PS4 one is fin, but its not perfect by any stretch.

Just google resolution gate
The X1 is having the problems that PS3 suffered from, which is most the games are not hitting the developer's target resolution and have had to suffer downgrades as low as running in 720p. The games have been getting better and they are getting to a higher resolution but so far they have mainly capped at 900p for most multi-platform games.

Both the launch exclusives Forza 5 and Ryse suffered huge graphical downgrades just to maintain the frame rate that had to be hit which Ryse would only remain stable at 30FPS.

Whereas the PS4 most games have hit either one of the two resolutions, either 1080p or 900p, and have had more stable frame rates.

Also, keep in mind according to all the bench tests run on these two systems the PS4 has performed better and shown to have better and more powerful hardware compared to the X1.

Now things might get better for the X1 though now that developers will eventually have access to the extra 10% of the GPU that the Kinect took up and Direct X 12, but it will only allow the developers so much before they are having to hold back due to hardware that just is inferior to both PCs and the PS4.

Now I'm not saying the X1 is a bad console it runs fine and everything I have played on it is good and I am sure MKX will play well on it, but there is way too much out there that shows that MKX will more likely run better on the PS4 rather than the X1.

I am not putting sources here cause I don't have time I just summarized it all for you, but if need be you must see them, just search the X1 and Ps4 benchmark tests, resolution gate, forza and ryzes downgrade. You should find more than enough to show what I just mentioned.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I gotta LOL at the amount of people saying that the game will probably run better on the xbox over playstation. Yall know that the only reason that it was even an issue this current gen was because they chose the easier system to program for, right? When games are developed on the playstation first and then ported to xbox there isn't an issue. In the case of xbox one and playstation 4 they are using a lot of the same/close hardware(although ps4 is more powerful). I'm gonna assume that it will probably be developed on either pc or ps4 and then ported down to the other platforms.
Evo runs on microsoft

your points don't matter.

Backfire

Noob
Actually I felt the X1 controller is far more comfortable than the PS4 one, when it comes to a FG. the controller itself fits very well in your hands and feels more natural to use. The PS4 one is fin, but its not perfect by any stretch.

Just google resolution gate
The X1 is having the problems that PS3 suffered from, which is most the games are not hitting the developer's target resolution and have had to suffer downgrades as low as running in 720p. The games have been getting better and they are getting to a higher resolution but so far they have mainly capped at 900p for most multi-platform games.

Both the launch exclusives Forza 5 and Ryse suffered huge graphical downgrades just to maintain the frame rate that had to be hit which Ryse would only remain stable at 30FPS.

Whereas the PS4 most games have hit either one of the two resolutions, either 1080p or 900p, and have had more stable frame rates.

Also, keep in mind according to all the bench tests run on these two systems the PS4 has performed better and shown to have better and more powerful hardware compared to the X1.

Now things might get better for the X1 though now that developers will eventually have access to the extra 10% of the GPU that the Kinect took up and Direct X 12, but it will only allow the developers so much before they are having to hold back due to hardware that just is inferior to both PCs and the PS4.

Now I'm not saying the X1 is a bad console it runs fine and everything I have played on it is good and I am sure MKX will play well on it, but there is way too much out there that shows that MKX will more likely run better on the PS4 rather than the X1.

I am not putting sources here cause I don't have time I just summarized it all for you, but if need be you must see them, just search the X1 and Ps4 benchmark tests, resolution gate, forza and ryzes downgrade. You should find more than enough to show what I just mentioned.
How did you find the dpad?

TheSpore

How did you find the dpad?
It was fine, I normally play FGs on the Madcat FightPads, which are way more my alley, but I found the D-Pad pretty comfy. I would suggest you go out to a local tourney or try it out for yourself before you buy an X1. Regardless of what many say the controller is a big part of buying a new console. The good thing about FGs is that over time the fightpads and more sticks will become available eventually.

Backfire

Noob
It was fine, I normally play FGs on the Madcat FightPads, which are way more my alley, but I found the D-Pad pretty comfy. I would suggest you go out to a local tourney or try it out for yourself before you buy an X1. Regardless of what many say the controller is a big part of buying a new console. The good thing about FGs is that over time the fightpads and more sticks will become available eventually.
I actually always play with the fightpad. Im Pretty set on getting an Xbox one because most my friends have one and killer instinct looks so good.

TheSpore

I actually always play with the fightpad. Im Pretty set on getting an Xbox one because most my friends have one and killer instinct looks so good.
Like I said go with the console you like in general, the system isn't bad and its way better now that they 180ed all the dumbassery they tried to pull earlier before it was out and KI is fun I enjoyed the time I spent with and I will likely get the system one day.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Tell that to the Tekken and Guilty Gear crowds that have larger bases on Playstation. Especially the latter as the new game will be exclusive to Playstation platforms.
i would

but this game is going to be on xbone..... and if it is at EVO... they'll do whatever they can to have it on xbone.

JDM

Noob
How is it awful?

I can't even play on pad, but when I got killer instinct, I was able to pick it up super easy. You can feel every direction click and it was extremely easy to execute on. I like the placement of the dpad lower on the controller instead of being up at the top... which makes it easier to roll on. What's the actual complaint about it?
The Dpad is really bad. Flat, no substance to it. It feels really cheap, like a knock off version of a real controller. I also get random jumps all the time on it since it's so crappy. The Analog is slightly better but I feel like it's also a step back from the 360 version. Just feels worse.

Xbox controllers pretty much always have horrible DPads so it's kinda expected but even the analog is mediocre imo

i would

but this game is going to be on xbone..... and if it is at EVO... they'll do whatever they can to have it on xbone.
Evo switching to Xbox had to do with it being the best console to play SFIV and Marvel 3 on. That's not the case for the games I've mentioned. Ideally they should go with the most optimal platform for each game but we'll see.

TheSpore

Evo switching to Xbox had to do with it being the best console to play SFIV and Marvel 3 on. That's not the case for the games I've mentioned. Ideally they should go with the most optimal platform for each game but we'll see.
I love how everyone thinks that just because MS is sponsoring EVO this year that everything will be X-Box. They are only there to sponsor KI and that's pretty much it.

The Dpad is really bad. Flat, no substance to it. It feels really cheap, like a knock off version of a real controller. I also get random jumps all the time on it since it's so crappy. The Analog is slightly better but I feel like it's also a step back from the 360 version. Just feels worse.

Xbox controllers pretty much always have horrible DPads so it's kinda expected but even the analog is mediocre imo
How long did you play on the X1. Because I had exactly the same feeling when I played KI on pad the first time. But when i bought the X1 myself I noticed that the dpad is not that bad, pretty good actually you just have to get used to it.